You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think, in general, Riera lacks end product. He causes oppositions teams problems with his running and he's still bedding in...

Despite looking like he's constantly on the verge of losing the ball, Riera has an almost Hamann like ability to hold players off and keep posession. This, combined with his quick feet, get him into some very good positions, but his deliver is, more often than not, disappointing.

It is what keeps him in the bracket below being a really good player. Unfortunately, by this stage of his career, one fears that his inconsistent end product is probably endemic. He has certainly improved our left side though, no doubt about that.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, in general, Riera lacks end product. He causes oppositions teams problems with his running and he's still bedding in but I think his use of the ball could be better but I still think he's a good player. As for Babel, he needs to get his shit together, good player with a future ahead of him if he wants it.

I agree that Riera is not yet quite the genius he's beginning to be seen as. However, he has improved us significantly this season with his retention of the ball, natural width and ability to beat a man. I think his end product has been good except for goals. We can only rely on Gerrard and Dirk to score from midfield.

As for Babel, I haven't seen anything to make me want him in the team this season; cameos - even great ones - don't justify repeated selection. He's an impact sub at best.

Riera was always going to look good at the start because of the comparison with who he replaced.... Kewell's 80k/wk off the books was our deal of the summer

Was hoping Babel would be coming thru a lot more by now.... His cameos were fine in his 1st season but hasn't pushed on, especially when starting.

I've always defended Babel but he can fuck off now. In the last few mins yesterday El Zhar was on a break down the right so i looked back down the pitch to see who was joining up and Aurelio, who's got half Babel's pace and played the full 90 mins, overtook the lazy bastard trying to join the attack. It was a disgrace i wouldn't be arsed if he never played for us again.

• 1 year later...

I've never hated a Liverpool player, I disliked heskey quite a bit, didn't like the way Macca left and now think Owen is a backstabbing little shit, but by god I'd love to thump this little shithouse, I'd honestly pay just to smack his toothy, chinless, rap loving head. I still can't quite believe this little shit cost us more than Alonso did.

Rafael Benitez won't play me so I'll have to leave Liverpool blasts unhappy striker Ryan Babel | Mail Online

Liverpool winger Ryan Babel plans winter talks with Rafael Benitez - and is vowing to leave unless he plays more games.The Holland international is unhappy with the limited number of matches he has started with the Anfield club since his £11.5million move from Ajax in the summer of 2007.

Babel explained: 'I have tried to talk to the manager but it isn't of any use. I couldn't really do anything with the feedback Benitez gave me.'We have agreed to look at my situation in the winter. If there's no improvement then, I have to be honest, I want to be somewhere else.

'I don't play a lot so I can't be happy and I can't cheer out loud. Sometimes I wonder how long I can sustain it but I will fight for my position - what else can I do?'Babel scored an impressive long-range goal for Liverpool in their last Champions League match, the 1-1 draw at Lyon.

However, on the eve of tonight's must-win match against Debrecen he spoke of his frustration at failing to make more of an impact with the club.He continued: 'Isn't it unbelievable that in my first year I got chosen as Talent of the Year? And a season later I hardly play and without getting a proper chance.'

Babel, who represented Holland in Beijing last summer, added: 'I don't know if it has anything to do with my little trip to the Olympics. I know the manager wanted me to stay.'

However, he does not think Benitez has a grudge against him.

Babel explained: 'I really don't believe he is trying to get back at me. Every time me or my agent (Willie Haatrecht) have a chat with him he stresses I can't leave and he believes in me.'We have to trust he is telling the truth. Saying it is different to showing it.'

Babel has confidence in his own ability and still believes he can make the right impression in a Liverpool shirt.He added: 'I have shown I can do it plenty of times. I know I could be further in my career but if nobody helps you, if they don't make it easier for you, then it is difficult.'

Horrible little shit. He's paved the way nicely for a January exit. My only question is whether he had the brains to do this on his own or if he had help from his agent. Clearly the quickest way out of the club is to publicly criticise the manager and this isn't the first time he's done it.

His future has been in his own hands. He scored a worldie for us against Lyon and the following game got 15 minutes against Birmingham during which he did the sum of fuck all. He then got a start against Citeh and comes off injured after a few minutes. And now he chooses to steam in to the manager?

Fuck off Babel, you twittering little shit. Take your fucking rap music, your bling and your shit attitude with you and disappear into the medioctity of the Eredivise.

He's clearly a fuckwit.

Yeah, the same fuckwit who has given us a breathing chance of hope tonight.

Never ceases to amaze me how red tops are used on here. If it fits an agenda its accurate. If not, fuck the journos, its all bollocks.

Anyway, keep 'em shaking please...

Yeah, the same fuckwit who has given us a breathing chance of hope tonight.

Never ceases to amaze me how red tops are used on here. If it fits an agenda its accurate. If not, fuck the journos, its all bollocks.

Anyway, keep 'em shaking please...

This one has direct quotes, indefensible really, just cos you like tupac and this cunt likes rap don't mean you've gotta stand up for him.

