You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I reckon they’re getting another 4 points deducted and it still won’t be enough to flush them. 

Unfortunately, you’re probably right.

Just looking at their fixtures…

Us - H

Bournemouth - A

Newcastle - A

Burnley - H

Chelsea - A

Forest - H

Brentford - H

Luton - A

Sheff Utd - H

Arsenal - A

…say they are taken down to 21 points, if they can’t get 9+ points from that group, they only have themselves to blame. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Us - H

Bournemouth - A

Newcastle - A

Burnley - H

Chelsea - A

Forest - H

Brentford - H

Luton - A

Sheff Utd - H

Arsenal - A

…say they are taken down to 21 points, if they can’t get 9+ points from that group, they only have themselves to blame. 

Looking at that you’d say they should get 10 minimum but if they lose the next 3 (with a deduction in between) they could seriously implode. But as has been said, those below are fucking dreadful and that will save them not Dyches Blue Dogs Of War or dogs being passed around like a spiff outside the ground. 

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Us - H

Bournemouth - A

Newcastle - A

Burnley - H

Chelsea - A

Forest - H

Brentford - H

Luton - A

Sheff Utd - H

Arsenal - A

What you're not factoring in here is that they haven't won a league game since December 16th. Three months. 

I say they beat Burnley and Sheff Utd out of that lot. On current form, and there's nothing to suggest a change in that form, they get 7 points tops out of that lot. 

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

What you're not factoring in here is that they haven't won a league game since December 16th. Three months. 

I say they beat Burnley and Sheff Utd out of that lot. On current form, and there's nothing to suggest a change in that form, they get 7 points tops out of that lot. 

Get where you’re coming from. Unfortunately their losing run won’t go on forever. 

Chelsea, Bournemouth and Newcastle more or less have nothing to pay for. If they can’t beat those sides around them, especially with 3 of them at home, they don’t deserve to stay up. 

Unfortunately, given the shite around them, I think 7 points would be enough to keep them up. Hopefully it goes to last day and they have to turn up at Arsenal. 

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

7 points will be more than enough though.

The bottom four are all woeful, and Luton have a lot of injuries to their first choice players. 

Sheffield United are gone, then it's two from Burnley, Forest and Luton.

It still doesn’t make sense.  Why would a company that are clearly on their arse and struggling financially pretty much everywhere be keeping a company they don’t own afloat.  A company that isn’t going to be able to pay these “loans” back if they don’t take over and won’t make anywhere near the profit to cover the investment that these loans would turn into.

Everything is so dodgy it’s hard to tell what everyones motives are.  The more I think about it the more it makes sense that the only person possibly benefitting from this is Usmanov.  If they go under then he loses everything he’s invested.  It’s possible that since he’s had a lot of his assets frozen and that he’s on all these lists because of the Russia Ukraine war that maybe he’s struggling to get his money to Moshiri to keep the club going and the stadium being built.  Nobody seems to know where 777’s money is coming from that they are loaning to Everton and maybe the premier league are suspicious as well.  They’re already linked with all sorts of gangsters in the US so maybe he’s doing via them.  The premier league can’t stop Everton loaning money but the longer they just let it go on the more ridiculous is looks on 777’s behalf.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

It still doesn’t make sense.  Why would a company that are clearly on their arse and struggling financially pretty much everywhere be keeping a company they don’t own afloat.  A company that isn’t going to be able to pay these “loans” back if they don’t take over and won’t make anywhere near the profit to cover the investment that these loans would turn into.

Everything is so dodgy it’s hard to tell what everyones motives are.  The more I think about it the more it makes sense that the only person possibly benefitting from this is Usmanov.  If they go under then he loses everything he’s invested.  It’s possible that since he’s had a lot of his assets frozen and that he’s on all these lists because of the Russia Ukraine war that maybe he’s struggling to get his money to Moshiri to keep the club going and the stadium being built.  Nobody seems to know where 777’s money is coming from that they are loaning to Everton and maybe the premier league are suspicious as well.  They’re already linked with all sorts of gangsters in the US so maybe he’s doing via them.  The premier league can’t stop Everton loaning money but the longer they just let it go on the more ridiculous is looks on 777’s behalf.

I guess if you just keep money moving round and round and just trying to keep ahead of creditors. 

Split the stadium from the club and rent the stadium back to the club,plus interest from loans to the club. Its all just profit i guess

Approval may turn out to be a bad thing for the bloos, clearly 777 are dodgy and have their own financial and legal issues.  If 777 takeover wasn’t approved Moshiri would have to find other buyers…probably at a significantly reduced price but at least they may be more stable financially than it appears 777 are. Moshiri would lose out whereas now I guess Moshiri is getting something back?

10 hours ago, The Guest said:

Hypothesis*:

1/777 know they can’t afford to buy Everton.

2/777 know they can’t afford to own Everton, who are haemorrhaging money and won’t stop doing so any time soon. 
3/777 know that Morishi is desperate to sell, and that the club can barely survive from one month to the next. 
So… 777 decided to begin takeover talks, loan money at a ludicrous rate of interest so that the club can keep going whilst talks continue, with the intention of the deal never actually going ahead, before 777 get all their loans back plus a massive wad of interest. 
If that’s their play then it’s brilliant - all the benefits of owning a football club (rinsing it for cash, a degree of credibility for an iffy company) but none of the hassle of actually owning a football club. 
And of course, all the Bloos fans will blame the FA/the Premier League/Morishi/Rafa Benitez for the deal being called off, and their team’s subsequent financial meltdown, long before they get angry at 777. 

*Translation: Obviously I can’t prove a word of this. But hear me out anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Not a lot in that statement about " ambition ' stop laughing,  for the club going forward .

I know they are usually generic statements but to not put anything about moving the club forward is pretty strange .