You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marko Grujic

Ne Moe Imya

He'll live and die by his transfers same as any other manager, let him make them. I've got confidence he won't let players be forced on him he doesn't want. By all accounts him and his assistant have been the driving force behind this transfer contacting the player direct.

Lewandowski, Kagawa, Gundogan, Subotic, Piszczek etc... Were all signed from smaller clubs for little to no money by Klopp.

Was thinking the same myself leave Klopp alone he knows what he is doing

Buying young or next big thing talents shouldn't really be a problem with our levels of spending. Arsenal did it for years and now they can shop for bigger players. Their scouting has constantly been very good though where ours has been pathetic for six or seven years.

arsenal can spend big because they've got 60,000 bums on seats plus the corporates every other week.

Id wager their scouting has been on par with ours, wasnt chamack supposed to be the next big thing? How much did they pay for him? What about the other duds who've been moved on?

Chamakh isn't the best example. They signed him on a free transfer.

Klopp has got a track record of signing players like this and making them into stars, in one of the interviews when he signed he said he wants to sign the right player and the right player isn't always the most expensive one.

The committee has muddied the waters a lot with our transfers, but another thing Klopp said when he first took over was he would have the first and last word on all transfers and forget about the committee and I believe him.

It seems like Klopp himself wants the player so the committee/Ayre are doing the right thing by delivering him.

He looks quite good from the footage i've seen. Pinging 40 yard balls effortlessly, good skills, great shot on him as well. He's like a mix between Matic and Gerrard. I think we should proceed with this even though the dad's being an arsehole. 

He isn't a powderpuff like Alberto and Aspas, he's a Serb as well so they are tough bastards by design. 

Chamakh isn't the best example. They signed him on a free transfer.

Thanks for the correction but, my point still stands about clubs signing duds. He's another player they signed and discarded. arshavin was another they signed then moved on even if he did have a nack of scoring 4 against us!

Matic of course wasn't ready for football here when he first arrived and had to go abroad elsewhere, only returning after further development.

Each case on their own merits, obviously, and you can't start seeing a pattern among signings when there's only been one, but the club continuing with a largely youth focus under Klopp, without quickly correcting the glaring gap of men in the squad, will remain a concern until it's disproved FSG will be continuing to push such an approach.

Major step up that he's the guy in charge selecting and saying yes or no to signings of course, and no two ways that when senior players are bought, someone with a knowledge of the major European leagues and an expert eye for talent, rather than one just appearing to buy off MOTD highlights at a premium, could be a game changer.

Just hope he's given a fair crack at doing so.

Fantastic prospect? Why?

He looks slow, his first touch looks awful and his dad sounds like an annoying cunt.

His dad sounds great to be fair. Prima facie, he cares more about his son's development than cash, which is refreshing. Liverpool haven't been the best place for a young foreign footballer to develop.

• Upvote 1

His dad sounds great to be fair. Prima facie, he cares more about his son's development than cash, which is refreshing. Liverpool haven't been the best place for a young foreign footballer to develop.

He mentions something about getting a larger transfer fee if his son stays and wins the league with Red Star, sounds like he's a Red Star fan.

[As well as being a massive one]

• Upvote 1

He mentions something about getting a larger transfer fee if his son stays and wins the league with Red Star, sounds like he's a Red Star fan.

[As well as being a massive one]

I believe what he said was something along the lines of, look my son is talented and he's doing very well. Don't rush to sell him now, as it might stunt his development, look at Markovic! You'll get better money soon anyway when he helps you win the league.

Proves my point. Kenny was only a headline player in the goldfish bowl of glasgow before we signed him.

In the decade previous Celtic had reached 2 European Cup finals,winning one,and also a Semi Final just 3 years before in 1974. Rangers also won a Cup Winners Cup a few seasons previous too!

That 'Goldfish Bowl' produced loads of players who made it big in English football at the time and Kenny was a British transfer record at the time too.

It looks stupid to demean Scottish football of that era considering their national team was making World Cups when England weren't any more.

Meet the new ic, he's the same as the old ic..

Now, there is an obvious rule when signing and vić players in that, players are usually good, as in Matić, Vidić, Modrić, Rakitić, Manđukić, Tošić whilst the vić's you need the steer clear of, unless they are defenders, as in Mitrović, Jovanović, Jelavić, Marković.

So, after two vić's, in Grujić we have a chance of signing a good player, as our scouts have finally cracked the vs. vić code. 

• Upvote 5