You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

On 28/04/2022 at 17:01, 3 Stacks said:

In terms that both could be number 8's, yes, but it's not the same profile at all. Wijnaldum used to recycle the ball, offer an outlet with his press resistance and then he had the athleticism. We used his technique in sort of a muted way. 

Tchouameni is a different player. He's a destroyer with a hint of the ability to be a threat box to box. Not saying it wouldn't work, but it's not the same. It would be another evolution, or rather, it would give us another weapon to make us basically be able to do anything tactically. But what the idea is in terms of where to put him and with who in midfield, it's not clear. But again, this possibly does not even matter, as we'll rotate like crazy if we keep being in all these competitions late into every season.

The new five subs rule is huge as well, with regards to rotation and players getting minutes. 

I hope to fuck that they back Kloppo to get everything he wants this summer. 

The right sided forward is a funny one as we basically only have Salah to fill that role next season. Ox did well filling in scoring a couple of goals but he’ll play somewhere else. I can’t remember the last time Sadio had a good game there. We’ve experimented with Jota starting there but I don’t remember him having a good game from the right.  The problem (it’s a good problem to have) is Salah is a machine, so to bring a back-up who almost exclusively plays there, for example Jarrod Bowen who has been a revelation this season, makes little sense. That’s why IMO someone versatile like Saka would be a great idea as he could easily fill in at LW, CM and LB.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

The right sided forward is a funny one as we basically only have Salah to fill that role next season. Ox did well filling in scoring a couple of goals but he’ll play somewhere else. I can’t remember the last time Sadio had a good game there. We’ve experimented with Jota starting there but I don’t remember him having a good game from the right.  The problem (it’s a good problem to have) is Salah is a machine, so to bring a back-up who almost exclusively plays there, for example Jarrod Bowen who has been a revelation this season, makes little sense. That’s why IMO someone versatile like Saka would be a great idea as he could easily fill in at LW, CM and LB.

Mane can play there and so can Jota in one off games. For a sustained period, they'll learn the role and probably become boss at it.

We haven't seen Diaz there either.

Minamino can play there. Plus Oxlade, as you said. Elliott in certain games, too.

17 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Moussa Diaby has got to be creeping into 'if you cost cost 35-45 million are fast and score/create goals Liverpool will probably sign you' territory.

16 goals 12 assists so far this season.

He looks quality.  We were linked to him a lot recently.

Whilst I'd like Saka that's no happening.

Origi is off, Sell Minamino and Firmino (1 year left on a huge wage) get Diaby or whoever.

Leaves us with plenty of options for all the forward positions and a youngster in Carvalho.

With I presume Adrian buggering off as well it frees up 4 non homegrown slots.

30 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

If we're getting an attacker from the Bundesliga it should be Florian Wirtz, who looks fucking amazing. (And will almost certainly go to Bayern)

Going to be out for a while with a torn ACL, he's not moving until 2023 at the earliest.

Feel that it is only the midfield we have any weakness in now.

That has to be the focus area for me over next two transfer windows....the first choices are sound - is the back up/alternatives i feel we need to improve.

The age profile is a bit worrying too Hendo will be 32 by start of next season and Thiago will be 32 by end of it.

For me the midfield is deffo where we can improve and really kick on even further/improve our options.

22 hours ago, aRdja said:

C7565F20-3301-402B-8625-7E7088AFFE47.gif

• Upvote 3

Saw an interview with Ben Foster saying this is the first time in all of his career that he has got to May with nothing on the table contract-wise for the season after. Could be a clever swoop to help our homegrown issues, get rid of Adrian  and let us make a decision on whether to loan or keep Kev here next season.

Although I’ve no idea if we are or aren’t interested in Mount, I don’t know how I’d feel if we were. 

He’s quite good but I never get the impression he’s anymore than fast, neat & tidy. I’m not sure he’d fit into our side either.

39435DD6-2D75-40BE-A343-C6C3FA881B19.png

6 minutes ago, J-V said:

Mount's quality and would be a superb signing though it won't happen.

I’d be surprised but we actually have an alright relationship with Chelsea on the transfer front. 

Personally, I don’t think he’s better than we’ve currently got upfront. For me, he’d have to be converted into a central midfielder. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d be surprised but we actually have an alright relationship with Chelsea on the transfer front. 

Personally, I don’t think he’s better than we’ve currently got upfront. For me, he’d have to be converted into a central midfielder. 

That's where I'd see him play not upfront for us. Similair to what we do with Naby.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Saw an interview with Ben Foster saying this is the first time in all of his career that he has got to May with nothing on the table contract-wise for the season after. Could be a clever swoop to help our homegrown issues, get rid of Adrian  and let us make a decision on whether to loan or keep Kev here next season.

I’d replace Adrian with Foster in a heartbeat. Always comes across well and has spoken well of us in the past.

• Upvote 1