You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manc's. Anfield Sunday 23rd 1:30pm

The Chef

mail saying agger out until rest of the season.

if so, not sure coates is good enough/ready to start week in week out. seems clumsy at times with the ball.

would rather gel Coates and put up with some errors (that all centre halves his age make) than Carra making the same ones each week due to being past it and slow

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted yesterday that we were robbed and I haven`t changed that view but I`ve since tried to look at all the contentious incidents through unbiased eyes.

While none of the decisions were really clear cut, what is galling for me is that every single one of them went in Utd`s favour. I don`t think there was anything untoward though as regards favourtism, I just think the ref had a bad day. Generally I quite like Mark Halsey and the people wishing death and cancer and the likes on him really need to have a strong word with themselves.

Despite our current position I feel very positive about our future prospects but I feel it might be a case of short term pain for long term gain.

We`ve a very young and in a lot of cases inexperienced squad that I`m confident will only get stronger and better over time. A lot these players are being asked to grow up fast due to the thinness of the squad but I think they`ve got the talent and mentality to do it.

Looking at the two sides yesterday, I honestly think potentially we`ve got the brighter future with our crop of talented youngsters while Utd seem to still be heavily reliant on 37 year old Scholes and 39 year old Giggs. We just deperately need a couple of wins to kick start us but if we can keep playing to the level we did yesterday that`ll come sooner rather than later.

Anyone have a gif of Valencia's dive?

Courtesy of davelfc

untitled-11xgoqc.gif

ibdsVD9WiUNCVV.gif

Valencia's gets worse everytime I see it. He goes to feign a shot but then tries to sidestep Pepe and falls over! Glen must have the strength of the Hulk to push Valencia over from that angle!

Another thing that people aren't mentioning much that annoyed me was that I thought Halsey was consciously setting a tone of giving the benefit so as to not inflame things when he didn't book Evra for the lunge on Sterling. Then not long later he whips out a straight red for Shelvey.

I was thinking that at the time as well. He had let a lot of meaty challenges go earlier, and i was giving him credit for that.

I just wish that Rodgers would come out and say that Halsey was appalling and should apologise to us for that performance.

The FA can then fine him and set a touchline ban, and then I'd like Rodgers to tell the FA to shut up and that he will not adhere to a fine or touchline ban, and that any opposition to this will mean that he gets proper legal representation to fight the case.

What the fuck are the FA going to do about it? Call their bluff, and tell them they can't tell a manager what to do, what to say, or censor who can or cannot be critcisied. It's so unhealthy for the refs to be above critcism, they HAVE to be held to account when this happens.

The ref could have provoked a situation yesterday, such was the occassion and such was the significance of his continual errors that seemed to favour one team over the other.

I just wish that Rodgers would come out and say that Halsey was appalling and should apologise to us for that performance.

The FA can then fine him and set a touchline ban, and then I'd like Rodgers to tell the FA to shut up and that he will not adhere to a fine or touchline ban, and that any opposition to this will mean that he gets proper legal representation to fight the case.

What the fuck are the FA going to do about it? Call their bluff, and tell them they can't tell a manager what to do, what to say, or censor who can or cannot be critcisied. It's so unhealthy for the refs to be above critcism, they HAVE to be held to account when this happens.

The ref could have provoked a situation yesterday, such was the occassion and such was the significance of his continual errors that seemed to favour one team over the other.

Rodgers doesn't need that at the minute.

Another thing that people aren't mentioning much that annoyed me was that I thought Halsey was consciously setting a tone of giving the benefit so as to not inflame things when he didn't book Evra for the lunge on Sterling. Then not long later he whips out a straight red for Shelvey.

I was thinking that at the time - he could have booked Shelvey for a tackle just before on, I think, Rafael. Then he evened it up by not booking Evra for a similar tackle on Sterling. I thought - 'hey, it's almost like proper football again, when you're allowed to tackle and sometimes the other player's just too quick i.e. it's a foul but nothing more' How wrong was I.

Another consideration which I doubt has occurred to anyone in the media..... if this had been at Old Trafford and we or any away team had been given the decisions they got yesterday..... well, it's just not going to happen, is it? But if it had..... would Ferguson have politely talked about 'disappointing' or 'not helpful' decisions?

I'm actually glad that Kelly will be unavailable for selection, he's not a good enough full back, it's really hindering us.

Get Johnson back on the right, and use the left backs we have (enrique or Robinson). It's about time Rodgers sorted this leaky bastard defence.

