You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

I remember really looking forward to the Euro's or the World Cup, but the last few tournaments have finished me off, international football is shit. I'll probably tune at the start expecting something decent but after 2 or 3 games I'll just turn out to be like all the other turgid shite international tournaments. You just don't see many good international games these days.

I remember really looking forward to the Euro's or the World Cup, but the last few tournaments have finished me off, international football is shit. I'll probably tune at the start expecting something decent but after 2 or 3 games I'll just turn out to be like all the other turgid shite international tournaments. You just don't see many good international games these days.

International tournaments are like shallow blockbuster movies. Seasons are like TV shows with twists, turns and superior character development. 

• Upvote 3

Eh I'll be watching some of this and the Copa America Centenario but mainly because it's summer and the only real sport alternative is baseball. It also gives us a chance to see players we're linked with/have signed in competitive action provided they're in one of the squads.

I do hate the impact it seems to always have on the club season though.

Im more pissed that Firmino is going to the Olympics. It doesn't finish till the end of August. Dont players habe to be given 2 weeks off after a tournament too?

So will probably miss the first month of the season at least

Surprisingly large odds for Belgium.

Poland will be getting a fiver of my money at 50/1 that I most likely won't get back. Still very wide odds for a solid side with Lewandowski.

Remember the great Milan Baros coup by Reds in 2004? I had cash on him at 50/1 to be top scorer, others even got him at 66/1. Good times.

£10 at 50/1 I had. Paid for my season ticket. The bookies didn't have any cash left behind the counter when I went to pick up my winnings. They had to take my number and call me when they could pay me.

I remember when I first strutted in with my winning slip and the girl just looked at me.

Her - Baros I presume?

Me - Yep.

Her - *shouting into back room* Gary, we've got another one!

Gary - *barely audible from back room * Fucking hell!!

• Upvote 5

£10 at 50/1 I had. Paid for my season ticket. The bookies didn't have any cash left behind the counter when I went to pick up my winnings. They had to take my number and call me when they could pay me.

I remember when I first strutted in with my winning slip and the girl just looked at me.

Her - Baros I presume?

Me - Yep.

Her - *shouting into back room* Gary, we've got another one!

Gary - *barely audible from back room * Fucking hell!!

Great stuff. Think I had €10 at 50/1 too. Just looking at his wikipedia - although he wasn't hugely prolific for us, his ratio with the national team had been much better - he was averaging over 1 in 2 before the tournament began.

I also had money on the Czechs to win outright. They really should have with that team.

The Euros have always been a better watch than the World Cup, Euro 2008 being a particular favourite. There's too many teams in it now so expect it to slide drastically in terms of quality thanks to the geniuses at UEFA.

The group stages of the last world cup were fucking boss

Welbeck out for 9 months.

Opens the door for one of Carroll, Defoe and Rashford I reckon.

I'm not sure

He will take 3 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers

IMO this is the front 12

Henderson

Milner

Lallana

Dier

Alli

Barkley

Sterling

Wilshere

Sturridge

Kane

Vardy

Rooney

He could take 7 defenders and have Dier has 4th choice CB and take a gamble on someone like Defoe or Carroll

The squad

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders

Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Ryan Bertrand, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Gary Cahill

Midfielders

Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Danny Drinkwater, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Adam Lallana, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere, Andros Townsend

Forwards

Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Daniel Sturridge

Fucking Toensebd,Jack 'started one game all year' Wilshire and no cap Rashford.

Fuck me

3 CBs so you can take Rooney,peg leg Jack,Townsend and Rashford. Well done the owl. One injury or suspension snd you are fucked

• Upvote 1