You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

52 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Of course but I think people are overlooking our run in. While we should beat both the mamcs and Everton both sides will be motivated and just sit in and look for a draw. That's before you look at Villa and Spurs. Long way to go yet. But if Klopps right and Jones,Jota a d Tre t are back for the start of April it's huge

All the aways are tricky really. I definitely don't think we can breeze through them. Spurs to be honest I think are set up for us in a game at anfield. Son will always be a danger, but I'm not stressing about them or any home game. Like city, we do know how to handle these run ins and even in our worst seasons under klopp, we've managed to handle this part of the season really well. So as tough as those aways are, I just feel we're heading into the "find a way to win" mode now. I think the smallest of edges will be enough to help us and the CL draw today I think has definitely given us an edge. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

If we do our job(s) nothing & nobody will rain on my parade. 

I'll take any trade off for us to win the league in Klopp's last season. I still do kling to the European Cup is our competition though. Not a fan at all of other English clubs winning it.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Would anybody be arsed if City won it again? 

Would be funny seeing the red mancs squirm knowing that the blue mancs are only one European cup behind them.

Otherwise no, nobody would give a shit. 

We have lads coming back at just the right time. It will be huge. All top players. We literally have come through a storm and the lads who stepped in have been incredible and shown they belong at this level.

Fingers crossed a narky draw between them and we beat Brighton at the end of the month with a bit to spare. You would certainly feel that and Sheffield United are games to work the goal difference - I rate Brighton to be fair. 3 points over City with a much better goal difference would be brilliant and two points over Arsenal with the goal difference non-existant would be a great space going into the Mancs.

The Euro draws for each team couldn't have been scripted better imo. Very tough games for Arsenal and City to navigate. We got a nice looking side of the draw.

Btw, I agree about West Ham and Villa staying in Europe. An injury to a key player or two, or the simple fact of resting players for a semi-final could make all the difference. With Villa, they won't rest players unless they have top 4 (or5) boxed off so hopefully they do okay in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, an tha said:

I genuinely believe 90 pts wins this title.

Probably 88 but saying 90 to be sure.

26 (or more) from 10 games then....

I've said 87 all season long but I wavered on that last week but I think its still between 87 and 89. 90 wins it hands down but i don't see any team getting that.

13 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

I've said 87 all season long but I wavered on that last week but I think its still between 87 and 89. 90 wins it hands down but i don't see any team getting that.

88 is interesting because could lose 2 games and get to that...ok would mean need to win other 8 but it is possible.

Drawing 2 and losing 1 of the 10 would actually of course be worse and leave us on 87.

90 deffo wins it hands down.

Very slim chance 90 wins it imo. Arsenal and Abu Dhabi are just way too strong for the rest of the teams in this league. We are usually as well.

Think Man City will draw a game between now and the end of the season, which puts them on 91. So imo 92 is the lowest that can win it, and that needs Arsenal to lose one or draw two. It’s going to be extremely tight.

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Very slim chance 90 wins it imo. Arsenal and Abu Dhabi are just way too strong for the rest of the teams in this league. We are usually as well.

Think Man City will draw a game between now and the end of the season, which puts them on 91. So imo 92 is the lowest that can win it, and that needs Arsenal to lose one or draw two. It’s going to be extremely tight.

94 is the maximum that will win the league. Abu Dhabi and Arsenal play each other. As much as I love us, I don't see us winning 10 out of 10. You could make a case for Abu Dhabi getting 93 I suppose but I can't see them going 10 out of 10 either. If you think Arsenal will even get close to 90pts then I can't help you.

11 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

94 is the maximum that will win the league. Abu Dhabi and Arsenal play each other. As much as I love us, I don't see us winning 10 out of 10. You could make a case for Abu Dhabi getting 93 I suppose but I can't see them going 10 out of 10 either. If you think Arsenal will even get close to 90pts then I can't help you.

No one's getting over 90 points 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I hope tottenham stay in contention for top 4 as the cheats scheduled game on fa semi weekend was them away.

Hopefully it won't now be dead game for tottenham that takes place in final week.

There's also a pretty good chance 5th will be enough. Although of course that could mean they're safe, although I imagine that 5th place won't be confirmed until Europe is finished. 

The one silver lining from losing to those shithouses is that City's schedule, even for such a huge squad is not going to be nice for them. 

We have some amount of top players coming back at the right time. Jota is going to be so important and will be the difference if he stays fit. We would have beaten both set of Mancs if he was playing - he would have had a hat trick today.

Btw, as much as I'm gutted to lose today, if that game is played 100 times, we win 92-93 times imo. We were so wasteful and I don't believe we will be like that again. We let them off the hook at Anfield. Next time, hopefully is redemption with a capital R.

The criticism I've seen of Harvey and others is wrong and unfair. Plenty of others didn't turn up today and not one of our lads should be getting abuse today. We're having a boss season and those lads have been a huge part of it.

• Upvote 6

More likely the next game will be a repeat of today and the last game. 100 chances spooned massive massive gaps at the back for them to do the only thing they are good at and sucker punch us. It's the only way united know how to play a minion style rope a dope its mad how we are happy to gift them their only way through. 

Our players should be looking at Uniteds team sheet today and feel embarrassed that group of shite primadonnas made dickheads of them.

We didn't capitulate. We took our foot off every time we had it on their neck and literally gifted them their goals. We handed it to them, effectively we weren't even trying. 

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Anyone have any idea when the Fulham and West Ham games may be scheduled for. I could see Fulham being the classic 12:30 Saturday job.

Fairly sure BT have had their pound of flesh already and can't put us in that slot anymore.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Fairly sure BT have had their pound of flesh already and can't put us in that slot anymore.

Good news that.

I think Arsenal play Spurs the weekend of the West Ham game so could see that being the 4:30 game with us getting the 2pm game.