You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

If we are seriously in for Nunez which I don’t think we are then it means Salah is definitely off. As it is that cunt doesn’t even have a blue tick so his exclusive is worthless to me.

Don't see Nunez as the replacement for Salah, if Salah went we'd have to target another right sided winger/forward who's comfortable cutting in.

If Nunez was the Salah replacement it'd would be with a view to changing formation and/or style of play, maybe to a more conventional 4231 to take the responsibility of build up play away from Nunez and to use him as a more conventional No.9, being fed by the 3 behind him, which is where his strength is.

Signing someone like Nkunku would be a bigger indicator of where Salah and the club are.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Don't see Nunez as the replacement for Salah, if Salah went we'd have to target another right sided winger/forward who's comfortable cutting in.

If Nunez was the Salah replacement it'd would be with a view to changing formation and/or style of play, maybe to a more conventional 4231 to take the responsibility of build up play away from Nunez and to use him as a more conventional No.9, being fed by the 3 behind him, which is where his strength is.

Signing someone like Nkunku would be a bigger indicator of where Salah and the club are.

No chance we’re signing a £60m plus forward if Salah is staying. What Nunez would replace is his goals or at least attempt to. We’d still sign a right sided forward. As I said I don’t see us going for Nunez in any event of Salah staying or leaving but I don’t see us signing that profile of forward at all if he stays. I reckon Nunez will go to Arsenal if they get top 4.

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

This is the guy claiming it. Anyone care to translate?

"He recharged with Millie on the train"

"He has contacts in deja tamed to get entry to parties"

"Millie is in Monaco and is interested in lid's evolving in the Premier League" 

Is Milner a scout now? Sounds like he's on the piss to me 

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Laimer looks like a perfect replacement / improvement on Hendo.

Screenshot_20220426-140958.png

Had a look at him the other day having never seen him play. Looks solid, runs and presses a lot and scores the odd long range pearler. Would be a bargain for £23m which is what he's reportedly available for. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Had a look at him the other day having never seen him play. Looks solid, runs and presses a lot and scores the odd long range pearler. Would be a bargain for £23m which is what he's reportedly available for. 

Wonder if Sabitzer's move to Bayern will make the top clubs second guess a signing like Laimer.

Tchouameni is a top player. Every club will be linked with him. Not convinced he's exactly the profile we need, I'd rather more creativity, but no doubts over his quality and maturity/professionalism for his age. He's a grown man.

It's whether he would chose us over others and if the fee isn't ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Tchouameni is a top player. Every club will be linked with him. Not convinced he's exactly the profile we need, I'd rather more creativity, but no doubts over his quality and maturity/professionalism for his age. He's a grown man.

It's whether he would chose us over others and if the fee isn't ridiculous.

Maybe we’re looking to address the lack of control we show every time Thiago isn’t available?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Could do worse than bringing Christian Eriksen in

Free transfer quality footballer offers a similar role to Thiago

No questioning his ability, but I'd be concerned about whether he can play to the intensity that we require, even though there will be 5 subs allowed per game from next season, and even if he were a squad member and we were managing his minutes.