You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

29 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Real Madrid aren't far away from being really good again. Vinicius is blossoming.

Atletico are terrible.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Real Madrid are very good now. Vinicius improving ten fold and having a better manager are the only differences really. The rest of the team is similar. Alaba probably offers something slightly more progressive on the ball at centre back. 

Felix needs to leave Atletico. This team doesn't have a role for him. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Real Madrid are very good now. Vinicius improving ten fold and having a better manager are the only differences really. The rest of the team is similar. Alaba probably offers something slightly more progressive on the ball at centre back. 

Felix needs to leave Atletico. This team doesn't have a role for him. 

Plus, they will make a huge signing. Probably Mbappe. Midfield is still great. Militao and Alaba is a good partnership.

Atletico simply hoard attacking players. I don't get how they can afford all these players. They have a huge squad.

Vinicius is the only pace in the Real team.  Its still a squad where most key players are the wrong side of 30.  Standard of La Liga these days is terrible. Spanish, French & German leagues have already been decided before Xmas. Financial disparity between teams has killed any competition.  The new La Liga FFP measures are so stacking in Madrid's favour they can't but not win the league.  It'll take years before the likes of Barca & Valencia can become competitive again. IMO Atletico have become tired and worn down by Simeone's tactics.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Plus, they will make a huge signing. Probably Mbappe. Midfield is still great. Militao and Alaba is a good partnership.

Atletico simply hoard attacking players. I don't get how they can afford all these players. They have a huge squad.

Yeah, they're signing Mbappe. They've still got some turds like Hazard and Bale to fuck off who will clear loads off the wage bill too. 

At Atletico I've long wondered who is making all the decisions regarding transfers. As you say, their squad is enormous. For all Simeone's power at the club I think he had no say whatsoever about some of them. He gave up on the Felix project about a month after it started, and this was two years ago. 

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, they're signing Mbappe. They've still got some turds like Hazard and Bale to fuck off who will clear loads off the wage bill too. 

At Atletico I've long wondered who is making all the decisions regarding transfers. As you say, their squad is enormous. For all Simeone's power at the club I think he had no say whatsoever about some of them. He gave up on the Felix project about a month after it started, and this was two years ago. 

Was it not some guy called Berta? Director of Football or head scout or something. They're one of the more bizarelly run clubs, imo. Not sure where they get their money.

Modric has been untouchable in this game.

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Just catching up on Match of the Day from last night. Young scouse lad scored for Leeds. How hasn't Biesla learnt any English yet the lazy bastard 

I’ll bet he speaks English just fine, but thinks the media are wankers and wants to keep them at arms length.