You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sell or Keep

No2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I think Salah will be sold, he'll have gone past the point of diminishing returns on one of Edwards charts.

Trent has downed tools so I'd imagine he'll be sold if he doesn't sign a contract. 

Keep VVD. He has played well this year.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Obviously the player himself might influence this, but selling Trent would be a huge misstep.

He’s one of the most talented players of his generation, and he’s not yet even hit his peak. 

People used to slag Glenn Hoddle off. The criticism of Trent reminds me a bit of that.

We need to find away to best utilise his talents (he is that good), rather than deride him for what’s he’s not. 

If the deal is right for Salah, we should sell. No question. 

Virgil we should keep, for now anyway. 

Go back and read up on TAA's development, pretty sure I posted an in depth article by Inglethorpe on this.

The club did identify exactly what he was good at as well as what he was not.

That is why he played at RB.

The part in bold, let's hope so. Based on what the top coaches in the club have felt all along he may well have.

• Upvote 1

New contracts for Trent and Virg.  No new contract for Salah but tell him he's integral and we want him to stay, and if him and Arne hit it off and he gets his form back then he can either sign a new contract during the coming season, or he has absolutely earned the right to leave on a free in summer 2025 and get a big payday anywhere he wants.

Keep trent sell Virg and mo. Time to move on to the next era fed up of seeing players going on a free they would both command a good fee.

I think we will see a few more leave aswell the summer is going to be interesting or soul destroying  not not till we find out.

For me Virgil is the safest bet ro retain. Based on the eye test Mo looks a risk but if the data says otherwise then I'd offer him an extension. 

For the first time my opinion on Trent has moved to not arsed. Two throws in at Fulham that went over his head, the Dacoure run, the missed header and non challenge for the 2 Everton goals are unacceptable. Who the fuck does he think he is? The internet would explode if Elliot or Szoboszlai done that. Walking about on the first 3 and not bothering on the last 2, that's Chelsea behaviour. I think his attitude has reached an irretrievable point, I can't think of any player that thought they had shit that didn't smell that suddenly turned it around. He's acting like Neymar without the flights to Rio. With Bradley ready to step up I'd let him have his 18 in months in Madrid and then buy him back.

The players will decide. They'll either sign new deals or leave on Bosmans. The club won't be able to force them to go anywhere if they don't want to.

So the question isn't sell or keep, it's new contract or leave on a free.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can see Diaz going maybe even Salah if the money’s good enough. 

Slot's system is very winger heavy so unless Diaz want's to go I'd be surprised if they're looking to get rid.

Think we'd be looking to add to the number of players who are good one on one if anything.

If you could convince PSG to overspend and turn that in to two wingers then maybe.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

The players will decide. They'll either sign new deals or leave on Bosmans. The club won't be able to force them to go anywhere if they don't want to.

So the question isn't sell or keep, it's new contract or leave on a free.

That's true but hopefully players like Salah and Trent would try to get us a fee if they want to leave. Salah being a club legend and Trent, a local guy.

If the money is right and will be invested back in the squad I'd sell Salah and Trent. I can see a scenario where Mo gets sold this summer as the Saudis will pay him the big bucks no matter what, they won't scrimp on wages or signing on fee that's for sure. Trent though, I have a feeling he's already decided he's going on a free summer 2025. It's going to be shit watching him stroll about in the last year of his contract, though maybe he'll get his finger out to impress his next club. Honestly think if he was signing a new contract it would have been well done by now.