You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Stoke  

716 members have voted

1. 1. TLW picks the team v Stoke

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for whichever young un plays, Stoke's tactics make Fat Sham's Bolton look like 70's Brazil. I've gone for Ayala simply because I've never seen Kelly play, hope Ayala keeps his brain farts in check if he gets the chance tonight. On a side note, havn't heard much about retardo delapesma recently, did his arms fall off or something?

I feel sorry for whichever young un plays, Stoke's tactics make Fat Sham's Bolton look like 70's Brazil. I've gone for Ayala simply because I've never seen Kelly play, hope Ayala keeps his brain farts in check if he gets the chance tonight. On a side note, havn't heard much about retardo delapesma recently, did his arms fall off or something?

The scored off one of his long throws over the weekend.

Probably one of the worst games we could have after Sunday. Stoke are well capable of holding out for a draw against any side in the division and will go out to frustrate.

Got a bad feeling that this may end in a draw with the match much like last season's....

I would go for something like this (4-4-2):

Reina

Kelly Johnson Carra Insua

Benayoun Gerrard Lucas Riera

Kuyt Torres

Kelly is our only valid option on right back i my opinion. As for the midfield I think we don't need Mascherano but he could also play, but I've chosen Lucas becaus he is a tad more creative. And I think we should play with two striker because it would make the Stoke defenders busier and will create more options in front of the goal and Kuyt is a better target man than Torres while the latter could be given more of a free role to lurk around the box finding his own space, something which I don't think Stoke are prepared for.

Has Gerard ever played centre midfield under Rafa in the system we use now?

I can only remember him playing in the middle in a 442. The wingers being deeper than we play now. This doens't suit Kuyt. So if we're going 442 i hope it's Yossi right and Kuyt up front.

Why does Lucas have to play?

Gerrard in centre midfield with Benayoun behind Torres, please Rafa.

Why would we break up the Gerrard/Torres axis for a match against Stoke at home though?

I'd understand it if we were coming up against a top class midfield, but we're not.

Benayoun should come in, but only for Babel.