You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions league omens!

niallers

Our games are on the Wednesday 4th and TUESDAY 10th! TWO FUCKING DAYS after the derby while city play on the Saturday! It's a fucking disgrace if the fa don't force our Sunday game to Saturday. They won't though.

They won't change anything for us.

If these lot rock up at Anfield thinking the atmosphere will be anything like a normal league game, they are going to be in for one serious, serious shock.

This is what I'm thinking, I've seen the state of the emptyhad, City will well and truly shit themselves when they walk onto the pitch.

Hopefully we take advantage of that and get a comfortable lead going into the second leg.

If these lot rock up at Anfield thinking the atmosphere will be anything like a normal league game, they are going to be in for one serious, serious shock.

I think they got a dose of it in the recent league match, both the people I know who are regulars at Anfield said the atmosphere was rocking.

Christ, the thought of big European nights at Anfield...as a certain someone put it about the win over Villareal:

We’ve had so many memorable European nights at Anfield that this will barely warrant a mention in any future conversation. For many other clubs it would be one of the greatest nights in their history. We’ve been spoiled really. 

Bring 'em on!

We ultimately we would rather have this 'problem' than be on the outside looking in.

The fixture scheduling is fucking terrible though with derby on sun and 2nd leg tues and I dare say the tv paymasters won't help us...so we'll have to deal with it...better to be in it, just wish we jad drawn one of the european sides and in all honesty any of them at that.

To be fair though, the fact that City have to play United helps us somewhat. If we'd drawn one of the other big sides, they'd probably have stuck out a weakened side in between the legs against some gash who their second string could beat 6-0. No matter who we drew, we'd be playing all 3 games at full strength - at least City have to do that as well.

To be fair though, the fact that City have to play United helps us somewhat. If we'd drawn one of the other big sides, they'd probably have stuck out a weakened side in between the legs against some gash who their second string could beat 6-0. No matter who we drew, we'd be playing all 3 games at full strength - at least City have to do that as well.

They could play their kids against Man Utd and they are still winning title anyway...1 derby defeat v cl progress is a no brainer...

It’s the last team I wanted. Not the same European glamour about it. I fear no team, and even if we had drawn a Barcelona or Real Madrid, I think we would have won. They would have come and played us, expecting to win because they would have thought they were better, and that would have played into our hands. Any team that wants to have a go, bring it on.

That said, while I don’t fear Man City I’d make them 60/40 favourites. They have top quality all over the park and over two games they should be favourites. Mind you, we are far from no-hopers and we handed them their only league defeat this season. The 4-3 score line made it seem closer than it was, as we were careless towards the end. They can point to the 5-0 but that was an anomaly as Mane was sent off, and until that point we were well in the game. The 5-0 was also pre Van Dijk, and while the defence isn’t purring quite yet, it is much better with big Virgil. Karius also seems to have found his groove too.

Second leg at their place? Interesting. Any win at Anfield and I think we go through, as we will score at the Etihad and match them there.

5-4 to the red men over the two legs, something like that. Come on!

We can knock City out; they are not the force they were before Xmas.

We are the underdogs with a terrific Anfield atmosphere and an attack that will score against them in both legs.

I honestly don’t think they will handle the pressure of being favourites.

• Upvote 1

I’d booked that Sunday off work ffs

Good decision though

What’s klopp unhappy about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably playing Everton on the Sunday then having to play City in the 2nd leg on the Tuesday maybe.

Edit sorry just seen its switched to the Saturday.

I’d booked that Sunday off work ffs

Good decision though

What’s klopp unhappy about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wants a 3pm Sat kick off.

At a press conference, the 50-year-old told reporters: "I'm already angry as the Everton game has been moved to 12.30pm on Saturday. Now it's Wednesday night and Everton on Saturday morning.

"Whoever made the schedule and had us playing on the Sunday thought Liverpool weren't going through. Then oops, Liverpool are through. City play at half five on the Saturday - those five hours are a big difference. Put the Everton game on a normal time - not at breakfast."

• Upvote 1