You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (A) - EL Quarter Final, 2nd leg - Thu 18th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

11 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Traditional 442. Big man/little man up front. Long balls pumped into the box.

0-4 and back home for roast dinners and a pint of Marstons all round. 

Bovril at half time.... Do you think they Italians make good bovril? 

1 hour ago, DaveT said:

I have zero hope of turning this around- they don’t need to play any differently than they did at Anfield. Any kind of win would at least restore a bit of dignity after last week’s shitshow. 

I think us playing differently than we did at Anfield is a bigger issue than what they do.

31 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I think us playing differently than we did at Anfield is a bigger issue than what they do.

Yeah, I mean if you're Atalanta you would approach the game in a similar fashion to Anfield until we prove we can handle it. First thing we need to do is be braver and play quicker through midfield instead of kicking long. Mac Allister looks tired but I don't know how we do that without him playing as the 6.

We just need to go hell for leather and take it to them from the onset. 

Get the first goal and it's game on, get the first goal inside the half hour mark and it's game on mother fuckers.

Ali - Trent Konate Virgil Robbo - Mac Harvey Szobo - Salah Jota Gakpo

Nunez Diaz and Endo for me all need a rest, bring them on for the last 20-25.

I think we’ll score a couple and then concede and score again and go narrowly out. 

Really hope we give it a go, but if we are to go out, it will be hugely deflating regardless of scoreline. 

Has early pressure followed by conceding on their first real counter attack to go 1-0 down on the night written all over it.

That or we start really sluggish, hang on and give ourselves 45 minutes to do everything.

34 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We have to go all guns blazing in this game, if anything, just to maybe get some confidence back. There's no saving ourselves for the league anymore.

You dont always, but you're talking sense here.

Playing well and getting some mojo back here is more important than the result.