You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marko Grujic

Ne Moe Imya

I wish the lad every bit of luck in the world. Ok its only a few short videos what I seen. But the boy impresses me a real playmaker with balls, he can tackle head the ball and boss the midfield. Got big hopes for this young lad feel he will become the real deal.

I wish the lad every bit of luck in the world. Ok its only a few short videos what I seen. But the boy impresses me a real playmaker with balls, he can tackle head the ball and boss the midfield. Got big hopes for this young lad feel he will become the real deal.

In Serbia. Wait till he puts on that red, chain mail shirt that has been the ruin of many a young lad.

Just can't get excited about signing a centre mid, this division is too shit to be massively influenced by them.

From the clips he's yet another player looking for a through ball to someone else, or he just wants to blam them over the bar from 40 yards. We've got plenty of players like that already.

I've seen the lad play in person. I don't travel to Serbia very much anymore, but when i do i make it my mission to pull off the hustle and bustle of the Vojvode Stepe and make my way through the side roads and the tiny market stalls to the quaint oval of the Rajko Mitic and sit in the stands to watch my first love, Red Star.

Grujic is known in Serbia as the Squirrel of the Danube. The Squirrel is a highly revered animal in Serbia and the medieval Dukljan dynasty consider them equal to humans because they kept away Marmots during the great acorn famine of the 15th century. That's why all the paintings of the Dukljan dynasty feature a squirrel in the background, wearing the same garment as the emperor, in miniature.

Grujic has been compared in Serbia to John Leslie in terms of his rags to riches story and also his compassion and love for the ladies. He has a long standing rivalry with a player from Cukaricki called Andrija Pavlovic who is known by Red Star fans sneeringly as the Marmot of the Sava. Cukaricki is sometimes referred to as Kakariko in a backhanded reference to Kakariko Village from the legend of Zelda franchise.

Grujic is considered by almost all Serbians, except Cukaricki fans, to be greatest talent the country has produced since Milan Jovanovic. He's spoke about falling in love with this country after seeing Roy Walker on Catchphrase and dreamed from that very moment of one day playing for a club in the English second division on loan from Liverpool.

• Upvote 29

I've seen the lad play in person. I don't travel to Serbia very much anymore, but when i do i make it my mission to pull off the hustle and bustle of the Vojvode Stepe and make my way through the side roads and the tiny market stalls to the quaint oval of the Rajko Mitic and sit in the stands to watch my first love, Red Star.

Grujic is known in Serbia as the Squirrel of the Danube. The Squirrel is a highly revered animal in Serbia and the medieval Dukljan dynasty consider them equal to humans because they kept away Marmots during the great acorn famine of the 15th century. That's why all the paintings of the Dukljan dynasty feature a squirrel in the background, wearing the same garment as the emperor, in miniature.

Grujic has been compared in Serbia to John Leslie in terms of his rags to riches story and also his compassion and love for the ladies. He has a long standing rivalry with a player from Cukaricki called Andrija Pavlovic who is known by Red Star fans sneeringly as the Marmot of the Sava. Cukaricki is sometimes referred to as Kakariko in a backhanded reference to Kakariko Village from the legend of Zelda franchise.

Grujic is considered by almost all Serbians, except Cukaricki fans, to be greatest talent the country has produced since Milan Jovanovic. He's spoke about falling in love with this country after seeing Roy Walker on Catchphrase and dreamed from that very moment of one day playing for a club in the English second division on loan from Liverpool.

Brilliant mate,fuckin brilliant.

I've seen the lad play in person. I don't travel to Serbia very much anymore, but when i do i make it my mission to pull off the hustle and bustle of the Vojvode Stepe and make my way through the side roads and the tiny market stalls to the quaint oval of the Rajko Mitic and sit in the stands to watch my first love, Red Star.

Grujic is known in Serbia as the Squirrel of the Danube. The Squirrel is a highly revered animal in Serbia and the medieval Dukljan dynasty consider them equal to humans because they kept away Marmots during the great acorn famine of the 15th century. That's why all the paintings of the Dukljan dynasty feature a squirrel in the background, wearing the same garment as the emperor, in miniature.

Grujic has been compared in Serbia to John Leslie in terms of his rags to riches story and also his compassion and love for the ladies. He has a long standing rivalry with a player from Cukaricki called Andrija Pavlovic who is known by Red Star fans sneeringly as the Marmot of the Sava. Cukaricki is sometimes referred to as Kakariko in a backhanded reference to Kakariko Village from the legend of Zelda franchise.

I'd much rather us go for Pavlovic if I'm honest. Easily the more naturally talented player. Bet he will play at the Camp Nou in the next couple of years.

Red Star Belgrade teenager Marko Grujic has finally signed for Liverpool after weeks of transfer speculation.

The Merseyside outfit confirmed Grujic's agreement on Twitter and that he'll return to Red Star on loan for the rest of the campaign: Grujic is a major coup for coach Jurgen Klopp, who has captured one of Europe's most lauded young talents. The Liverpool boss admitted he was delighted have drafted the youngster in on the club's official website: We’re very pleased because Marko is a big talent and we’ve seen him a lot of times. When I came here, our scouts showed me some footage of a very skilled player from Red Star Belgrade. We watched it, we spoke to him, we met each other—he’s a good boy, a young boy but plays an important role at the moment at Red Star, who are the best team in Serbia.

To describe him, I would say he’s a tall boy, but quick and good at technical things. He can play passes and can dribble. But he is young, so he has to develop. He will do this, so everything is okay. The central midfielder starred as his country shocked Brazil to win the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand in June.

Hannah Peters/Getty Images

The 19-year-old has scored a credible five goals and provided six assists in 21 domestic SuperLiga appearances for Crvena, according to Transfermarkt.co.uk, and he will certainly add threat to Klopp's dynamic midfield. The Red Star youth product will further develop at Anfield, but not too much should be expected of him at the moment as he'll need time to settle in the Premier League.

His transfer is a clever piece of business by Klopp, who has grabbed the teenager before his reputation inflates his fee and brings him to the attention of rival clubs

“I was thinking about my progress in my next period and decided it was good for me to come here and try to be the best I can," Grujic told the club's website.

“I want to play in front of one of the loudest set of fans in Europe at Anfield. "

Houston, we've got a problem. Unless we draw Dortmund in Europe next season then he's got a chance.