You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I'm just sick of noble failure and moral victories. That might be good enough for some fans, but not me.

Good does that mean you are done with this forum? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Felt bad for Fabinho overall there.  Played really well just to have a tackle deflect unfortunately and then have that free kick happen when he didn't do much wrong.

Thought he was really good. Has the good sense to take opposition players out of it miles from goals when necessary. Can’t legislate for Messi, though. 

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

This.... no idea how we come back, this season has been the biggest hoof in the bollocks of all

When you give your all, perform to your peak but it's still not enough it's incredibly difficult to take.

Just now, Baltar said:

It's not impossible that we could turn it around. Unlikely but we have the tools to do it. 

We need the crowd behind us, which they will be and we need to just fucking go for it, which we will. The game could be over inside 20 mins, but we can score goals at home.

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m sorry but barring divine intervention we’re out, we have to go all out kamikaze to try and get back into it, not a chance in hell they don’t score on the counter with the quality they have, were out, the end.

Really hoping this isn’t Klopp’s leaked team talk. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

This.... no idea how we come back, this season has been the biggest hoof in the bollocks of all

2014/15 was a massive hoof in the bollocks.

This season has been amazing.  There is very, very little I would change.

When are we gonna get some forward depth.

Having absolutely zero attacking cover bit us on the arse in the final last year and has done it again this year in semi.

In the final last year when Salah had to go off we bring on fucking Lallana And here we nigh on a year later with Gini Wijnaldum playing up top away to Barcelona, because we still haven't jibbed the absolute shite that masquerades as forward cover - talk about not helping ourselves!

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I'm just sick of noble failure and moral victories. That might be good enough for some fans, but not me.

Must. Resist. Obvious. Political. Jab. Must. Resist. Obvious. Political. Jab. Must. Resist. Obvious. Political. Jab...

• Upvote 1

We can definitely rattle these if we score early at home, but we'll probably need to score 5 to go through. It's a good point about how they can out their feet up at the weekend while we have a massive game to negotiate with pretty much the same players who played tonight. I think we'll make a decent stab at it next week but it won't be enough. Like 2-1, 3-1 to us.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

When you give your all, perform to your peak but it's still not enough it's incredibly difficult to take.

I do worry about this you know. 

How many of our "marquee" players will think. "if you can't beat them, join them" 

Let's be brutally honest, Steven Gerrard was close to doing it, and he was one of us. 

Really hard to fathom we're more then likely going to win nothing this season. 

It's a bitter pill to swallow 

• Upvote 1