You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should He Stay Or Should He Go Now ????

Bjornebye

Sterling stay or go   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes. Take 40 miilion + for him. If he wants out, fuck him.
    • No. We need to keep our best players and selling him is stupid.

I love reading all this macho bollocks about getting all tough on players and playing hardball with them and their agents.

Europe's best young players are going to look at us and be queueing up to sign when they watch Suarez get lied to and Sterling get publicly fucked over when they try to negotiate with our owners. Their agents are going to love it too.

You keep up with feeling all masculine and proud of your toughness as we have our best player sold, our next best player retire and our next best player sold in the space of 12-18 months. 

Sterling, at his age, is head and shoulders above any other player in the League and, as stats show, ahead of almost every other player in Europe's main leagues.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Upvote 1

I struggle to understand this 'dont sell him' lark.... If he comes out and says he wants to go then surely we don't want a player here who does not want to be.

It's like your tart saying she wants to leave you and get a divorce, if that's what she wants then thats what she wants and she should leave.

No one in their right mind is saying don't sell him if he puts in a request.

I would trust Henry to do what he did with Suarez - keep him an extra year and sell for more next summer. This time we should bank the cash.

Exactly, and from what Rodgers said earlier that is what they plan to do with Sterling, We don't immediately fuck every player off that looks at other at other options or get their heads turned,

Gerrard was close to leaving at one point which was fairly common knowledge but we didn't all say he should fuck off because he had dared to consider Chelsea as an option. Sterling is being stupid and he may well go but its not going to be this summer imo

I love reading all this macho bollocks about getting all tough on players and playing hardball with them and their agents.

Europe's best young players are going to look at us and be queueing up to sign when they watch Suarez get lied to and Sterling get publicly fucked over when they try to negotiate with our owners. Their agents are going to love it too.

You keep up with feeling all masculine and proud of your toughness as we have our best player sold, our next best player retire and our next best player sold in the space of 12-18 months. 

Sterling, at his age, is head and shoulders above any other player in the League and, as stats show, ahead of almost every other player in Europe's main leagues.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm going to change my tune here.  Earlier in the week I was of the "pay him" way of thinking.

But the interview has changed things.

No, lad.

What will Ibe be thinking as he watches all this?  Or rather what will his agent be thinking?

Or the agents of all the other promising youngsters we have coming through.  They'll be licking their lips.

Do I think Sterling is a good player?  Yes.  Do I think he'll be even better in the next few years?  Yes.  I remember that tarty Ronaldo developing from a good player to probably the best in the world in a matter of a few years.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sterling went close.  That's why I wanted to pay him the money.

But the key thing you've alluded to in your post is a shadow over the whole thing.  We shouldn't know ANYTHING about all this.  I can't stand all this playing out in the public stuff yet again.

Posturing in public, the dissecting of every uttered word to try and extract implied meaning etc.

The bottom line is, he should have more respect for the club, for the manager and for the people that share the dressing room with him every day.  

If you can get a good price for him, shift him and publicly call him what he is.

The next Ashley Cole right there, folks.

• Upvote 1

Would love to keep him as we need to hold onto our best players. If his head has been turned then and he really wants to go then we need to get top money for him. It's sad the way that it's being played out though.

• Upvote 1

No one in their right mind is saying don't sell him if he puts in a request.

I would trust Henry to do what he did with Suarez - keep him an extra year and sell for more next summer. This time we should bank the cash.

This,50 mil would do,spend it on the new stand and name it after him.

He's played as many bad games for us as he's played good

If that was the criteria we would have a team consisting of Gerrard and Skrtel and one of those is about to leave. Sturridge and Can might get in I suppose. Point is with Sterling despite all the hyperbole from both sides of the argument he is undeniably a very good player that could become a great player and they don't come along that often , We certainly can't afford to buy great players that are the finished article

• Upvote 1

I want him gone. I want him gone this summer and I don't want him offered a new contract from now on. I don't want the footballing world seeing us get bent over by a promising 20 year old.

He's obviously not arsed about committing to us and I don't think it's in his nature to give his all no matter what the situation ala suarez.

If we had one iota of trust in the club reinvesting the money wisely it would be an absolute no brainer for me.

• Upvote 1

I want him gone. I want him gone this summer and I don't want him offered a new contract from now on. I don't want the footballing world seeing us get bent over by a promising 20 year old.

He's obviously not arsed about committing to us and I don't think it's in his nature to give his all no matter what the situation ala suarez.

If we had one iota of trust in the club reinvesting the money wisely it would be an absolute no brainer for me.

Agreed, get the cunt out. I can't wait for the footballing world to see us sell yet another of our better players.

Agreed, get the cunt out. I can't wait for the footballing world to see us sell yet another of our better players.

Its not the best option Tony but by the same token, I dont want the club ending up with £10m for him if he goes to another PL club or worse, a few hundred thousand if he goes to a club in Europe.

The club comes first for me.