You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well , I wasn't expecting that .....

elvis

So yesterday I spent the day with my daughter, she's just started out at Liverpool uni and I've separated from my wife . 

I now live a 20 min train ride from her uni , so other than the horrible wrench of leaving the family home of 20 years at least I get 1 day a week that I wouldn't if I still lived on the Iom

Driving back to Liverpool yesterday in the pouring rain , she turned to me and told me she is gay . Not in those exact words, because they're obviously very private to the two of us ( yes I see the irony ) 

So I'm a little bit shocked , but not in a bad way we both shed a tear or two when I stopped the van , but I think we both handled it pretty well. 

What I'm really pissed off and angry about is the fact that in her uni accom, there are 5 girls and 1 other lad . She really likes the girls , but the lad is a Muslim who is airing his homophobic opinions on a regular basis. He also has a mate who comes around to the block who apparently is just as bad if not worse. 

I'm going to try and convince my daughter to get together with her flatmates and confront this little cunt and maybe ask him to leave or whatever. 

I have no experience of uni life, and I don't know what support they would get so I don't really know what to expect if a complaint was put in , or even where to complain. 

As far as I know , she hasn't revealed her secret to anyone in the flat , so I don't think these pricks are targeting her directly, but even so my blood is really starting to boil . 

Any advice would be greatly received.

11 minutes ago, elvis said:

So yesterday I spent the day with my daughter, she's just started out at Liverpool uni and I've separated from my wife . 

I now live a 20 min train ride from her uni , so other than the horrible wrench of leaving the family home of 20 years at least I get 1 day a week that I wouldn't if I still lived on the Iom

Driving back to Liverpool yesterday in the pouring rain , she turned to me and told me she is gay . Not in those exact words, because they're obviously very private to the two of us ( yes I see the irony ) 

So I'm a little bit shocked , but not in a bad way we both shed a tear or two when I stopped the van , but I think we both handled it pretty well. 

What I'm really pissed off and angry about is the fact that in her uni accom, there are 5 girls and 1 other lad . She really likes the girls , but the lad is a Muslim who is airing his homophobic opinions on a regular basis. He also has a mate who comes around to the block who apparently is just as bad if not worse. 

I'm going to try and convince my daughter to get together with her flatmates and confront this little cunt and maybe ask him to leave or whatever. 

I have no experience of uni life, and I don't know what support they would get so I don't really know what to expect if a complaint was put in , or even where to complain. 

As far as I know , she hasn't revealed her secret to anyone in the flat , so I don't think these pricks are targeting her directly, but even so my blood is really starting to boil . 

Any advice would be greatly received.

les-mis-les-miserable.gif

On a serious note, she needs to tell them to fuck off. My birds cousin is at Liverpool uni (she's also a lesbian) and her South African (lad) cousin has just started there and he's not a wallflower so if you need anyone to have a word they wouldn't think twice. Problem is the muslim thing, she's better off just telling them to fuck off and reporting it to the uni as the spanner said. If he gets a slap it will be classed as a racist assault other than a fair dig. Minefield that she shouldn't have to face at this age.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There shouldn't be a lad in the same dorm as the girls,in my view. I would suggest that the girls could get together and speak about things like 'fearing for their safety' based on this lad's behaviour. The visitor should also be mentioned and his visiting privileges should be rescinded.

This is the correct answer.

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

I appreciate the two views above , if it was up to me I'd string the little cunts up but I fear these girls won't want to cause a fuss . I'm just wondering if I should make a call to the uni and ask for advice. 

You missed mine 

18 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Report to the LGBTQ+ university group and have the cunt called out publicly.

Fuck him.

This is also the correct answer.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

les-mis-les-miserable.gif

On a serious note, she needs to tell them to fuck off. My birds cousin is at Liverpool uni (she's also a lesbian) and her South African (lad) cousin has just started there and he's not a wallflower so if you need anyone to have a word they wouldn't think twice. Problem is the muslim thing, she's better off just telling them to fuck off and reporting it to the uni as the spanner said. If he gets a slap it will be classed as a racist assault other than a fair dig. Minefield that she shouldn't have to face at this age.

Fuck. This is also the correct answer.

what’s the question again?

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You missed mine 

Sorry mate , I agree with everything that's been said . I wasn't aware of the same sex dorm thing to be honest. 

When she first told me the only lad in there was a Muslim, I thought that's ok and I assume he was put with a load of girls on this basis. If that makes any sense at all 

Just now, elvis said:

Sorry mate , I agree with everything that's been said . I wasn't aware of the same sex dorm thing to be honest. 

When she first told me the only lad in there was a Muslim, I thought that's ok and I assume he was put with a load of girls on this basis. If that makes any sense at all 

He's living the dream. 

Nah he needs reporting if he's being a cunt. Years ago I'd have suggested him getting digged but it's not fair on any of the girls there. If they all report him he will be moved and job done. 

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Oh and it won't be a "dorm" in the sense they all sleep on beds in the same room. It will be a floor with each their own private room but a shared kitchen. I think. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Oh and it won't be a "dorm" in the sense they all sleep on beds in the same room. It will be a floor with each their own private room but a shared kitchen. I think. 

Yep that's right a row of 7 self contained rooms and a large kitchen/ living area

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Don't be too worried, she's growing up. This little prick will get fucked off soon enough. 

I agree, it just really boils my piss that's she got to put up with this at the same time as coming to terms with her own feelings 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I agree, it just really boils my piss that's she got to put up with this at the same time as coming to terms with her own feelings 

If she has only just told you and has not even come out to her peers going the LGBTQ route through the school is an obvious non starter. I would imagine co-ed living is the norm so the whole safe space thing may be as well.

The only answer is group silent sabotage. Little things, hiding his food in the kitchen - sneaking into his bathroom and filling his toothpaste up with spackle - putting something pink in with his whites at the laundry. Death by a thousand cuts.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, elvis said:

As far as I know , she hasn't revealed her secret to anyone in the flat

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Report to the LGBTQ+ university group and have the cunt called out publicly.

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

emphasise his homophobic comments.

So, in a couple of days go from being able to muster the courage to tell your own father to, becoming the public face of the LGBTQ community at the school.

Not sure this is good advice, or even realistic thinking.