You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

If Origi, Minamino & Firmino or Mane leave, you’d expect us to go back into the market but no idea if we’d be looking to spend the money Saka or Nkunku would cost. 

Origi is definitely going and Minamino is likely to move on. Ox will surely move on in the summer too, so we definitely need at least one more attacker for next season.

Saka would be ideal, but he seems very committed to Arsenal. I'm not sure he would come here as a squad player either.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mook said:

I've spoken to some Aberdeen lads about Ramsey & the consensus is that he's good going forward, not great at defending and absolutely nowhere near Liverpool level atm.

I've not seen him play at all so you can take that or leave it. None of them will know as much about Football as Klopp or our scouts.

Sounds just like Andy Robertson when we signed him.

And for those reasons, I'm in.

For all the talk of Darwin Nunez earlier in the week he doesn't look like a Liverpool striker at the moment.

His build up play is nowhere near good enough compared to Jota, Firmino and Mane (when compared to forwards).

https://fbref.com/en/players/4d77b365/Darwin-Nunez

https://fbref.com/en/players/178ae8f8/Diogo-Jota

https://fbref.com/en/players/4c370d81/Roberto-Firmino

https://fbref.com/en/players/c691bfe2/Sadio-Mane

• Upvote 1

Even with Origi and Taki going I don't think we will bring another attacker in. We still have 5 for 3 spots and 2 of them never want to be off the pitch. Unless,Mane,Salah or Bobby go they'll go with what they have. 

I don't think Taki will be going anywhere unless we get a proper offer for him. Never complains, works his arse off when he plays, is probably on low wages relative to his ability.

Obviously nowhere near good enough to get picked ahead of the other five attackers but useful for cup matches, some CL group games, emergency PL backup, that kind of thing.

Origi's definitely going, Carvalho might be turned into a midfielder, Kaide Gordon is still very young, Ox should probably leave to go and actually play some football somewhere, so Taki leaving on top of those only makes sense if we're getting a good deal for him.

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

some twitter crap on Joe Gomez to Fulham.

I really hope thats untrue. The chap is still only 24, hopefully his injuries are behind him now. 

He probably wants to play regularly.

I think he could do better than Fulham. Villa were linked with him recently.

23 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

He can't even get in the squad anymore.

He's never going to play regularly here, he needs to move on for the sake of his own career.

He will be turning 31 by the time his contract runs out - by then will have been playing for 14 years in this league.

His career is basically over. He does get one more payday. Moving as a free with a signing bonus it is a no brainer for him to cash the LFC check until then. Be the same timing as Gini without the actual playing part. Nice work if you can get it.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It seems like Milinkovic-Savic might be available this summer. Not sure if he's someone we'd target, though. Seems more like an opportunity rather than a specific someone in our desired age range and that fits our football perfectly.

His time to move to a bigger cub was about 2/3 seasons ago. 

14 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

We don’t need a right sided winger. If we did, it shouldn’t be somebody with the same output as Denis from Watford. Anyway, it’s another one in the ‘not happening’ folder. 

With Salah nearing 30 I reckon it’d be wise to bring someone in soon. I’ve already mentioned Saka’s versatility which would be an added bonus. His output is actually very good for his age. Better than Mane’s and Salah’s at the same age in inferior competitions.

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Gomez won't be here next year. He is obviously 4th choice now and doesn't get a look in. He's far better than Fulham though

I wonder if Klopp could’ve done better to manage Gomez this season by giving him a run in easier games alongside Van Dijk, or by resting the dutchman every now and again. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

With Salah nearing 30 I reckon it’d be wise to bring someone in soon. I’ve already mentioned Saka’s versatility which would be an added bonus. His output is actually very good for his age. Better than Mane’s and Salah’s at the same age in inferior competitions.

Klopps argument for not may be that Diaz and Mane can also play there and making another big money signing would block the path to the likes of Kaide Gordon.

If one of the 5 left it'd probably change that.

If we sign Salah to a new contract he will be expected to play at the very top level for at least 3 of the 4 years. Anything else would be a disappointment. If he leaves we will get a replacement. Won't be in for a player who would primarily serve as his backup. We need a partner in crime for Thiago.