You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

But you're onto them, TH. There's no fooling you; you're well too smart for their ruses, lies and cunning ploys, attempting to pull the wool over your eyes.

Pleased we've got someone to tell us how it is.

It's a forum mate we offer opinions and we all have varying views, you were crying like a little girl when your views were being derided during Suarez/Evra. How come people can't offer views now?.

It's a forum mate we offer opinions and we all have varying views, you were crying like a little girl when your views were being derided during Suarez/Evra. How come people can't offer views now?.

It's not the different views, it's the incessant whingeing. Do you not get tired of typing the same sort of conspiracy filled guff over and over?

And, I never moaned - let alone cried - at anything during the Suarez fiasco. I can handle different views. Part of me being all grows up 'n' all. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

Yeah, the team was a shambles and has been a shambles for a number of seasons. Surely you can't deny the squad is improving. Going into this season we're in a much better place than we've been for quite a while. Unless you've got a 100m to drop this season, there's no magic wand.

Beating a couple of teams from the far east who would struggle in the Walton and Kirkdale league doesn't inspire much,we'll see what happens when they face Sallado,Negredo and Van Persie.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
we'll see what happens when they face Sallado

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get creamed. The manager will need to give them a right dressing down. Hopefully we'll buy the Greek fella to stop him scoring.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Couldn't give a TOSS

One he's played against us, his value will rocket. That's enough if the punning, yeah? Lettuce just get on and talk about players who are joining and the ones who might leaf.

What's with the obsession to save cash on wages you still pay the same in the ground and you get no money off it's not fucking Tesco's,the owners are cleaning up not you.

It's getting embarrassing loaning out and loaning in,start giving them praise when they start getting top quality players for the first 11 and less of the praise for their wages cutting.

We have been the biggest muppets in world football in regards to giving players huge contracts, finding out they are shit and then we cant get rid.

This wage bill slash had to happen and we had to re-evaluate the length and size of contracts offered.

We have been paying a pound for penny sweets for far to many years, i cant beleive people don't see how badly all of this was needed.

It's not the different views, it's the incessant whingeing. Do you not get tired of typing the same sort of conspiracy filled guff over and over?

And, I never moaned - let alone cried - at anything during the Suarez fiasco. I can handle different views. Part of me being all grows up 'n' all. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

No conspiracy's let's just hope Rodgers doesn't have to put his head on this image come September.

BMjuostCMAABgE7.jpg

We have been the biggest muppets in world football in regards to giving players huge contracts, finding out they are shit and then we cant get rid.

This wage bill slash had to happen and we had to re-evaluate the length and size of contracts offered.

We have been paying a pound for penny sweets for far to many years, i cant beleive people don't see how badly all of this was needed.

As long as the balance sheet is paraded at that the end of season lap of honour that'll go down well with the 40 odd thousand at Anfield.

Everybody does see it.

But they've essentially cut 25 million per year off the wage bill and reinvested almost none of it. That's where people are questioning.

We have brought in 4 new players already. I dont really care if the Andy Carroll transfer covers them, we have 4 new players.

Also if your wage bill is too high, why would you "re-invest" the savings you needed to make?

And why does every penny need to be invested right now? Just so fans can cum in their trousers at new players?

People need to grow up and realise this isnt a computer game, and we have played it like onne for too many years.

We need quality, if its not out there just fucking wait. Our whole problem for 2 decades is "panic buys" and then we are stuck with shit.

As long as the balance sheet is paraded at that the end of season lap of honour that'll go down well with the 40 odd thousand at Anfield.

It would go down better than if we signed another Pual stewart, voronin, joe cole, jovanovic type player i think....

Its quality not quantity that will get us back to the top.

Same captain that said Joe Cole was better than messi?

I think the last thing gerrard wants is another voronin rocking up at training. Gerrard should know he only has 3-4 years left MAX. So if we buy more shite he plays with more shite and he gets nowhere near the league or CL.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We have brought in 4 new players already. I dont really care if the Andy Carroll transfer covers them, we have 4 new players.

Also if your wage bill is too high, why would you "re-invest" the savings you needed to make?

And why does every penny need to be invested right now? Just so fans can cum in their trousers at new players?

People need to grow up and realise this isnt a computer game, and we have played it like onne for too many years.

We need quality, if its not out there just fucking wait. Our whole problem for 2 decades is "panic buys" and then we are stuck with shit.

is for you.

That's true for a lot of the utter shyte already mentioned, but not sure it applied/applies to Skrtel and Reina.

It would go down better than if we signed another Pual stewart, voronin, joe cole, jovanovic type player i think....

Its quality not quantity that will get us back to the top.

Maybe we should be signing the like of Sallado,Negredo and Navas you know quality like that oh but then again they have signed for our opposition.

Jsims do you not think that the scouting team have had 8-9 months to prepare for this window and that provides ample time to draw up targets.

If they can't find players then they are in the wrong business unless we are waiting to sell before we buy or get several wages off the books. Then more often than not the better quality ones we wanted have gone elsewhere.

is for you.

Shush, no time for grammar.

You have made some great posts these last couple of days though, so i cant even fight with you anymore becuase i've agreed with alot of what you've said.

That's true for a lot of the utter shyte already mentioned, but not sure it applied/applies to Skrtel and Reina.

I'm not so sure, i didn't mind skrtel as a player but he has been here for years and what have we won?

I think all players deserve time and a chance, but if you've been at one of the biggest clubs in the world for 3 years+ and havent made a huge contribution in them winning or challenging for things.......you've had your chance and your position/contribution should be reviewed.