You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

23 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Our place has gone off the scale it's worse than Christmas and that's saying something ( we deliver drugs  to pharmacies ) it's got so bad that you can't fit everything on the Van's and were having to draft in extra vans its purely down to panic nothing else .

Was delivering on Longmoor lane liverpool yesterday as I passed the front of the shop I noticed a decent sized crowd outside so I went round the back to drop the goods off on enquiring why they wouldn't let them in the staff said a women diagnosed with the virus was trying to get in even though she had been warned to stay away and self isolate at home they thought me knocking on the door was this stupid woman trying to sneak in the back door just unbelievable. 

They should have called the police to deal with her. Cue armed patrols turning up....

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Good luck pal. It’s a small price to pay.

Windows open, fresh air and sunlight streaming in. That’ll do until 2022 or so.

Just park the international bachelor life for a few months. Eat healthy, watch and listen to positive stuff.... You'll be great mate I'm sure of it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Stickman said:

No excuse. It can be backdated to the beginning of March for an initial three months and is likely to be extended if it takes longer to deal with it.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just been to Sevvy Park. 

Ended up walking around the outside paths as the inner paths were chocka and there wasn't much social distancing going on. A noticeable increase in people wearing masks or scarves/bandanas over their faces. 

A couple of lads got stabbed near there last night. Might be some sort of Wanderers/Ducky Boys beef. Any Italian looking dudes or Baldies in leather jackets bouncing round? 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, stuff like this and the New York Mag, Coronavirus fan-fiction piece are just gratuitous. Don't think people need in-depth details of how they're gonna croak if they get this.

I didn’t like the way the New York mag piece was written but I think articles quoting medical personnel highlighting how bad this disease is are incredibly important. 

If some people read that and are scared into taking this seriously and keep their arses indoors then it’s done its job. 

Of course, some people won’t want to read articles like that and get stressed out in which case just click off the link after you read the headline. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It’s just the same as hay fever doh, innit.

There are still dickheads about saying its no worse than the flu etc. I've purposely stayed off Facebook apart from a few messages to friends / family. People are just thick as fuck. Its one thing laughing in the face of danger. Its a whole different level of bellendry refusing to acknowledge the blatant danger in-front of you. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Its one thing laughing in the face of danger. Its a whole different level of bellendry refusing to acknowledge the blatant danger in-front of you. 

That’s it. You need to at least understand the rules before you can break them effectively, in life in general. Otherwise you’re just marauding about like a fucking fool and existing via pure dumb luck.

11 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I didn’t like the way the New York mag was written but I think articles by medical personnel highlighting how bad this disease is are incredibly important. 

If some people read that and are scared into taking this seriously and keep their arsed indoors then it’s done its job. 

Of course, some people won’t want to read articles like that and get stressed out in which case just click off the link after you read the headline. 

Kind of agree, but the people who aren't taking this seriously don't read or pay attention. Nothing will change these people's minds, bar them experiencing the virus themselves.

Since the virus has become more established in the west, there's articles everyday now about how the ICU's in every country are full of young people "between the ages of 20 and 50" basically some massive age range to skew the percentages higher. And then the amount of "leaked" Whatsapp convos and emails between Doctors in a bunch of countries and the fan-fic pieces like the New York Mag ones. All that does is increase panic. It's not helpful to collective psyche. 

The people who aren't cunts will have been taking this seriously from the jump, and others who can read the tea leaves will also have followed. The rest are beyond reason and will act like cunts. It's not some article detailing the bloody froth expelled from the lungs of patients that will change their minds. 

On 02/03/2020 at 12:54, RobbieOR said:

I see the Italians have recorded another 700+ deaths in the past 24 hours. 

Can someone explain how the Italians seem to be dropping like flies to this thing? 

Really bloody worrying numbers coming out of their though, and I'm not usually a worrier. 

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I see the Italians have recorded another 700+ deaths in the past 24 hours. 

Can someone explain how the Italians seem to be dropping like flies to this thing? 

Really bloody worrying numbers coming out of their though, and I'm not usually a worrier. 

I think they have a generally more aged population.