You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

As long as you realise it was far more muscle' date=' rather than fat you lost, Gaz. [/b']When your body is not fed carbs, it takes what it needs from your muscle fibres, and not your fat reserves.

Atkins is the same as any 'diet'. Once you stop the prescribed course, so to speak, you're left with a void that you need to fill. It's only meant to be a temporary thing, and then ultimately you go back to what you did before as you feel the burden of the chore of dieting is gone.

On the other hand, what I'm doing, I'm actually eating the same amount of food as before, if not more, and enjoying it all.

Leeson, having muscle to lose in the first place ??? that's unpossible. Oh and meant to say gaz, lost the weight great, done anything about the face ???? Final dig, people saying Gaz is skinny, well it's a little known fact the film 'Mac and Me' was loosely based on a week in the life of me and the buddah boy.

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17

Guest TK-421
I tried it for one day, it never survived a trip to Llloyds bar in town with my mates after work. I went in there all smart arse saying I was going to have a mixed grill EVEN THOUGH I WAS ON A DIET, but then ended up giving my peas and chips away. When my mate went to the bar I had to have water, no beer, no sugar and no fucking sugar substitute. Bollocks to this I thought, this is going to get complicated.

Yeah, it's no good if you have a social life. Fortunately I didn't and lost shitloads of weight in those two months. I started fitting back into 32" jeans and everything. But it all went back on when I came off it. That was back in the day.

Nowadays I'm just more conscious about what I eat and lower the carb/beer intake during the week.

Fuck, we really sound like gay women on this thread.

Yeah, it's no good if you have a social life. Fortunately I didn't and lost shitloads of weight in those two months. I started fitting back into 32" jeans and everything. But it all went back on when I came off it. That was back in the day.

Nowadays I'm just more conscious about what I eat and lower the carb/beer intake during the week.

just this thread? ;)

I've just got into a sort of health drive of me own.

About half an hour after getting out of bed I do:

10 press ups,

5 mins on the exercise bike completing 2 miles,

10 Bicep Curls with the dumbelss,

10 Sidearm raises with the dumbells,

10 Sit ups,

and then another 10 minutes on the exercise bike completing a further 4 miles,

and finally another 10 press ups.

I'm starting to feel the benefits of it like, I've been doing it 3 weeks now and at first I was out of breath for a while afterwards. Now my recovery time is a lot quicker. It could soon be time to step up a level.

I also go for what used to be a half hour walk after dinnertime. I jog parts of it now and there is a hill on the run (Eddies Hill, Knotty Ash) which I always make a point of running up, its about 1 and a half minutes of steep uphill jogging.

I'm hoping to first and foremost lose weight aswell, I'm certain I'll lose weight because I have gone from doing nothing to doing this. Even if I dont lose much weight the health benefits have got to be worth it.

My problem is that I don't like moving, I often wish I was just a brain in a jar.

What ever excerise you do needs changed every 6 weeks. russian Scientists found that after 6 weeks people plateau. Top athletes playeau after only 2 weeks in some cases.

People worry about there wieght too much at times,alot will depend on your shape the height weight chart uses a sample body type. Look at Thiago Alves and Brock lesnar.

Niether could be described as unfit or out of shape yet Thiago is 20lb over his highest weight on the chart and Brock is 75lb over. The body fat ratio is a better scale to use. having said that im well over were i want to be but i have only been back at the gym after a injury kept me from sport for 18 months. cant remeber the first name of what was wrong, it was ? ossification, they cut a lump of calcium deposists over 4 inches long out the top of my quad right on the top of my leg and lower abdomen.

I've just got into a sort of health drive of me own.

About half an hour after getting out of bed I do:

10 press ups,

5 mins on the exercise bike completing 2 miles,

10 Bicep Curls with the dumbelss,

10 Sidearm raises with the dumbells,

10 Sit ups,

and then another 10 minutes on the exercise bike completing a further 4 miles,

and finally another 10 press ups.

I'm starting to feel the benefits of it like, I've been doing it 3 weeks now and at first I was out of breath for a while afterwards. Now my recovery time is a lot quicker. It could soon be time to step up a level.

I also go for what used to be a half hour walk after dinnertime. I jog parts of it now and there is a hill on the run (Eddies Hill, Knotty Ash) which I always make a point of running up, its about 1 and a half minutes of steep uphill jogging.

I'm hoping to first and foremost lose weight aswell, I'm certain I'll lose weight because I have gone from doing nothing to doing this. Even if I dont lose much weight the health benefits have got to be worth it.

Some squats are worth adding into that routine, if you do them lift yourself up from your toes,dont bounce as it will damage your knees

I am getting on for losing two stone since January, I haven't been the gym once, just played footy a fair bit and done bike rides. Oh and stop taking the piss eating junk.

Ten mile bike ride one day and hour of weights the next, together with not eating shite anymore and not having a bevy for about two months has seen it start to fall off. Cycling is where it's at.

• 4 weeks later...

Today is where I was aiming for when I started this lark 7 months ago. I was hoping to be somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 stone by today, but I've exceeded my expectations, by getting to the 3 1/2 stone mark! And after the initial surge, it levelled out and since February, it's worked out as a steady average of a half stone per month.

