You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The only depressing thing about that intelligencer piece is that some cunt thought it would be a good idea to write a piece of virus slash fiction designed to spread panic amongst an already panicked population.

Plus someone mistakenly promoted from window-licker to editor chose to run it.

Seen a post on Facebook last night by the local constabulary after they were called to a local park in which a load of underage drinkers had gathered to "celebrate" school finishing. The comments section was frightening. You had people rightly disapproving of the careless behaviour but then got dog abuse off the full time mummies saying their little angles should be aloud to enjoy themselves and we all did that in our day etc. Then all the kids jumping in telling everyone to mind their own business and they are just relaxing and have fun.

I fucking hate this horrible little island and the mindset of most of the people on it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Who's they?

No offence mate, but do you not see how spreading information in this manner is part of the problem?

How is it? The same wankers who are rushing and ransacking the shelves are also the ones rushing to the pub for a Corona Party. Everyone needs to realise that this is very serious and we need to self-isolate.

The barbers is still full of people sitting 70cm apart. There are groups of kids hanging around the street corners together. Flip Out an Freedome are still open. People are fucking mad & need to wake up!

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Hmm here  on the isle of man , anyone arriving by boat or plane since Tuesday have been told they must go straight home and self isolate for two weeks. 

Coppers have just arrested a bloke ' of no fixed abode' for said offence.

According to their Facebook media page

Virus won't hit there. It'll take one look at the local DNA and say "fuck that".

38 minutes ago, Anubis said:

How will that work. I don’t think people in a socially deprived area, buying from their local market, will give a shit about Trip Asvisor.

The Trip Advisor bit was sarcasm but given 11.5k people worldwide have died already & this is the 2nd pandemic linked to bats China & bats (although SARS was never 100% proven) somebody in a significantly more important job than me needs to come up with a solution. 

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Cheers All

Had the Flu over the New Year and that was worse

Only 2 days in but, fingers crossed, it doesn't start running wild on my sorry arse

I'm of a firm belief that avoiding beans in all circumstances is saving me from death. Beaners will suffer terribly like the dogs they are

Corona or no Corona, that’s a negging. 

Get well soon, mate. 

3 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Seriously dude, it’s time to drop the faux fucking xenophobia, Ty his shit is going to happen more and more, food sources are scarce in developing worlds, we don’t all live to the same standards. Globalisation which has benefitted the west and those of us who have taken the opportunity to travel this little fucking rock, which is now kicking back.

take your anger out on the politicians and business types who are going to stand by and watch ordinary people utterly fucking perish after the austerity they chose to inflict.

I think you've misunderstood what I said as It's not the chinese people I am angry at but the fucking politicians in that country who chose to cover up the scale of the problem and silence medical professionals who tried to warn everyone

It's the same old story when it comes to communist states just like Chernobyl and the world health organisation also have a lot to answer for as they took the Chinese governments word that everything was ok rather than doing their own investigation.

However rather than asking these questions the media seem obsessed with people calling it the Chinese virus. Which is what it is as it originated there just like the Spanish flu in Spain or Ebola in the Congo. Even when there are more important things the PC brigade still bang the same boring racist drum.

As for our own fuckwits running our country I said it the other day that 10 years of cuts are now coming back to royally fuck the entire country. 

• Upvote 2

Just heard some twat DJ on the radio saying that all these WhatsApp groups with humorous memes about the virus really show that in the UK we can all come together in a crisis. Erm this has only reaffirmed how fucking horrible and selfish cunts are. I honestly feel grateful that the vast majority of people I am friends/family with are decent human beings. Some of the videos of people screaming at staff and how selfish people’s genuine demeanour is everywhere honestly makes me think their might be a god who has just about had enough of humans lacking humanity. 

1 hour ago, Saintslfc13 said:

My father is 79 (yes I was born when he was 50) but spry as fuck and absolutely pissed they shut his work down where he bartends. I've explained to him that it's for his own interest, it took the full order for him to stay inside, and he's absolutely loathing every second of it. He only just quit the biffs 2 years ago. He's been a lifelong boozer, although no liver issues as far as we know. The main issue is his mother is 100. She's currently hospitaliized unrelated to COVID-19 but just that shes in there wants him to go see her, yet he can't, for both of their sakes.

I have a relation who is in his mid-70's and fit as a flea  and while sticking to the self-isolation order it doesn't mean he has to like it I suppose. He made me laugh the other day when he said ' You know what really pisses me off is stood looking out the window at fat cunts waddling past with their diabetes and toilet rolls '.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

How is it? The same wankers who are rushing and ransacking the shelves are also the ones rushing to the pub for a Corona Party. Everyone needs to realise that this is very serious and we need to self-isolate.

The barbers is still full of people sitting 70cm apart. There are groups of kids hanging around the street corners together. Flip Out an Freedome are still open. People are fucking mad & need to wake up!

The problem is nobody will heed advice when the information put out by experts is lost in a deluge of second hand unsubstantiated musings dressed up as facts.

My mate heard from them in a meeting conveys no information of worth, and only adds to why some are excessively panicked, and others dismissive of it all.

Who was the meeting held by? Who suggested these measures? These are all relevant, more so than the tabloid headline of mass graves and the like.

• Upvote 1

We bought some extra dried & tinned food on top of our last shop but nowhere near enough to sustain us for more than two weeks. I was feeling a little bit guilty for contributing to the ‘panic’ buying but looking at the queues for the supermarkets and the fact that everything’s gone by 9am it seems like what I bought was sensible.

We’re fortunate enough to have a Tesco slot for tomorrow but I’ve got no idea what’s going to turn up if there’s nothing in the stores to choose from. Hopefully these ridiculous queues calm down a bit because as things stand we have no meat and not much fresh fruit & veg. There’s no chance of me going to queue up like that first thing in the morning. None whatsoever. 

@Babb'sBurst:Nad I’ve got rice, naan, and poppadoms but fuck all meat to make a curry with. Meet me at some services and we can sort each other out. If there’s time we can swap food as well. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We bought some extra dried & tinned food on top of our last shop but nowhere near enough to sustain us for more than two weeks. I was feeling a little bit guilty for contributing to the ‘panic’ buying but looking at the queues for the supermarkets and the fact that everything’s gone by 9am it seems like what I bought was sensible.

We’re fortunate enough to have a Tesco slot for tomorrow but I’ve got no idea what’s going to turn up if there’s nothing in the stores to choose from. Hopefully these ridiculous queues calm down a bit because as things stand we have no meat and not much fresh fruit & veg. There’s no chance of me going to queue up like that first thing in the morning. None whatsoever. 

@Babb'sBurst:Nad I’ve got rice, naan, and poppadoms but fuck all meat to make a curry with. Meet me at some services and we can sort each other out. If there’s time we can swap food as well. 

Sounds good. I don't drive, so let me know when you hit Bournemouth.