You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I feel sure we'd want more than that. At first I thought he might want a better place to play, but when does that new Belgium/Dutch league start? 

As has been posted - there is no way Genk can pay his wages - any fee ( and 12mil would be their record transfer it seems, by near double) will need to take that into consideration I imagine. Their highest paid player makes about a third of what the Big Div cashes now.

I don't think it is true.

19 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just reading that Barca have to come up with 200 million euro to register the new players they've already signed this summer, and it's got me thinking ...

Why not replace Gini with another Dutch midfielder? Frenkie hasn't impressed everyone there since he came (although this season he was better) and he's the perfect age to fill the hole Gini's departure has left in the squad. Come on, FSG, cough up a little money - you know it makes sense! He might cost 60m now but he'll be worth 120m after a couple of seasons dominating the midfield for Jurgen!

We will wait until Catalan have their sale.

52 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I feel sure we'd want more than that. At first I thought he might want a better place to play, but when does that new Belgium/Dutch league start? 

Not sure it will happen. The Belgians seem to want it but I can't see Dutch fans wanting it at all. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

As has been posted - there is no way Genk can pay his wages - any fee ( and 12mil would be their record transfer it seems, by near double) will need to take that into consideration I imagine. Their highest paid player makes about a third of what the Big Div cashes now.

I don't think it is true.

I thought maybe they were in a different financial position as a result of the league but vvvvvvvvvvv would seem not 

30 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Not sure it will happen. The Belgians seem to want it but I can't see Dutch fans wanting it at all. 

I had thought it was already a done deal! So Genk are not going to be rich overnight then! 

On 07/07/2021 at 10:49, SlugTrail said:

Wasn't this one of the things the super league wanted to address, it would be nice to have a salary cap but its never going to happen.

Clubs will just find other ways to 'add-on' through bonuses, investments, houses, sunbeds etc 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Clubs will just find other ways to 'add-on' through bonuses, investments, houses, sunbeds etc 

Exactly this

City already do it and it was pretty much ignored

Teams like City and PSG will just set them up with jobs as ambassadors for the UAE and pay them under the table

Add on image rights etc

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Exactly this

Teams like City and PSG will just set them up with jobs as ambassadors for the UAE and pay them under the table

Add on image rights etc

That's some next level financial subterfuge from the Qataris.

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Exactly this

Add on image rights etc

Yeah we've paid Jennifer Lawrence to nosh you off 

7 hours ago, A Red said:

Mbappe is signing for us. I've never been wrong with a transfer prediction on here, make of that as you will.

Hmmm. Ambiguous. Does ‘us’ mean Liverpool FC or the company you work for. I seek clarification before I hold you to your promise on pain of death.

On 07/07/2021 at 18:06, Scott_M said:

Origi would be out of his mind to leave.

What kind of idiot would leave a job that pays really well, surrounded by likable colleagues, and that doesn't expect you to do anything?

• Upvote 1