You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Wavertree safe for a single female student?

J_89

I'm due to rent a property on Stevenson St in Wavertree but just read that there were TWO shootings on that street last year  :o and one 3 years ago.

I mean, that seems like a lot... especially considering this is the UK and not Brooklyn.

I know Liverpool has its rough parts, but I always heard that Wavertree is alright. I've now heard from many that it isn't.

I'm not planning to be going out in Wavertree - there is a convenience shop at the end of the street and that's it. The rest of the time I'll be getting the bus into town.

The neighbours are really noisy tho which is annoying for studying.

However, because it's my final year and I didn't do so well last year, I really need to focus on my studying this year and not work and this is the only place that I've found that is cheap enough to live in not to. I'm a mature student (25) so I don't wanna be in a house with 10 18 year-olds and this place only has one other tenant.

Will it really be that bad?

(It's only for a year or maximum 2 if I do a Masters)

• Downvote 2

I'm due to rent a property on Stevenson St in Wavertree but just read that there were TWO shootings on that street last year  :o and one 3 years ago.

I mean, that seems like a lot... especially considering this is the UK and not Brooklyn.

I know Liverpool has its rough parts, but I always heard that Wavertree is alright. I've now heard from many that it isn't.

I'm not planning to be going out in Wavertree - there is a convenience shop at the end of the street and that's it. The rest of the time I'll be getting the bus into town.

The neighbours are really noisy tho which is annoying for studying.

However, because it's my final year and I didn't do so well last year, I really need to focus on my studying this year and not work and this is the only place that I've found that is cheap enough to live in not to. I'm a mature student (25) so I don't wanna be in a house with 10 18 year-olds and this place only has one other tenant.

Will it really be that bad?

(It's only for a year or maximum 2 if I do a Masters)

article-0-09E98EFD000005DC-243_233x392.j

• Upvote 2

In all seriousness , it's by no means the worst area ( Terraced houses go for about £100k which isn't bad in Liverpool ) & it's good for public transport.

I wouldn't worry too much about the shooting side of things , as alluded to earlier these are invariably gang-related and targeted. 

If you can I would scout the area a bit at different times as the biggest issues can be the neighbours and any anti-social elements near the shop etc.

Best of luck whatever you decide

Never disappoints. I could quite happily watch that on loop for a few hours.

"You're live on Channel 5"

"Alrite"

Even that bits funny.

I remember exactly where I was, when he uttered that iconic insult. "You big stiff idiot", Shakespeare would be so proud.

Too many posts I've wrote, too many have been stamped-on. Since I became a member of The Liverpool Say in 2008 I contributed in many amazing ways. I wrote you tips and ricks from my sources, of whom one is a agent friend of mine in Dutch league. I post movies and comment on false posts, to concretize the Truth behind the lies. Most of all - I try to discuss Football!

That's why I came on her!

I came on her to talk about everything about football, everything Liverpool.

I DID NOT come on her to be fucked at, laughed at or mocked at.

Everytime I post a post in a post thread the post gets "negged" by many. Respectfully, to you... That should not be The Liverpool Say! Agreelly, The Liverpool say is, and always is, to let everybody come on her and express their opinion all over.

So I have to quit her. I is ofcourse not happy, not glad, not joyful. I'm just sad. But that is what I do, and its a proud decission.

Goodbye
YNVA!

• Upvote 2

of course you would -- you pathetic cunt -- but i wont let you get off that easy - i am going to persecute you - you twat - you will never forget the day you crossed me

I WILL HUNT THE CUNTS DOWN -- I WILL NEVER TIRE OF THE CHASE,,,,,,,,

Whereas if we lose, the majority of fans who bravely went out on a limb (!) and predicted we'd finish sixth will be happy?

You remain a sneering tit, lacking in any great footballing insight that I've been able to discern on here, to remotely justify your hubris.

Oh, I suppose you think I shouldn't be concerned about the love of my life having to spend time among violent criminals just because she wants to properly learn how to use computers?

Maybe if you ever found it in yourself to love and be loved by another human being, you soulless husk of a man, then you wouldn't be such a nasty little gobshite.

• Upvote 2