You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If true, flo's out of order

m0e

Florent Sinama-Pongolle believes his displays and work ethic for Liverpool warranted a place in The Reds' starting line-up.

The French striker struggled to claim regular football under Rafa Benitez which culminated in his loan switch to Blackburn until the end of the season.

Pongolle netted twice as a substitute in Liverpool's FA Cup clash against Luton and was stunned to learn he would not start their next fixture against Spurs.

"If I'm not working and not playing it's normal, but when you work hard and deserve to play and you don't - something happens," Pongolle told Sky Sports News.

"It just confuses me a little bit.

"Against Luton I proved a lot by scoring twice, but it didn't matter. I came on for 30 minutes, scored twice and was on the bench for the next game.

"I just think after scoring twice I should have been in the next game."

It was only a few days ago when he said he hoped to make an impression on Rafa. Surely this won't help matters.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pablo-B

Am I the only one who thinks he's average and terrible over-rated by some of our fans?

Pace, and goals against championship teams aside, he's nothing special. And often looks like he's in possesion of a hot potato instead of a football.

Another Houllier flop as far as I'm concerned.

Its true as the interview can be seen on Sky Sports News - he does however go on to praise Rafa and said that he has no problem with him although questioning his team selection i dont think will go down too well.

The worst thing about the interview is its pointed out that he is that last Liverpool striker to score when he bagged a couple against Luton.

Its true as the interview can be seen on Sky Sports News - he does however go on to praise Rafa and said that he has no problem with him although questioning his team selection i dont think will go down too well.

The worst thing about the interview is its pointed out that he is that last Liverpool striker to score when he bagged a couple against Luton.

He is the only Liverpool striker to score for us in 2006.

im happy to see a striker with a bit of confidence. What is so wrong with a guy saying "when im scoring i think i should get picked" Its not like he had a run of bad perfromances and said it.

Agree in full.

I think Pongo was a lttle unlucky & desreved starts more often-at present I'd kill for him to play over Nando & Cisse.

I saw the interview & did grimace thinking "Oh no please stay quiet if you want a future here-and I want you to have a future here!"

But belief in a striker is very important & he is still young.

I hope he proves himself & gets back for next season.

Although in the London Eveniong Standard it said Spurs had £7M turned down?

If that's true than I can see us regretting it in the summer. A straight swap for Defoe would have been the steal of the century either.

He won't figure for France in the World Cup we'll be lucky if he scores three more goals for us before the end of the season. I can see his departure ending with the dreaded 'undisclosed fee'.

I dont think Flo is as good as hes hyped up to be. Hes done well in a small handfull of games but disappointed in too many. Maybe he does just need the experience and a run of games, which is why hes gone to Blackburn.

Cisse has had enough games, and shown to be a poor footballer. Had Spurs offered £7m we should have snapped their hands off.

Had Spurs offered £7m we should have snapped their hands off.

If we let he go for 7mill we would be going into the later rounds of the champ league with Robbie crouch and nando. An injury to one or more of them and we would be knackered. Too late to bring in a replacement so he stay till summer.

Pongolle can fuck off. I don't want to see him in a red shirt again. He actually said in a press conference today with the national press that 'all scousers support Everton'.

Expect the quotes to be in tomorrows papers. With that coming on the back of his little love in with Evra at the final whistle at OT, I'm done with him. Prick.

Pongolle can fuck off. I don't want to see him in a red shirt again. He actually said in a press conference today with the national press that 'all scousers support Everton'.

Expect the quotes to be in tomorrows papers. With that coming on the back of his little love in with Evra at the final whistle at OT, I'm done with him. Prick.

Leave him alone Dave, he is only little. The press can manipulate you know. ;)

You and Tom R. Always standing on the frigging fence.

WTF?

Is he starting an "I was forced out of Liverpool FC"-agenda or what? Which context did he say those unbelievable stupid words in?