Rodgers is hanging himself at the moment. It's a series of bad decisions, from team selection to in-game decisions like subs and tactics and even set-pieces.

I want to give Rodgers time, but he's making it very hard to trust in him at the moment.

Suarez needs to be dropped, he's not a goal threat, and to be fair I think he needs a proper rest. He looks out of ideas and just frustrated, and it's affecting his performances. Get Borini or Morgan through the middle, for Christ's sake Brendan.

Either side of him we can have Sterling, Downing, Suso, or Assaidi. And Joe Cole? Where the fuck is he?

It's shit or bust with Sahin as well, he's not going to appreciate this for much longer, swapping the bench at Madrid for the bench at Liverpool. Come on, it's not rocket science, he came here to play games, and that's the only way he's going to get match fit.

With Agger and Kelly out long-term now, and Carrgher well past his use-by-date, suddenly we're precarious at centre back. Just three fit CB's left, and perhaps Wisdom can cover?

It's time to dig in. No crying because Suarez can't score, if he can't score then it's time we tried something else. I don't care how unlikely the plan b is, we need to try it. And no, Carroll would have been no better, another low-scoring striker, ace.

No point in sitting moaning, wailing about this and that, it'll do us no good. We need to try things and we need to start getting performance levels of key players up, or dropping them. We need Reina and Enrique to sort themselves out fast. Sick of it though, what the fuck is wrong with the pair of them?

I'm actually glad that Kelly will be unavailable for selection, he's not a good enough full back, it's really hindering us.

Get Johnson back on the right, and use the left backs we have (enrique or Robinson). It's about time Rodgers sorted this leaky bastard defence.

Rodgers is hanging himself at the moment. It's a series of bad decisions, from team selection to in-game decisions like subs and tactics and even set-pieces.

I want to give Rodgers time, but he's making it very hard to trust in him at the moment.

Suarez needs to be dropped, he's not a goal threat, and to be fair I think he needs a proper rest. He looks out of ideas and just frustrated, and it's affecting his performances. Get Borini or Morgan through the middle, for Christ's sake Brendan.

Either side of him we can have Sterling, Downing, Suso, or Assaidi. And Joe Cole? Where the fuck is he?

It's shit or bust with Sahin as well, he's not going to appreciate this for much longer, swapping the bench at Madrid for the bench at Liverpool. Come on, it's not rocket science, he came here to play games, and that's the only way he's going to get match fit.

With Agger and Kelly out long-term now, and Carrgher well past his use-by-date, suddenly we're precarious at centre back. Just three fit CB's left, and perhaps Wisdom can cover?

It's time to dig in. No crying because Suarez can't score, if he can't score then it's time we tried something else. I don't care how unlikely the plan b is, we need to try it. And no, Carroll would have been no better, another low-scoring striker, ace.

No point in sitting moaning, wailing about this and that, it'll do us no good. We need to try things and we need to start getting performance levels of key players up, or dropping them. We need Reina and Enrique to sort themselves out fast. Sick of it though, what the fuck is wrong with the pair of them?

That's some of the most bizarre stuff I've read on here in a long time.

What?

That's some of the most bizarre stuff I've read on here in a long time.

He was banging his "drop Suarez" drum at the weekend before the United game

In fact, he suggested we played Jones instead of Reina, Coates (not s ure who he wanted to drop for him), Robinson at full-back, Sahin for Gerrard (hahahaha) and Suarez dropped for Morgan or Borini, who couldn't score in a 10-bob brothel

He's fucking mental.

He was banging his "drop Suarez" drum at the weekend before the United game

In fact, he suggested we played Jones instead of Reina, Coates (not s ure who he wanted to drop for him), Robinson at full-back, Sahin for Gerrard (hahahaha) and Suarez dropped for Morgan or Borini, who couldn't score in a 10-bob brothel

He's fucking mental.

Yes, let's drop all our best players and play the shitter ones. What could go wrong?

Yes, let's drop all our best players and play the shitter ones. What could go wrong?

What, like United dropping Rooney and playing Welbeck, for example? Like that's not worked before.

Some of you have really got some twisted logic to how things 'should' work, and the habit of repeating things until it works. A stopped clock is right twice a day though.

Suarez is a lot of things, what he isn't is a great finisher. Full stop. You can look at his Ajax days, but this is getting a bit desperate now, it's Shevchenko/Chelsea territory, he can't do it as regularly in this division. And we've got to stop burying our head in the sand over this.

