You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rooney

peter burgess

I’ve always thought it was a joke he was even given a job in management. 
Very good player but he’s obviously low intelligence and a bit of a skidmark of a person. 
Imagine being a player and having to follow the rules of someone with his track record.

35 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Taking a club from 6th to 20th in under 4 months is quite impressive in its way. 

Shame Dyche is working out at the bloos.

20 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Can only assume the board culture is that of pushing for League 1 and being red faced,granny shagging losers

That’s still a better look than Garry Cook - the absolute chump who appointed Rooney at Birmingham - made his reputation for. 
•Saying that Gary Dunne, the player who had been Manchester City’s player of the year for the previous four seasons, needed to be sold - not because he wasn’t good enough, but because fans in China and India would struggle to pronounce his name? That was our Garry!

•Saying that the various criminal allegations against Thaskin Shinatwa were less important than whether he was “a great guy to place golf with”? That was our Garry!

•The genuinely embarrassing saga of trying to sign Kaka? That was our Garry!

•Inviting Uwe Rosler to the “Manchester United Hall Of Fame”? That was our Garry!

•Getting the boot over emails joking about a player’s mother dying of cancer? That was our Garry!

Rooney hasn’t always covered himself in glory over the years. But I want Birmingham to do even worse now that he’s gone. 

• Upvote 1

Him, Lampard and Keane are good examples of how simply being good at football doesn't just translate to being a good manager. They probably go in there with the swagger and somehow magically expect it to rub off on the players.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Him, Lampard and Keane are good examples of how simply being good at football doesn't just translate to being a good manager. They probably go in there with the swagger and somehow magically expect it to rub off on the players.

Stevie could well be in the same boat.

• Upvote 1

Adversity breeds success. 

I want my managers (with a few exceptions) to be average players who had to develop their abilities in other areas of football to stay in the game and my Brazilian superstars who spent their youth dodging bullets and wearing football shirts made out of carrier bags kicking a bag of rocks around the favela's.

Last thing you need is to find out you're signing a Brazilian superstar from a middle class, affluent part of Brazil.

6 hours ago, Ron B said:

That’s still a better look than Garry Cook - the absolute chump who appointed Rooney at Birmingham - made his reputation for. 
•Saying that Gary Dunne, the player who had been Manchester City’s player of the year for the previous four seasons, needed to be sold - not because he wasn’t good enough, but because fans in China and India would struggle to pronounce his name? That was our Garry!

•Saying that the various criminal allegations against Thaskin Shinatwa were less important than whether he was “a great guy to place golf with”? That was our Garry!

•The genuinely embarrassing saga of trying to sign Kaka? That was our Garry!

•Inviting Uwe Rosler to the “Manchester United Hall Of Fame”? That was our Garry!

•Getting the boot over emails joking about a player’s mother dying of cancer? That was our Garry!

Rooney hasn’t always covered himself in glory over the years. But I want Birmingham to do even worse now that he’s gone. 

Wasnt there somebody named Garry Cook at City once?

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Wasnt there somebody named Garry Cook at City once?

Yup. What I’ve listed is his career ‘highlights’ from his time at City. He then headed off to Saudi Arabia. He’s now failing at Birmingham. Absolute dog of a bloke.

I’m not a great fan of Rooney, but if I had to choose between ‘Wazza’ breaking a toenail or Garry Cook being hit by a bus then I wouldn’t have to think twice. 

• Upvote 1