You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - Sun 4th Feb 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Dicko said:

What I'm hoping for in this match is for the Liverpool players to score more goals than the Arsenal players.

I think if we can achieve that we have a decent chance of winning the game.

Didn’t work out at that way at Spurs. 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

Expect Arteta to have Arsenal revved up to the max Sunday like his maniac self. Get through the first 15 mins and I'd hope we'd get a grip of them. We didn't have Dom for the cup game and had Harvey in the front 3.

I bare the scars of Mascherano away to United and this seasons Spurs game. Let us (and them) play, we win.

Start dishing the yellows and reds in first 20 mins then forget it 

24 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I bare the scars of Mascherano away to United and this seasons Spurs game. Let us (and them) play, we win.

Start dishing the yellows and reds in first 20 mins then forget it 

Think you may have missed my point. I expect Arteta to have Arsenal fly at us. We get through that I expect our midfield to get a grip of the game as I think our 3 are better than theirs

13 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Think you may have missed my point. I expect Arteta to have Arsenal fly at us. We get through that I expect our midfield to get a grip of the game as I think our 3 are better than theirs

I think when both teams are at their best, we are superior everywhere. But it's hard to always be at your best and we were definitely there on wednesday. We'll need to be approaching our best to win this imo. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think when both teams are at their best, we are superior everywhere. But it's hard to always be at your best and we were definitely there on wednesday. We'll need to be approaching our best to win this imo. 

Agreed. I think we'll definitely be under the cosh beginning of the game but I think the difference to the cup game will be having Mac, Dom and Curtis in midfield. I don't even mean having more possession than them, just stopping them playing through us like they did in the cup. Just hope Nunez makes then bench as could be set up for a decent day for him.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

My reply wasn’t related to yours as such- I agree Arsenal will fly at us, I just hope the game isn’t ruined (eg- Spurs game) by bad refereeing or VAR

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I'm guessing Bradley won't feature tomorrow now, which is a shame, he deserved to keep his place.

Not sure he's ready for an away fixture like this yet after running himself into the ground on Wednesday 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I'm guessing Bradley won't feature tomorrow now, which is a shame, he deserved to keep his place.

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Not sure he's ready for an away fixture like this yet after running himself into the ground on Wednesday 

I think @manwiththestickwas referring to the fact that Bradley's dad has passed away @magicrat. But I do agree with your comments anyway even if he was available.

• Like 1