The other issue then, is that he isn't actually a very good wide attacker in a 4-3-3 either. He's not got the pace to burn a full back, and he gets nothing out of referees, his long range shooting isn't great, his crossing isn't a strong point...I'm struggling to find reasons to pick him to be honest.

The FA and Ferguson have fucked him in this country, he's kicked to fuck and gets nothing, he probably wins a penalty every game if he played in La Liga. But he's fucked in this country. And that;s OUR star striker. If he's fucked then we're fucked.

17 goals in 49 league games. You can make an argument for that being a respectable total or not. I think in 1 games time it'll likely read 17 in 50, and for me that kind of starts alarm bells ringing. Being clinical is a major obstacle for us, we can't sustain a run of having to produce 10 shots on target per goal.

Rodgers said that we worried United yesterday, but I disagree, I think United were comfortable in their third for the most part. Everything goes central, and the defenders love that, it all becomes congested and we eventually lose it. Conversely, we get out wide and look to cross it. This is not Suarez's game, he's not the type to move in the box and make a darting run to get on the end of a cross.

mail saying agger out until rest of the season.

if so, not sure coates is good enough/ready to start week in week out. seems clumsy at times with the ball.

Agger er i spil til landskampe

Seems he might be back way before this. He could be back in one or a couple of weeks. Prelim findings is his ligaments aren't torn, he has gotten a small fracture on a bone behind the knee. Right now it is swollen and hurts, but when the swelling goes down he'll be able to start training again (This last piece is according to his advisor Per Steffensen)

Suarez is a lot of things, what he isn't is a great finisher. Full stop. You can look at his Ajax days, but this is getting a bit desperate now, it's Shevchenko/Chelsea territory, he can't do it as regularly in this division. And we've got to stop burying our head in the sand over this.

The other issue then, is that he isn't actually a very good wide attacker in a 4-3-3 either. He's not got the pace to burn a full back, and he gets nothing out of referees, his long range shooting isn't great, his crossing isn't a strong point...I'm struggling to find reasons to pick him to be honest.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

What, like United dropping Rooney and playing Welbeck, for example? Like that's not worked before.

Some of you have really got some twisted logic to how things 'should' work, and the habit of repeating things until it works. A stopped clock is right twice a day though.

The FA and Ferguson have fucked him in this country, he's kicked to fuck and gets nothing, he probably wins a penalty every game if he played in La Liga. But he's fucked in this country. And that;s OUR star striker. If he's fucked then we're fucked.

17 goals in 49 league games. You can make an argument for that being a respectable total or not. I think in 1 games time it'll likely read 17 in 50, and for me that kind of starts alarm bells ringing. Being clinical is a major obstacle for us, we can't sustain a run of having to produce 10 shots on target per goal.

Rodgers said that we worried United yesterday, but I disagree, I think United were comfortable in their third for the most part. Everything goes central, and the defenders love that, it all becomes congested and we eventually lose it. Conversely, we get out wide and look to cross it. This is not Suarez's game, he's not the type to move in the box and make a darting run to get on the end of a cross.

listen bastard keep coming out with shit like this and ill start throwing bodies out the front door one at a time

Over egging the pudding big time.

Does Suarez get a raw deal? I'd say no. It's not a RAW deal. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt where other players might, but he's not being totally shafted beyond belief. He simply suffers from a reputation for exaggeration. Drogba had that rep too - but he did quite well regardless of it!

Is Suarez a lethal finisher? no. This is not news. He wasn't bought to be one either.

Yes, Liverpool look woefully lacking up front, and even with Carroll, still well short of being a 'feared' forward line.

A one in three strike rate is considered good!, and with all due respect, he's not playing at one of the current top performing teams is he?

I don't understand what you think is 'wrong' that Liverpool are persisting with.

Rodgers KNOWS Suarez isn't the answer as a striker, but equally, he's having to play with the players he has. It's him and Borini, that's your lot. It's not going to set the world alight but those are the cards Rodgers has in his hand.

Come January, when Liverpool have a second stab at trying to get a decent striker, we'll see what Rodgers can do then.

It's just wrong to condemn Suarez for not being clinical. It's like criticising your doctor for not being an eye surgeon.

The criticism should be aimed at the poor dealings in the transfer window, not at how Rodgers, or Suarez himself are failing to beat the current champions (although they probably should have), or the runners up with 10 men (which WAS unlucky),and somehow pinpointing Suarez as the essential weak link.

Guest ShoePiss
Unbelievable but I missed this game, had climbing Mt.St.Helens planned since February and was hoping all along that we'd be playing on the Saturday. Anyway, if someone has a download for the game I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Anyone?