<Ishouldprollyputoneofthosewinkysmileyshitsheresoyoudon'tgetoffended>

This one has direct quotes, indefensible really, just cos you like tupac and this cunt likes rap don't mean you've gotta stand up for him.

<Ishouldprollyputoneofthosewinkysmileyshitsheresoyoudon'tgetoffended>

No offence taken Goldilocks.

I am not a fan of Ryan but the reality is we wouldn't be harbouring any hope without his special goal tonight. Just a fact.

When driving to work this morning, the sports news started their news broadcoast with, "Big blow for Liverpool with star player wanting out!" I turned up the radio. They then started talking about Babel. I nearly crashed I was laughing so hard.

Liverpool plans in turmoil or something similar on SKY. I like you turned it up, 10 seconds later I was watching The History Channel.

I hope he doesn't turn into an unflushable turd.

I have never really hated many Liverpool players in my time, but I hate this cunt as much as I hated Paul Stewart.

We should demand every single penny back from him that we have paid him in wages (oh I know there are others but this is about this waste of space) and then charge him another £5 million from him for opening his stupid gob and rapping while a Liverpool player in the 21st Century, and demand a transfer fee to go with it so we can at least get our money back for him.

Fucking cunt.

When driving to work this morning, the sports news started their news broadcoast with, "Big blow for Liverpool with star player wanting out!" I turned up the radio. They then started talking about Babel. I nearly crashed I was laughing so hard.

File alongside criticism from "Liverpool Legend Jamie Redknapp" on Skytext.

I thought he was a decent player, and everyone's entitled to their point of view, but let's not overegg it.

IS THIS CNUT FOR REAL?????

RYAN BABEL`S LIVERPOOL QUIT THREAT

Liverpool winger Ryan Babel plans winter talks with Rafael Benitez - and is vowing to leave unless he plays more games. The Holland international is unhappy with the limited number of matches he has started with the Anfield club since his £11.5million move from Ajax in the summer of 2007. Babel explained: "I have tried to talk to the manager but it isn't of any use. I couldn't really do anything with the feedback Benitez gave me. "We have agreed to look at my situation in the winter. If there's no improvement then, I have to be honest, I want to be somewhere else. "I don't play a lot so I can't be happy and I can't cheer out loud. Sometimes I wonder how long I can sustain it but I will fight for my position - what else can I do?"

Babel scored an impressive long-range goal for Liverpool in their last Champions League match, the 1-1 draw at Lyon. However, on the eve of Tuesday night's must-win match against Debrecen he spoke of his frustration at failing to make more of an impact with the club. He continued in The S*n: "Isn't it unbelievable that in my first year I got chosen as Talent of the Year? And a season later I hardly play and without getting a proper chance." Babel, who represented Holland in Beijing last summer, added: "I don't know if it has anything to do with my little trip to the Olympics. I know the manager wanted me to stay."

However, he does not think Benitez has a grudge against him. Babel explained: "I really don't believe he is trying to get back at me. Every time me or my agent (Willie Haatrecht) have a chat with him he stresses I can't leave and he believes in me. We have to trust he is telling the truth. Saying it is different to showing it." Babel has confidence in his own ability and still believes he can make the right impression in a Liverpool shirt. He added: "I have shown I can do it plenty of times. I know I could be further in my career but if nobody helps you, if they don't make it easier for you, then it is difficult."

Babel went on to hint at divisions in the Liverpool camp, claiming that his fellow forwards only looked out for themselves, and that cliques had developed in the squad. "All the forwards, they always live for their own success. It is hard for someone who isn't selfish by nature to act selfish," he said. "I don't know if my team-mates were shocked by my new character but I do notice once in a while they get confused. "Normally I would pass the ball - now I take the shot myself more often. I see how they look at me with a face that says 'Hey I am free!' "But I'm not going to explain it any further because they don't give me any explanation when I ask for the ball.

"We have a lot of different cultures and on the pitch we are a tight group. But outside the pitch everyone goes their own way. "The Spanish-speaking guys are very close. The youths hang out together. And I get along with Benayoun and Lucas. "Dirk Kuyt? I don't really hang out with him. Dirk got accepted in the group of the Spanish-speaking players. "He is very friendly with them and it looks as if he understands their jokes."

Babel also revealed some of the sacrifices he has made since moving to Anfield. "As a Liverpool player I can't play in my blue Nike boots. They strongly discourage me from doing that. "Blue is Everton's colour and Liverpool and Everton are rivals in everything. "As a small boy you dream about a career as a football player. Your willing to give up everything for it. "Once you reach that goal, only then do you get to know the whole world around it."

Football365 | All The News | Football News | RYAN BABEL'S LIVERPOOL QUIT THREAT

I'm sure the £50k a week helps to take his mind off not belng allowed to wear Blue boots... I really hate this cunt, I have done for a while but every time I see him or hear from him I just hate him even more. I just can't wait for him to go in January. No doubt he'll get plenty of digs in then from over the channel. Cunt of the highest order.