You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't disagree.

I just think if we needed 83 points to win the league we'd get 82.

I feel the same. If Leicester do somehow take points from City, we'll drop points against Newcastle or Wolves.

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I didn't think Messi was as good tonight as everyone is making out. I'm probably wrong. 

He wasn't - but he came alive at crucial moments.

He was one who followed Suarez's effort and of course he produced that free kick.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

He wasn't - but he came alive at crucial moments.

He was one who followed Suarez's effort and of course he produced that free kick.

Both those goals were lucky. The free kick was deflected off Gomez shoulder.

I don't care what any cunt says, i'm fucking proud of our boys tonight. We went to the Nou Camp, without 2 of our starting XI and outplayed the cheating cunts for most of that game.

The best team lost.

Messi will be 32 next month, and once he  goes Barca will be a shadow of the team they currently are.  Average age is already 30 so fuck em.

In the summer we are crying out for top quality cover for our front lads, and another right back is a must imo. And get me someone who can take a free kick like Messi.

Just unlucky tonight fellas, gutted  but ever so proud.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The player I was most disappointed with tonight was Mo.

Apart from the shot that he had saved he was pretty ineffective and very lacklustre.

Was dreadful first half. Improved slightly in the 2nd half, but wasn't that much better overall.

Compare him to Mane, who ran himself into the ground for the team and never stopped trying until the final whistle. He must be a fucking nightmare to play against.

Mo was shite this evening couldn’t string a 5 yard pass together.

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Messi will be 32 next month, and once he  goes Barca will be a shadow of the team they currently are.  Average age is already 30 so fuck em.

I genuinely wouldn’t shed a tear if someone did a career-ender on him in the second leg.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, niallers said:

Hard not to argue with this. I know we're angry and don't want to be knee jerk, but it's bang on for me.

However, we had plenty of chances that fell to guys who can all finish. We should've scored at least 2. That tempers the argument a tad

That's the thing though, isn't it?

First choicers not putting 2,3 very very decent chances away has not really got anything to do with scoring cover on the bench.

Put two of those chances away and you can have Alfredo di Stefano stay on the bench.

• Upvote 2

My overriding view is just how much that game sums up where we are the year.

we were the better side for the vast majority of the game, but clearly missed Firmino and the choice of Gomez didn’t work.

they turned it on 5 or 6 times in 90 minutes and that was enough to beat us.

this is the best team we’ve had in decades and it appears most likely we’re gonna finish up with no silverware because in the league there’s a team just enough better than us (with a second XI that probably finishes 3rd in the league) and an injury to a key player or two can be the difference in this and tonight.

it feels unfair, and maybe it is, but it’s just so damned disappointing as this team deserve success for what they’ve done this year and now they’re almost certainly not going to get any.

ballsacks.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The player I was most disappointed with tonight was Mo.

Apart from the shot that he had saved he was pretty ineffective and very lacklustre.

Was dreadful first half. Improved slightly in the 2nd half, but wasn't that much better overall.

Compare him to Mane, who ran himself into the ground for the team and never stopped trying until the final whistle. He must be a fucking nightmare to play against.

Mane has been better than Salah overall this season I think.

Salah is a strange player, he’s normally both world class and shockingly poor within the same game. His world class moments, and all his goals, of course makes him an excellent player and he’s bringing a lot to the team. 

Gutted that we will more than likely ended up with nothing again this year after playing so well. It's going to be harder to take than losing the league 5 years ago. 

Call me negative but since 2014 I've always had the feeling of inevitability that we will fall short even  when we've been playing as well as we have been. I rarely get ahead of myself when we are playing well as I always feel in the back of my mind we will trip up at the last hurdle or have a lacklustre performance when it matters. 

This year obviously we've got a lot better and we are miles away from where we were 5 years ago. I just want finally fucking win something.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Mane has been better than Salah overall this season I think.

Salah is a strange player, he’s normally both world class and shockingly poor within the same game. His world class moments, and all his goals, of course makes him an excellent player and he’s bringing a lot to the team. 

Mo and TAA have really clicked over the last few games. To replace TAA with Gomez (assuming TAA fit) was a decision that severely handicapped our right flank options. if it was a defensive tactic, it failed, as Barca scored three.

Mo missed TAA tonight, big time.

Seen loads of people moaning about Suarez. He was always going to celebrate if he scored and all the stuff he comes out with about loving Liverpool is just hot air. He tried to force his way out of the club a few times and acted like a twat a lot of the time he was here. Were shit while he was here so he had no reason to be loyal to us. Don't know why people are surprised or angry about him.