You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Yeah, theres real value in progressing an extra round with nothing to show for it. Mong.

Why are you still even here after your breakdown a couple of weeks back? I'm sure you'll be cheering on Spurs today so it gives you a reason to post you already have planned out in your head about how shite a manager Brendan is.

My what?

Realistically none of the current top 8 clubs would want Moyes unless maybe their top 5 candidates turn them down. No chance. The only club bigger than Everton that might give him a job in this country is Villa, and I can't see him going overseas. Could you imagine a bunch of French or Spanish (or even Dutch) players trying to make sense of Moyes? He'd be better off staying where he is.

@philmcnulty: Point making about Moyes is simple. Would club he may regard as better than EFC appoint manager who has not won trophy in 11 years at EFC?

Short but sweet. Bet he gets a digital whipping from the online bitter community for that.

I'd much prefer they gave Ian Dowie another opportunity to show what a masterful tactician he is. Has Alan Curbishley disappeared off the face of the Earth? He used to be a shoe in for a mention in passing at least' date=' but I've not heard his name whenever recent managerial vacancies have arisen.[/quote']

Hahaha! Me and my big mouth. As soon as he's mentioned, he pops up on Goals on Sunday.

According to the shite - there was rumours amongst the deluded that both Bremen and Shalke were his destination! Apparently he also stated how much he enjoys German football - which means he will go there.

Let's face it - he's a fraud with no ambition, so Celtic seem a perfect fit - he'll 'win' the league and dine out on getting out of the group stages every now and then.

I always thought he'd sign the Everton contract, but now I'm not so sure.

The sands have certainly shifted. Even those Everton supporters who've been solidly behind him now feel things are stale and time is right for a change. And there is a growing aceptance that Moyes has made very clever attempts to minimise Everton to overstate his own achievements. He clearly wants to to manage a club who can compete for the Champion's League, but eleven years of winning nothing with Everton has caught up with him, and I don't think there are any clubs in that position who'd take a chance on him.

So now he's between a rock and a hard place - the man who has always been scared to step out of his own comfort zone may be forced out of it, and the repercussions for Kenwright - who's always had Moyes as a buffer - could be equally tough.

I don't rate Moyes particularly but Evertonians need only look across the park to see "be careful what you wish for" in action. I know Moyes has spent plenty, more than ousiders seem to think anyway, but without investment what's the best they can hope for? Average league positions with the odd foray into Europe, and perhaps some decent cup runs is about their level, a level which he does have them performing to.

Edited to clarify I am not having a go at Rodgers, I'm just referring to our fall from grace since the departure of a certain manager from LFC who many thought was doing such a poor job that just about anyone could do it better.

I don't rate Moyes particularly but Evertonians need only look across the park to see "be careful what you wish for" in action. I know Moyes has spent plenty, more than ousiders seem to think anyway, but without investment what's the best they can hope for? Average league positions with the odd foray into Europe, and perhaps some decent cup runs is about their level, a level which he does have them performing to.

Edited to clarify I am not having a go at Rodgers, I'm just referring to our fall from grace since the departure of a certain manager from LFC who many thought was doing such a poor job that just about anyone could do it better.

Roy Evans?