You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions league omens!

niallers

Shit Tie.

Zero European pedigree. No glamour at all. Let's just smash them 8-0 on aggregate and get onto a proper european game

Yeah, then watch Stephen Hunt claim the Premier League is shite nowadays and barely bottom of the Championship level...

• Upvote 1

UEFA have got the scheduling wrong, the teams playing on Tuesday in week one should play on Tuesday week two, and the Wednesday ties likewise. It's unfair that four teams get 8 days between the CL ties and the other four get 6 days, and it makes life more difficult for the scheduling of domestic league games in between.

I'm not sure what the PL could do differently given TV will want to show both ours and City's matches, and neither team would want to be playing the Sunday. I do have sympathy with what Klopp's frustration though, and his point about Sky scheduling the derby for the Sunday in the first place, almost dismissing the idea we might progress to CL quarters, was bang on.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

Opportunity to open up a 10 point gap over Chelsea before their next game, which is Tottenham. Get the points, play a weakened team at Everton and take a draw.

City are beatable -- but I'll be gobsmacked if we avoid at least 1 goalkeeping howler at some point before this tournament ends. These games are where we'll miss Coutinho / his replacement. Need Ox/Can/Henderson to be all-energy and physicality in midfield, even if not as technically proficient as Citys.

If you were guaranteed going through to the European cup semi finals but it meant losing to the blueshite and giving them their first derby win in years would you take it?

In a heartbeat.

Who really cares about Everton, anyway? They're going to win one eventually anyway, might as well give them a meaningless celebration against Solanke, Woodburn, and Klavan while we're on our way to a CL semifinal.

• Upvote 2

Guest Alex_K

Unless we're 5-0 up after the first leg again (even if we're 5-0 up) its madness if Mane & Salah play that game. They are what keeps decent opposition at arms length. City wont hoof it like United did.

In a heartbeat.

Who really cares about Everton, anyway? They're going to win one eventually anyway, might as well give them a meaningless celebration against Solanke, Woodburn, and Klavan while we're on our way to a CL semifinal.

All day long. It would actually be embarrassing for them to celebrate a win against us with a load of reserves. But Everton fans won't care and the dvd will be out a week later.

• Upvote 1

Klopp's got this wrong IMO.

A game that counts towards but won't be decisive in terms of being in the cl next year is much less important than a quarter final 2nd leg actually in it...so surely the extra rest we will get now before that 2nd leg is a good thing.

Sunday and Tuesday was stupid and for me borderline giving us no chance....ok a lot depends on first leg and the derby game is big but for me - weds, sat, tues....is a lot better for the 3 than weds, sun, tues.

Simply based on play, play again after 2 days without playing, play again after 2 days without playing....rather than play, play again 3 days without playing and then after 1 day without playing

Everton are fucking shit, fuck them, we'll beat them with our 2nd string.

They've been semi decent at home this year, and they'll be up for this game more than any other, this is their cup final.

As long as they don't kick the shite out of our players then I'm not arsed.

Fuck top 4, I want to qualify for next year the champions way.

Klopp's got this wrong IMO.

A game that counts towards but won't be decisive in terms of being in the cl next year is much less important than a quarter final 2nd leg actually in it...so surely the extra rest we will get now before that 2nd leg is a good thing.

Sunday and Tuesday was stupid and for me borderline giving us no chance....ok a lot depends on first leg and the derby game is big but for me - weds, sat, tues....is a lot better for the 3 than weds, sun, tues.

Simply based on play, play again after 2 days without playing, play again after 2 days without playing....rather than play, play again 3 days without playing and then after 1 day without playing

I don’t think Klopp is moaning about the game being moved from Sunday to Saturday, I think he’s unhappy with the 12.30 kick off after playing a massive match on the Wednesday. He basically said it should be played later in the day.

In a heartbeat.

Is what I was thinking. Fuck them. I’d hate to jeopardise our chances because of them cunts. Or give them the satisfaction of seeing any of our players get injured

Oh I’m so sad, I thought we could get to the final without playing anyone good and choose the 2nd leg at home as it’s more convenient. I was so surprised to see lots of other good teams in the draw. No, it’s give up now, I reckon, let’s all slit our wrists and hum the champions league theme tune sadly to ourselves.

GET A FUCKING GRIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3