You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Wavertree safe for a single female student?

J_89

My mates ex bird sacked him off to move in with a guy 25 years older than her who lived 3 doors away from my mate, 2 months after this she started shagging my mate behind her new fellas back. As her and my mate had a kid together he was desperate to get back together with her. She got pregnant about 3 months later but said it was the older guy's kid so he was devastated. Later she changed her mind and toild him it was his but kept getting the other guy to wind him up as much as possible.

My mate was stupid enough to believe that she still wanted to get back with him and she kept shagging him behind the other guys back, texting and sending picture messages every 5 minutes. She moved into her dads with his kid when she was heavily pregnant but set up a situation by texting my mate asking him to come round when she knew he was bladdered and then wound the other guy up so much he wanted to batter my mate. When my mate came round to her house the other guy tried to batter him and my mate ended up stabbing him 18 times, luckily the guy lived but my mate got 13 years.

At the trial she lied under oath about everything she did and said that she only kept shagging my mate because she was "terrified" of him and "wanted to keep the peace"

Maddest thing my bird done?

Hmmm. It's difficult. There was this one time she started sleeping with some other lad. He came round to the house one night and stabbed me 18 times. That was pretty shitty like.

It's an up an coming area! in all seriousness the Smithdown area is changing a bit as we now have places like Belzan offering;

Barbequed whole cornish squid, gordal olive puree, lemon, thyme for £13

then a few doors down there's bazooka chicken or some shit doing a meal for £2

If you bazooka a chicken, you can't expect to charge more than £2 for the meal.

Couple of things:

1) In regards to the negative feedback beeing aimed at the OP due to the use of a smilie; I'm not on board with this. If, as stated, it is a female, then smilies are totally acceptable. Also, I have taken to the regular use of smilies myself recently, and I am not even a lady. The smilie in question is the laughing one. I hammer it. Much better than "haha" or "hahaha" or even "hahahaha". One laughing grid for each "ha".

2) I notice that the OP has gone gold immediately when signing up. Fair play. She's a student and chucking subs about like Trump at an NRA AGM. Kudos.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Couple of things:

1) In regards to the negative feedback beeing aimed at the OP due to the use of a smilie; I'm not on board with this. If, as stated, it is a female, then smilies are totally acceptable. Also, I have taken to the regular use of smilies myself recently, and I am not even a lady. The smilie in question is the laughing one. I hammer it. Much better than "haha" or "hahaha" or even "hahahaha". One laughing grid for each "ha".

2) I notice that the OP has gone gold immediately when signing up. Fair play. She's a student and chucking subs about like Trump at an NRA AGM. Kudos.

You get a free trial sub when you sign up.

Couple of things:

Negged for smilie sympathising.

• Upvote 3

It's an up an coming area! in all seriousness the Smithdown area is changing a bit as we now have places like Belzan offering;

Barbequed whole cornish squid, gordal olive puree, lemon, thyme for £13

then a few doors down there's bazooka chicken or some shit doing a meal for £2

I remember rocking up in Bagot Street, which for the benefit of the OP is about a 10-minute walk down Wellington Road from where she is planning to go, way back in August 2001. With Asda and Aldi newly-opened across the road, it was clearly a place on the up and the Woodcock (if memory serves me correct with the name) pub at the corner with its landlord who fancied himself as an IRA man that was going to be out of step with the place before too long. Though barbequed whole cornish squid, gordal olive puree, lemon, thyme for £13? I didn't anticipate that. I guess the Rathbone Road side of the High Street is proving a little more, ahem, resistant to such gentrification, but I travel along there frequently on the way to the in-laws in Childwall (where they get out of the bath to take a piss) and have never felt it's a threatening kind of place. Wavertree has its charms, as evidenced by this lovely piece by Ronnie Hughes as he wondered around the Mystery and skirts very close to Stevenson Street.

Wouldn’t be seen dead in the place.

Full off urchins and scoundrels. Not a decent tailor in sight nor eateries unless of course you fancy the numerous Irish peasant dishes fried in god knows what.

The foul stench in the air prevents the rolling down of the car windows but at least prevents the inevitable snatching of valuables or persons from inside the vehicle.

Good staff are non existent and you are left to choose between the malnourished local population or the plethora of immigrant tribes of either Eastern or Sub Sahara stock.

Is that what you wanted to hear you stuck up fucker? This is a modern European City not fucking Mogadishu. Are you some precious flower that may wither in the presence people not fortunate enough to be studying for a doctorate. There is good and bad everywhere get used to it.

• Upvote 3