You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well , I wasn't expecting that .....

elvis

On 01/10/2023 at 19:02, Bruce Spanner said:

Nah, this guys new, maybe not been outside his echo a chamber before and his views are nothing but ghosts of his past.

The point in education is exposure and building empathic understanding based on reasoned arguments.

Three years living with people from all spectrums of life will do him the world of good, you’d hope.

He just needs the ‘Oi, you’re not in Kansas now, Dickhead’ so he starts to see that.

Agree with this to an extent.

Are the other girls on the same page as your daughter? They don't have to be gay themselves to be offended by homophobia.  Maybe they can all tell him to stop being a dickhead or take his views elsewhere if he really must have them.

31 minutes ago, Moo said:

Agree with this to an extent.

Are the other girls on the same page as your daughter? They don't have to be gay themselves to be offended by homophobia.  Maybe they can all tell him to stop being a dickhead or take his views elsewhere if he really must have them.

They're all offended by his views, I'm pretty sure it won't be long before a couple of forward thinking lads will frequent the flat and hopefully put him in his place. 

• Upvote 1

On 01/10/2023 at 17:54, elvis said:

I'm not a violent man by any stretch, but I could happily fill the cunts in . 

I'll probably call the uni and take advice on it . 

They'll say start with an unexpected jab to break the nose of the biggest one, followed instantly by a punch in the throat of the shortest. After that, improvise, but stay on your feet and don't let anyone get behind you.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They'll say start with an unexpected jab to break the nose of the biggest one, followed instantly by a punch in the throat of the shortest. After that, improvise, but stay on your feet and don't let anyone get behind you.

Ha , exceptional!

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's no distracting back fist though 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fucking hell, this forum.

Turns out  AoT is Jack Reacher hiding in plain sight.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

More than likely he's gay too. Just tell her to bring back a couple of guys after a night out at the local Blue Oyster bar and it'll soon become apparent. Hopefully it doesn't end like American Beauty though 

Bit judgemental on AoT that 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Strontium said:

I don't think you really know what's going on here. There's about 15 years of forum context you're missing.

You still haven't answered my question, that setting be a common theme over the last 15 years also

2 hours ago, elvis said:

You still haven't answered my question, that setting be a common theme over the last 15 years also

If you've been paying any attention over the years, you wouldn't need to ask it. Some of us consistently defend gay people against religious bigots. Really you should be questioning the supporters and defenders of religious bigots rather than me.

A good first step would be to prohibit displaying flags of countries which criminalise gay behaviour. Let's suggest that one to Liverpool University.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

All you need to know is that Stronts has spent 15 years trying to make every other thread all about him.  He's best ignored on this thread.

Thanks for that, Mr Sweep His Religion Under The Carpet.

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

If you've been paying any attention over the years, you wouldn't need to ask it. Some of us consistently defend gay people against religious bigots. Really you should be questioning the supporters and defenders of religious bigots rather than me.

A good first step would be to prohibit displaying flags of countries which criminalise gay behaviour. Let's suggest that one to Liverpool University.

Thanks for that, Mr Sweep His Religion Under The Carpet.

I only asked you a simple question, if you had nothing to add to the debate I really don't know why you had to go all around the houses to say you don't  support homophobia. 

• Upvote 1