You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

I'm surprised at that!

I'm about 5 foot 10 or 11 inches (6 foot if you include the hair!) and weigh around 12 and a half stone. I would say that's pretty average. I eat and drink as much as I want, but I generally don't eat much fast food anymore.

Had to show some dedication plus I'm a stubborn bastard and I just want to keep the streak alive.

Anyone mentioned swimming?

I swim a mile a day on work days, started off with 20 lengths of a 25 meter pool 3 days a week, moved it up to 32 for 4 days then after maybe a month pushed it to 64 in 40 mins 5 days a week.

Do it during lunch so i miss out on lunch, but it means i take maybe an hour 20 for lunch, 40 mins of that swimming, the rest getting changed and cycling to the pool and back.

Fell great as well. I feel i could kick a kitten into orbit when i get out.

I was a tad out with my 12-stone given weight since that was months ago (maybe even a year). I have been a lot more attentive to my physical well-being this year, and having just weight myself again, it's a more realistic 11st 4lb. This chart says I'm OK so that'll do me.

bmi-chart.gif

Got weighed this morning to keep a bit of a track, heaviest ever by miles, quite excited at the prospect of losing loads again though so I'm not really worried. Refused all kinds of sweets and what have you in work already, rock 'n' roll.

Naked pics?

I'm 6 foot and I weigh 21 stone.

There's a story behind it which I won't go into but I need it the band, and I'll probably need these tablets for the rest of my life.

Would you like to be my ex, they become skinny ugly twats when i've finished with them.

Psshh. 7 and a half stone. Fatties.

That's about the same as my leg!

That'd be amazing. Nah I'm 5 ft tall.

Not far off my leg at all then.

Anyone mentioned swimming?

I swim a mile a day on work days, started off with 20 lengths of a 25 meter pool 3 days a week, moved it up to 32 for 4 days then after maybe a month pushed it to 64 in 40 mins 5 days a week.

Do it during lunch so i miss out on lunch, but it means i take maybe an hour 20 for lunch, 40 mins of that swimming, the rest getting changed and cycling to the pool and back.

Fell great as well. I feel i could kick a kitten into orbit when i get out.

Yeah, i think i'd end up killing someone if i missed out on lunch.

Good stuff, how did you do it JohnnyH? I can't be bothered reading back over the thread as I'm too lazy, which could be why I'm carrying a podge.

Gave up the drink for nearly 4 months. First time I'd not had a drink for more then 4 days in 20 years.

I used to eat 2 takeaways a night and would polish off 2 packs of biscuits a night also no problem. That along with bottles of coke and plenty of beer was a recipe for a huge podge. Now I eat plenty, but it's all decent food and I don't really bother with crisps or biscuits or coke or such stuff.

Most of all though, I exercise a lot. I now go the gym 5 times a week and walk any time I can. For example, if I'm in a hotel or an office block and I'm going to anywhere up to the 5th floor, I always take the stairs. Just keeping very active and now I've got energy to burn and it feels fucking superb. I'm back drinking and now have the odd takeaway also, but I just don't stuff my face with shite for the sake of it now.

I'm 6ft 4" though and of a decent build. I hover between 14 1/2 and 14st 11lbs now. Well happy with that.

With my height (5'11), my BMI says I should be about 12st 8lbs when I actually weigh 13st 7lbs but I you wouldn't really consider me overweight as I am like yourself, of a decent build. Big boned and all that.

I train twice a week for 90 minutes with my football team. A match every weekend then and I try to fit 40 minutes on the bike one day during the week too. So I can afford to let me eating habits go here and there. Saying that, we finish for our winter break in four weeks until the middle of January. Safe to say, I'll be carrying a few festive pounds then.

My biggest problem is beer. Not that I drink that often but say I go on a two day binge, you'd actually notice a couple of pounds just like that. Around the face and tits area like.

Gave up the drink for nearly 4 months. First time I'd not had a drink for more then 4 days in 20 years.

I used to eat 2 takeaways a night and would polish off 2 packs of biscuits a night also no problem. That along with bottles of coke and plenty of beer was a recipe for a huge podge. Now I eat plenty, but it's all decent food and I don't really bother with crisps or biscuits or coke or such stuff.

Most of all though, I exercise a lot. I now go the gym 5 times a week and walk any time I can. For example, if I'm in a hotel or an office block and I'm going to anywhere up to the 5th floor, I always take the stairs. Just keeping very active and now I've got energy to burn and it feels fucking superb. I'm back drinking and now have the odd takeaway also, but I just don't stuff my face with shite for the sake of it now.

Good stuff.

What does my head in though is that I do none of what you've put in your top paragraph and I honestly never have. I've never had a sweet tooth, I drink once a week at the weekend, I have fast food/takeaway food maybe once a month at most. Of all the people I know I eat the least shite, always have.

I've been going to the gym on and off for about six years now, mostly weights really but there's still a fair bit of cardio in there, and it simply does not work.

I have probably two stone worth of weight that I simply will never shift I reckon.

Fair play. You actually look like a different person.

The amount of people who have to do a double take when they see me is quite funny. People I haven't seen in 6 or 7 months just walk past me. Although that might just be down to me been a cunt and so they are ignoring me.

I'm 6 foot and weight 11 stone 12.

I'm surprised at that!

I'm about 5 foot 10 or 11 inches and weigh around 12 and a half stone. I would say that's pretty average. I eat and drink as much as I want, but I generally don't eat much fast food anymore.

You'v shrunk 2 inches and put on 9 pound in 10 months?

What the fuck are you eating, Cain?!!

I drink.

I smoke.

I fry whatever I can and eat lots of bad crap.

I don't like exercise and I don't believe the great outdoors is actually all that great.

My only concession to exercise is that I will walk somewhere rather than drive if it's possible. Not because I appreciate the exercise but because I like long drives and get pissed off if any more than 2% of my time in the car is spent looking for a parking spot.

I'm 5'9", 41 years old, nine and a half stone and 30" around my belt.

Stress is what does it for me although sometimes I do wonder if I'm actually dead.

I'm 6ft 4" though and of a decent build. I hover between 14 1/2 and 14st 11lbs now. Well happy with that.

Well done, your an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

I'm doing a similar thing currently and 3" taller than you.

target weight is 16stone from 18.5, never looked over weight for height reasons. Always been active/sports etc

You've shown that its doable in a relatively short period time if you want it bad enough, thanks.