You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Firmino need to do more, yes he has scored some goals this season, but more often than not he is not contributing with either goals or assists.

He has just contributed with goals or assists in 5 of the 17 games he had played this season.

If we compare that with Salah, we can see that he has contributed with either goals or assists in 11 of his 18 games so far. 

C9F6F1DB-AE31-409F-BB67-1EC9B4A52BD3.jpeg

726D310F-BCAF-4AB5-8D53-296A2FCDB638.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Code said:

Firmino need to do more, yes he has scored some goals this season, but more often than not he is not contributing with either goals or assists.

He has just contributed with goals or assists in 5 of the 17 games he had played this season.

If we compare that with Salah, we can see that he has contributed with either goals or assists in 11 of his 18 games so far. 

C9F6F1DB-AE31-409F-BB67-1EC9B4A52BD3.jpeg

726D310F-BCAF-4AB5-8D53-296A2FCDB638.jpeg

He has been one of the better players. He has assisted but seen chances not taken by other players. He could make the pass one earlier than the assist or create space for others. The assist stat is useful but only tells you a small part.

• Upvote 1

Firmino's goals have been a nice bonus. His all round play has been poor. And now he's not scoring and really getting too involved in any attacking play, it's hard to see his value. If we are to persist with this diamond formation, I'd have thought we'd get more out of Elliot, carvalho or Jones in that 10 position. In fact I'd quite like to see Jones given a chance there. 

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Firmino is playing better than I have seen in two year. Salah is not.

Tough crowd, Salah has 9 goals and 2 assists in his last 11 games. 

Firmino has 5 goals and 1 assist in his last 13, 0 goals and 0 assists in his last 6 games. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

If our defenders and midfielders were playing as well in their roles as both Firmino and Salah are in theirs, we wouldn't be out of the title race already. 

If our defenders and midfielders played well in as many games as those 2 we would be out of the title race. Their numbers might be good but they have turned in as many no shows as they have good performances, probably more in all truth.

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Firmino's goals have been a nice bonus. His all round play has been poor. And now he's not scoring and really getting too involved in any attacking play, it's hard to see his value. If we are to persist with this diamond formation, I'd have thought we'd get more out of Elliot, carvalho or Jones in that 10 position. In fact I'd quite like to see Jones given a chance there. 

Disagree upon his overall play. He was poor last season, but think he’s been very good in most games this season.

And I reckon none of the three you mention could do the job he’s doing as a false 9 or a 10 or whatever it is. Carvalho is probably the closest, but Bobby is far better at finding spaces, has better movement and better pressing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Disagree upon his overall play. He was poor last season, but think he’s been very good in most games this season.

And I reckon none of the three you mention could do the job he’s doing as a false 9 or a 10 or whatever it is. Carvalho is probably the closest, but Bobby is far better at finding spaces, has better movement and better pressing.

All the without the ball stuff Bobby might be better, especially carvalho. But I think over the last half dozen games or so he's slipped back towards where he was last year with the probable exception of the city game. Even when he was banging them (Bournemouth for example), his all-round play wasn't great. I've not real issue with that when you score a brace as the game is all about goals. But I just think he's light years from the player he was and million miles off a player who starts regularly for a top team (which is what he's been doing this season)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, No2 said:

If our defenders and midfielders played well in as many games as those 2 we would be out of the title race. Their numbers might be good but they have turned in as many no shows as they have good performances, probably more in all truth.

28D9546A-89A2-4FBD-9BAE-2E1DE8A382F4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Code loves him some whoscored doesn't he??

Interestingly this is the first season Salah has ever rated below a 7 (6.94) in the league for us. That has him as the 49th ranked player in the league. He was ranked 2nd last season behind DeBruyne.

Firmino is our highest ranked player currently - 18th.

Those rankings are a load of shite. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, no chance he was the second best player in the league through the whole of last season.

I didn’t watch a lot of City games last, or any, year, but Allison and Mane were definitely better than him last season and Thiago has a pretty strong case, too.

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I didn’t watch a lot of City games last, or any, year, but Allison and Mane were definitely better than him last season and Thiago has a pretty strong case, too.

Salah was sensational in the first half, of the season.