You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Too much for him tonight, he’s going to be a wonderful player but he’s not quite ready for this level just yet

Early days. But he wasn't helped by a forward line who couldn't hold onto anything until Diaz came on. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Too much for him tonight, he’s going to be a wonderful player but he’s not quite ready for this level just yet

I think he is ready. The game tonight was a bit odd, as they set up to crowd the midfield, and we more or less bypassed the midfield for long spells to try to put our front three in against their three defenders. It meant Elliott and Thiago were hardly involved. Never think I’ve seen a game with so few touches from Thiago.

Agree the Elliott struggled a bit, but the above is the main reason I reckon. Also the length of his absence will mean he’s not at his best yet. But ready he is imo, brilliant player with vision, composure and passing as his main strengths. Unreal how mature he is.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I think he is ready. The game tonight was a bit odd, as they set up to crowd the midfield, and we more or less bypassed the midfield for long spells to try to put our front three in against their three defenders. It meant Elliott and Thiago were hardly involved. Never think I’ve seen a game with so few touches from Thiago.

Agree the Elliott struggled a bit, but the above is the main reason I reckon. Also the length of his absence will mean he’s not at his best yet. But ready he is imo, brilliant player with vision, composure and passing as his main strengths. Unreal how mature he is.

Agree he’s going to be a wonderful player. Very special talent

2 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Wasn’t the best game to play him IMO. Midfield battle became a scrap, and Hendo or Naby would’ve been more suited to it, and so it proved in the second half.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

Wasn’t the best game to play him IMO. Midfield battle became a scrap, and Hendo or Naby would’ve been more suited to it, and so it proved in the second half.

Perfect game to play him I reckon, some good experience for the lad and no matter how bad he played or any damage that might have been caused we could be confident that we'd win the tie. 

• 2 weeks later...

He's going to need a bit more protection from the refs if he's to play in this type of game. As physical as this and the Inter game was, he's not really getting the opportunity to show of his skills. The same goes for Salah btw, there's no way they're able to play their natural games if the defenders (and midfielders) are allowed the kind of physical freedom that the ref at San Siro and Atwell just did.

I don’t understand the shit he’s getting for picking up a flare. Everyone is so hypocritical when it comes to stuff like this. Newspapers/ websites use images of flares or players celebrating / hugging with fans all the time to show passion, and simultaneously condemn them for irresponsible behaviour. They are not robots, and he is fucking 18.

• Upvote 1