You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That final still bugs me. I know we now have won bigger things since but i just can't shift the feeling. 

Gave that trophy away and part of me wants that correcting. 

I was completely gutted.

Things like the Man Utd, Dortmund & Villarreal wins and Sturridge’s quality goal in the final are all somewhat forgotten about or don’t get the recognition they deserve, because we didn’t win the trophy. 

Also see beating Man Utd and Everton in the FA Cup in 2012. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That final still bugs me. I know we now have won bigger things since but i just can't shift the feeling. 

Gave that trophy away and part of me wants that correcting. 

Exactly. The loss is compounded by the effective loss of one of the greatest European Final goals of all time by Sturridge, which deserves to be remembered for the stunning finish that it was.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If that was an English crowd, we’d never hear the end of it.

Like Diaz getting pelted with plastic flag poles in Lisbon last week.

We're still considered to be the sick man of Europe, despite the evidence to the contrary. There are many cunts who attend football matches here, but some of the scenes like this in Europe are beyond belief.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

We're still considered to be the sick man of Europe, despite the evidence to the contrary. There are many cunts who attend football matches here, but some of the scenes like this in Europe are beyond belief.

Being in Lisbon last week, no hint of trouble all day, get to the ground and treated like we’d all just escaped Arkham Asylum.