I now am the proud owner of the first pair of 32" jeans I've had in 20 years! I started the year wearing jeans that were labelled as 36", but through wearing them on my rotund form, they were stretched to about 38". And the same had happened with the 34" stretching to 36", thus giving a false measurement. But those I bought yesterday are 32" as labelled, and they fit very comfortably.

Result!

Today is where I was aiming for when I started this lark 7 months ago. I was hoping to be somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 stone by today' date=' but I've exceeded my expectations, by getting to the 3 1/2 stone mark! And after the initial surge, it levelled out and since February, it's worked out as a steady average of a half stone per month.

I now am the proud owner of the first pair of 32" jeans I've had in 20 years! I started the year wearing jeans that were labelled as 36", but through wearing them on my rotund form, they were stretched to about 38". And the same had happened with the 34" stretching to 36", thus giving a false measurement. But those I bought yesterday are 32" as labelled, and they fit very comfortably.

Result![/quote']

what have you been doing, diet and fitness wise in an average week?

Today is where I was aiming for when I started this lark 7 months ago. I was hoping to be somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 stone by today' date=' but I've exceeded my expectations, by getting to the 3 1/2 stone mark! And after the initial surge, it levelled out and since February, it's worked out as a steady average of a half stone per month.

Result![/quote']

Fair play to ye lad... hard part now mate is keeping it off! As Kate Moss said, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Fuck me I really need to start reading the 442 again instead of the girlfriends mags...

Nothing out of the ordinary, Bri. It's more about what I didn't eat, than what I did. A simple rundown would be as follows...

I cut out the beer and pizzas of the weekends.

Drinking plenty of water. It keeps the metabolism up.

Out went processed foods, including white bread. Replaced by home made wholemeal bread. It's always been available at home, now I just eat more of it.

Pastas and rice were switched to wholemeal too.

Cakes, biscuits, and chocolate, of which I had a fair stash were cut out too. The processed sugar fix was replaced with the natural sugar of fruit, which gives the sweetness without the spiked surge of processed sugar. As I've gone on, I have been able to have the odd chocolate bar here or there, but it's an exception rather than the norm. And as such, barely registers in my overall intake. And it pisses people off even more when they see me eating goodies, but continuing to lose weight.

Walking 3-5 miles 4-5 days a week, increasing to 5-6 miles as I got more used to it. Walking at 120 steps per minute, cycling at 90rpm, Both get the heartrate going at the optimum range for fat burning. It's different for everyone, according to age and other factors. Work out yours here... fat-burning-heart-rate

I'll repeat again, that this, as some around me have mistakenly called it, is not a 'diet' in the sense of a short term plan to lose weight. I've actually been eating more, and eating more regularly than I was before, but it goes back to the point I made at the start, it's what I'm eating and not eating that counts.

Fruit and vegetables can be eaten in any amount that's comfortable. So this is now how I eat, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, with a wide variety of meat and fish. This is sustainable in the long term, unlike having a system whereby you only eat measured amounts of particular foods on particular days, for a set amount of time. That's not sustainable and only leads to a mindset of getting off it and 'cheating'. Either way, if you then go back to eating all the processed crap you did before, it's all in vain. and you'll find yourself back at square one again wondering where it all went wrong.

Hope this helps a few more to realise you can eat better and lose weight.

My missus is on the weight watches shit but apparently tonight was blowout night, Curry. ACE.

She is out so left mine out for me. Fucking hell it's a chicken breast with a red stripe on it. I ate that and am now halfway through a massive slab of blue cheese and another bottle of cheeky mexican wine.

• 3 weeks later...

You've got to exercie mate. No use if you don't exercise. I gave up the booze for 4 months, exercised and ate properly and lost 7 stone. And I've kept it off now since April through regular exercise even though I'm back drinking quite a bit and eating quite a bit also.

You've got to exercie mate. No use if you don't exercise. I gave up the booze for 4 months, exercised and ate properly and lost 7 stone. And I've kept it off now since April through regular exercise even though I'm back drinking quite a bit and eating quite a bit also.

I cycle to and from work everyday and play football at the weekend.

I know what to do and hopw to eat as I used to work in a gym FFS. But I also know that Chinese and beer tastes so fucking good!

Swimming is where its at. Knackering but refreshing and relaxing at the same time.

Yep, and something you can do late in life as well! I work around the corner from a pool, so it is easy, three or four times a week.

Less competitive gobshites as well.

I cycle to and from work everyday and play football at the weekend.

I know what to do and hopw to eat as I used to work in a gym FFS. But I also know that Chinese and beer tastes so fucking good!

Well then it's just the takeaways and sitting at home and snacking on biscuits and crisps then. I haven't had a single takeaway this year having been a 6 a week man. And I don't miss them either now I realise how nice food can be when cooked properly. I used to also sit at home and eat close on 2 packs of biscuits a night so cutting that out was a big step for me.

Well then it's just the takeaways and sitting at home and snacking on biscuits and crisps then. I haven't had a single takeaway this year having been a 6 a week man. And I don't miss them either now I realise how nice food can be when cooked properly. I used to also sit at home and eat close on 2 packs of biscuits a night so cutting that out was a big step for me.

Fucking hell JH!!

Also my other issue is the time of eating also. By the time I finsh work and put the little one to bed its gone 8. Then having to cook ect I go to sleep on a full stomach.

See I know all the shit just need to do something about it.