You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sell or Keep

No2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Virgil: Keep. He's had a great season, all considered. 

Salah: Truly awful lately but one of our best ever. Sounds like Nunez will be sold so that probably means Mo will stay. He's 32 though so we should certainly consider selling him, depending on the business we do. No ACN next season so he might actually resemble a professional footballer in the second half of the season if he stays and gets some form. 

Trent: I think he'll want to leave himself. Real Madrid. We'd be better getting a fee than waiting a year for nothing. 

It all depends what's on the table and what the player wants. If someone is offering 5m for Mo, well you let him see his contract out. If that's some stupid Saudi offer, it becomes a completely different conversation.

But Trent mightn't want to stay. So flog him if that's the case. Vvd might think Slot is a bellend, so he can't stay as captain. It's just not as easy for me in picking someone to go. 

• Upvote 1

I'd give Salah the next two months off to see if his body responds to rest/treatment. Then test him properly in terms of speed and agility. They're bound to have previous test numbers/tracking to compare with. If he's as done as he looks in terms of pace, let him go.

I'd keep both of Trent and Van Dijk, as they are both world class footballers, even if they both have flaws. Would be having a Moyes/Jagielka/Ferdinand-type sitdown with them and force them to watch Gabriel/Saliba/White defend and attack both boxes though. Had they put in that type of effort throughout the season we would be clear at the top.

47 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Virgil: Keep. He's had a great season, all considered. 

Salah: Truly awful lately but one of our best ever. Sounds like Nunez will be sold so that probably means Mo will stay. He's 32 though so we should certainly consider selling him, depending on the business we do. No ACN next season so he might actually resemble a professional footballer in the second half of the season if he stays and gets some form. 

Trent: I think he'll want to leave himself. Real Madrid. We'd be better getting a fee than waiting a year for nothing. 

Where are you getting that Nunez will be sold?

Just now, Mook said:

Where are you getting that Nunez will be sold?

A hunch after the mini-propaganda campaign yesterday with a couple of journalists coincidentally stating that he had been a Klopp signing rather than a club one.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A hunch after the mini-propaganda campaign yesterday with a couple of journalists coincidentally stating that he had been a Klopp signing rather than a club one.  

Yea, they have paved the way for an easy out with Nunez. Probably for the best - he cant hold up traffic so in a 4231 or any lone striker setup he is useless. 

51 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It all depends what's on the table and what the player wants. If someone is offering 5m for Mo, well you let him see his contract out. If that's some stupid Saudi offer, it becomes a completely different conversation.

But Trent mightn't want to stay. So flog him if that's the case. Vvd might think Slot is a bellend, so he can't stay as captain. It's just not as easy for me in picking someone to go. 

I've never known 2 Dutch people that don't hate each other.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Obviously the player himself might influence this, but selling Trent would be a huge misstep.

He’s one of the most talented players of his generation, and he’s not yet even hit his peak. 

People used to slag Glenn Hoddle off. The criticism of Trent reminds me a bit of that.

We need to find away to best utilise his talents (he is that good), rather than deride him for what’s he’s not. 

If the deal is right for Salah, we should sell. No question. 

Virgil we should keep, for now anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Selling any of them would be a stupid idea. You don't rip apart the entire club in one summer. 

Manager going

Coaching staff going 

Our 3 most experienced players in terms of winning big trophies, going?

Keep all 3 and sell Diaz and Nunez. We need to steady the ship not risk sinking it.

• Upvote 1