You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

If we leave Allen out a lot depends on Coutinho helping out as a midfielder. He was very good against Arsenal and Everton, He must not be too attack minded. Control the spaces in front of our defense and we'll do fine. I'd prefer Allen to start though. We might give Sterling a rest to control the midfield and start both Allen and Cou. We might need that to win this. I'm very much looking forward to this fixture. A kind of make or break game for me.

Paul Merson's prediction

Southampton are in a position where they can go for it in any game - which is why they made a big ricket when they rested a load of players and lost to Sunderland in the FA Cup - so this will be a big test of Liverpool's title credentials ahead of some pretty decent fixtures.

If Liverpool get through this they are a major, major threat and I cannot see how Southampton will be able to stop Liverpool's attack, even though they have got Luke Shaw, who is a great talent and really deserves his call-up to the England squad. I'm not sure he will go to the World Cup, though.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-3

must be asked, how does this guy have a job on sky?

He is doing some preview show for the weekend and he can hardly string 2 sentences together.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Had a dream we lost 3-0. Scary stuff.

We'll be lucky to escape with that scoreline. Could be seven there today.

must be asked, how does this guy have a job on sky?

He is doing some preview show for the weekend and he can hardly string 2 sentences together.

I'd say he more struggles to string letters together to make a word.

He truly is as thick as pig shit.

We'll be lucky to escape with that scoreline. Could be seven there today.

For some reason I remember clearly it was 2 penalties and a through ball that caused all goals. I was so horrified that I had to scream to wake up.

I really hope it's the other way round.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

For some reason I remember clearly it was 2 penalties and a through ball that caused all goals. I was so horrified that I had to scream to wake up.

I really hope it's the other way round.

I had a nightmare I cracked my phone screen whilst lying in bed. I woke up gutted, looked at my phone and said, 'heh, fucking ace' and went back to sleep.

Not entirely relevant.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I had the same dream last night, it was right across the middle of my nexus 5

That's my dream. Freaky.

I don't pay normally pay much attention to historic results and so called bogey teams. But in this case, it's always in the back of my mind that Southampton always seem to get one over on us when they shouldn't. Last 10 away:

1213 L 3-1

0405 L 2-0 (Southampton relegated)

0304 L 2-0

0203 W 1-0

0102 L 2-0

0001 D 3-3 (We were 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go)

9900 D 1-1

9899 W 2-1

9798 D 1-1

9697 W 1-0

They've had some good results at Anfield too. This season obviously but they got a 0-0 draw in 2000 at the end of the season when we just couldn't score and then lost to Bradford on the final day which meant we dropped out of the top 4. They beat us in Houllier's last season in one of our worst home performances in recent times too.

That said, Suarez back amongst the goals, Sturridge to continue scoring, a clean sheet and man of the match performance from Skrtel, Mignolet to dominate his box and Aspas to come off the bench and score. 4-0

Guest Numero Veinticinco

According to BBC it's an unspecified injury. How big a blow for Southampton is wanayama missing out? Has he been playing well for them?

Not very well since his leg injury, apparently. Shirking challenges and that. There was some chatter about Lovren being out, but Twitter (according to the Saints forum) is saying he's back. In short, I dunno.