You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Just seen a interview with Connor post fight as he's leaving the arena. Got to give him credit,very good interview. No shit,no excuses just credit to Nate and talking about mistakes he made. Sounds heartbroken to be honest. His next fight will be crucial

Yeah, great interview after the fight. He's a great person, always comes across as humble and never forgets where he's come from. It's just a shame he's got such a dumb fanbase.

All big fighters gain them fans these days. It was the same with Rousey,same with the Diaz brothers and will be the same with the next big thing. The vast majority of vocal MMA fans are arseholes. Rogan has aaid before most are not sports fans and he's insulted them many times. Its a complicated sport that i don't think most understand hence the booing of ground fighting. Yes some can be teally voring Joe Warren,Ben Askrin,Jake Shields but the fans boo when two great grapplers are in a great fight. I dont so Jui Jitsu (stsrting in a couple of months) but once i started watchibg the sport i started watching pure grappling matching at the ADCC events to try snd understand what was going on. Watch the likes of Roger Gracie vs Jacare and its a chess match. One mistake snd you are done

Step too far for McGregor, you don't bounce up weight classes like nothing. He was winning the fight easily and was about 2 minutes from stopping it when he got caught with that 1-2 and from that moment on it was over, he was out on his feet. He needs to learn how to survive and he needs to get back to 145 where he belongs. But he showed real respect in the aftermath of the fight. He'll be back.

Tate fought the perfect fight. Think Ronda beats the pair of them if they fight again, but she deserves it. Good for her, she's fit as well so the UFC will have a field day marketing her. 

I dont agree he was w mins from stopping Diaz. He will be back but i do wonder if he will struggle to make 145lb know he has put on a bit of weight. 155 is not a good weight for him. Never fancied him against RDA and his defensive wrestling and grappling looked terrible last night.

Before the fight I thought McGregor was too smart to let hubris get the better of him, I believe that's what cost him the fight. He'll have been humbled by it and will come back better. I don't think the weight was a massive issue, he looked very strong to me, until he got caught.

I agree he will be back and will compete but not at 170. If he cant handle Nate's power he would be knocked out cold by the bigger boys in that division. 170 is a murders row of top talent in MMA,always has been always will be

• Upvote 2

I don't watch or pay much attention to the UFC, is Conor McGregor just another product of the Dana White marketing machine? It seems whenever the UFC go above and beyond to label one of their fighters as "unbeatable" or "once-in-a-generation" it usually blows up in their face.

McGregor looked gassed to me, hence the take down attempt which Diaz just laughed at before taking him to school on the canvass.

Would a jump in weight of 25 pounds account for that ?

McGregor looked gassed to me, hence the take down attempt which Diaz just laughed at before taking him to school on the canvass.

Would a jump in weight of 25 pounds account for that ?

Try running up a hill with a 2 stone bag of potatoes on your shoulders. 

• Upvote 3

He hasn't jumped up 25lbs. He may have drained/cut to 145lb the day before the fight but by the time he rehydrates he's back up in the 160-165lb range. He out on some weight for the fight not much. He was caught by punches he is not used to taking and dove for a takedown to buy time to recover. Unfortunately for him he was dazed so didn't get a good takedown and his wrestling isnt great either. You dont get into a scramble on the floor with a good jiu jitsu player and survive unless you are great yourself

I don't watch or pay much attention to the UFC, is Conor McGregor just another product of the Dana White marketing machine? It seems whenever the UFC go above and beyond to label one of their fighters as "unbeatable" or "once-in-a-generation" it usually blows up in their face.

In a nut shell!

Lets give a bit more credit to Diaz who took this fight and very short notice I believe? Didn't even have a training camp for it luckily for McGregor.

Step too far for McGregor, you don't bounce up weight classes like nothing. He was winning the fight easily and was about 2 minutes from stopping it when he got caught with that 1-2 and from that moment on it was over, he was out on his feet. He needs to learn how to survive and he needs to get back to 145 where he belongs. But he showed real respect in the aftermath of the fight. He'll be back.

Tate fought the perfect fight. Think Ronda beats the pair of them if they fight again, but she deserves it. Good for her, she's fit as well so the UFC will have a field day marketing her. 

I agree, made a comment that she has a nice size rack and one of my friends goes "you think those are big?" then proceeds to tell us all he finds Holm hot. Different strokes and all that but when watching the fight only one of them looked worth taking a shot at and it certainly wasn't the blonde one for me. I always thought Ronda looks somewhat like a yoked up Hayden Pantierre too for that matter.

Regarding McGregor I thought he had the perfect game plan in the first round and then in the second he got cocky, started taunting and dropped his guard. Like you said once he got hit he was pretty much dead on his feet. I think he could win some fights at 170 and I think if he watches it back he'll think he should've won this one but to have a chance at being a champion there he's going to need to add some new skills to his repertoire.

Just bought some signed gloves to start filling out my meagre fight memorabilia collection.

A glove signed by Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne snd a Robbie Lawler glove. Also just got a Miguel Cotto glove.

So i now have a signed print of Frazirr knocking Ali down in their first fight,a signed John Wayne Parr glove and the above.

The ambition has to be a Ali glove or Shorts but serious money there. Probably Canelo or GGG next. Or hopefully Rigo signs some gloves while he is over here

• Upvote 1

Just bought some signed gloves to start filling out my meagre fight memorabilia collection.

A glove signed by Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne snd a Robbie Lawler glove. Also just got a Miguel Cotto glove.

So i now have a signed print of Frazirr knocking Ali down in their first fight,a signed John Wayne Parr glove and the above.

The ambition has to be a Ali glove or Shorts but serious money there. Probably Canelo or GGG next. Or hopefully Rigo signs some gloves while he is over here

Very cool that mate. I like it a lot.

My pride and joy is a still from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly signed by both Eli Wallace and Mr Eastwood himself. Would have loved to have completed the triumvirate with Van Cleef's sig on there too.

Also got the picture which hung above Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes' fireplace, Paget's scene from the Reichenbach Falls. Unsiged unfortunately.