You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions league omens!

niallers

Oh I’m so sad, I thought we could get to the final without playing anyone good and choose the 2nd leg at home as it’s more convenient. I was so surprised to see lots of other good teams in the draw. No, it’s give up now, I reckon, let’s all slit our wrists and hum the champions league theme tune sadly to ourselves.

GET A FUCKING GRIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can fuck right off with your sanity. No place for that here.

Juventus...Chelsea...Milan

No right to get past any of those back in 05 on paper.   The gap between Chelsea and us back then was prob even bigger than City and us now.   Pretty sure Chelsea even dismantled us 4-1 that season in the league.

I like the first leg at home tbh, scoring an away goal in the second leg can seem all the more vital.   As long as we avoid defeat at Anfield.   I'd bite your off for a 0-0 to take to theirs.

Fuck city, and fuck our fans throwing the towel in. Our performances and results against City have been excellent in the past 10 Years, with the exception of the 5-0 and we all know what happened there. We beat them home last 2 seasons and were the better team at their place and only for Lallana missing a complete sitter would of won their for a second time in a row. Obviously the 4-1 remains one of our best performances under Klopp.

I was disappointed when we drew them, not because I fear them but because it doesn’t have the allure or mystique of a real, Bayern. Or Barca. We can fucking do this and the roof is going to come off at Anfield on the 4th, and like this city team has and many city teams before it they will collectively shit themselves.

I don’t think Klopp is moaning about the game being moved from Sunday to Saturday, I think he’s unhappy with the 12.30 kick off after playing a massive match on the Wednesday. He basically said it should be played later in the day.

Furry muff...but still it could have not been moved and for me that is worse!

Fuck city, and fuck our fans throwing the towel in. Our performances and results against City have been excellent in the past 10 Years, with the exception of the 5-0 and we all know what happened there. We beat them home last 2 seasons and were the better team at their place and only for Lallana missing a complete sitter would of won their for a second time in a row. Obviously the 4-1 remains one of our best performances under Klopp.

I was disappointed when we drew them, not because I fear them but because it doesn’t have the allure or mystique of a real, Bayern. Or Barca. We can fucking do this and the roof is going to come off at Anfield on the 4th, and like this city team has and many city teams before it they will collectively shit themselves.

I think a lot of people feel same...it isn't that City are great (although they are) it is just it isn't a proper big classic European tie.

The derby is a tv match , it was never going to be 3pm for obvious reasons.

Think the rearranged set up is much better than the original Sunday slot , even if it stops Jurgen having a lie-in.

We can also analyse the result of the first leg before deciding on the derby day line-up.

In between the two games we play a team brainwashed into "win at any costs" (maiming, cheating, anything) as it is a local derby and their motivation is huge with an intense atmosphere and a crowd baying for blood.

City have a stroll in the park against a bum team.  They will just play out a 0-0 and their defence won't even break sweat.

Unless they decide to swig all the champagne at full time, the effects of Saturday won't be even.

All 3 big cup quarters draws this season (our two domestic and the cl) have seen the top 4 in the betting avoid each other completely - odds on that happening?

Three Spanish team avoid eachother, two English teams drawn together (last out?).

Some doing.

Oh I’m so sad, I thought we could get to the final without playing anyone good and choose the 2nd leg at home as it’s more convenient. I was so surprised to see lots of other good teams in the draw. No, it’s give up now, I reckon, let’s all slit our wrists and hum the champions league theme tune sadly to ourselves.

GET A FUCKING GRIP

Can I have a wank in all that? If so, I'm good.

Annoying to have drawn City, but hey ho...

They won't be looking forward to playing us either.

A visit to the equivalent thread on Blue Moon confirms many of their fans fear the worst.

The level of clichéd vitriol is hilarious.

Bin-dipping, hub-cap nicking media luvvies with a Klanfield atmosphere that intimidates refs into giving undeserved free kicks and penalties that Sterling must be protected from, are some of the more rational missives.

I must confess when I read, “I hope Delph plays”, I wept with laughter.

I hope he does too.

Echo the sentiments above. I feared we would get drawn against the only English team left in it. We seemed to play Chelsea every year between 2005 and 2009. Then Arsenal and Man Utd in the Europa. We've even played Leeds and Spurs in the UEFA Cup years ago.

We owe them big time for that 5 nil game. The cunts. Pisses me off the way we can't play Barca or Bayern. The game won't have any glamour and can't see them being enjoyable.

Echo the sentiments above. I feared we would get drawn against the only English team left in it. We seemed to play Chelsea every year between 2005 and 2009. Then Arsenal and Man Utd in the Europa. We've even played Leeds and Spurs in the UEFA Cup years ago.

We owe them big time for that 5 nil game. The cunts. Pisses me off the way we can't play Barca or Bayern. The game won't have any glamour and can't see them being enjoyable.

Bayern, Barca waiting after the warm up. Just sit back, enjoy the ride

• Upvote 1