You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

No questioning his ability, but I'd be concerned about whether he can play to the intensity that we require, even though there will be 5 subs allowed per game from next season, and even if he were a squad member and we were managing his minutes.

Sure he used to have most distance covered in Europe while at Ajax. Things have changed since then of course. 

30 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

2017 Christian Eriksen has the highest average distance travelled per match in Premier League this season (11.97km), Gylfi Sigurdsson has run the most distance in total (422.36km)

Who was sigurdsson running from is the key question? 

• Upvote 1

The wording of Joyce on the interest of Tchouameni is interesting. I don't think we'll get him. There will be a race for his services, bidding war, etc... There's big interest from elsewhere. It will at least be very difficult.

The interesting part is he says we want like a powerful midfielder, more physical qualities. Tchouameni is the best player with those qualities, so he's the top target.

I think it's a little counter to what we're doing this season. The number 8's are more attacking than they were. We're more offensive and play higher up the pitch than we did from 2018-2020. The profile Joyce is describing fits more what we did before, assuming Tchouameni or whoever is playing number 8. So it looks from those words like we want to add versatility to our style. Have different qualities, play different ways depending on the opponent. Being able to win every which way against anybody.

43 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Be interesting to see where these lot end up. Looking at the list there isn’t much that improves us.

B6488D85-6772-4D75-96B5-F36036B859EB.jpeg

Dembele and Dybala would be interesting, Eriksen if his health is ok and Onana so we can sing ' Onana, what's your name ?'

Only one I'd be interested in on that list is Boubacar Kamara as a depth/developmental player.

Everyone else either has a better player in front of them (Mazraoui), have already signed for someone else (Kessie) or is destined for elsewhere (Mbappe).

Kamara would be a decent alternative to Tchouameni. He is getting better every year and the way he has been used by Sampaoli this season is very interesting. He has played a midfield role with lots of right back responsibilities mixed in, along with playing as a #6. Has shown a lot of tactical versatility. Would still need to get better to reach our level, but he is good. 

Atletico are favourites to sign him, I think. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The wording of Joyce on the interest of Tchouameni is interesting. I don't think we'll get him. There will be a race for his services, bidding war, etc... There's big interest from elsewhere. It will at least be very difficult.

The interesting part is he says we want like a powerful midfielder, more physical qualities. Tchouameni is the best player with those qualities, so he's the top target.

I think it's a little counter to what we're doing this season. The number 8's are more attacking than they were. We're more offensive and play higher up the pitch than we did from 2018-2020. The profile Joyce is describing fits more what we did before, assuming Tchouameni or whoever is playing number 8. So it looks from those words like we want to add versatility to our style. Have different qualities, play different ways depending on the opponent. Being able to win every which way against anybody.

Or perhaps play a double pivot or just to have a quality replacement for Fabinho