You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Mendoza

Anyone else had a look at the League Play option?

Had a little buzz on it earlier on my Xbox account. Every item is unlocked, regardless of public rank.

You have to complete 5 matches before you are placed in your ladder, where you then play against people of a similar skill level.

All games count toward your stats and you receive XP for playing games, but I don't believe that they count toward the multiplayer challenges. 5000XP for being on the winning team in TDM, 2500XP for being on the losing team.

I noticed that I was never in the same lobby twice during my little run out, and it takes a considerable time longer for a lobby to fill up in comparison to regular public games.

Never done it.

I quite like playing against players better and worse than me.

The better players make me a better player and I like playing in a higher standard. The worse players make me feel better!

Never done it.

I quite like playing against players better and worse than me.

The better players make me a better player and I like playing in a higher standard. The worse players make me feel better!

Didn't play enough games after being placed in my ladder to say if those I was playing against were of a similar level or not.

It can leave room for people to potentially exploit their grading system. If you wanted to, you could deliberately play poorly in the first 5 games, so that you are placed in a lower tier and would therefore play against "weaker" players.

That said, it's just something a little different, and with all weapons and equipment unlocked, it gives players a chance to expirement with class set-ups whilst still playing against people rather than bots.

I doubt I'll play too many games as the lobbies do take a while to populate.

Had a load of host migration games in the public lobbies during my session, so just tried the League Play option to see what it was about.

Even if we had two average players with us in that lobby we'd have won the game. Those two guys were shit!!

Overall we kicked ass, the 3 of us had really high kills, and huge k-d ratios in one game in particular. Can't remember which map.

The one on slums early on? Something like 4 deaths between us.

Since my earlier little rant about Drone, I've learned that you can shoot those automatic doors as you're running toward them and they'll open, thus preventing rage inducing auto door hangup...

Tis also a good little tactic to draw out the door campers when playing that map.

Drone and Yemen are on my, 'do not like' list at the moment.

Hijacked, Meltdown, Plaza and Standoff are on my, 'like' list.

The remaining maps are alright. I've got no reason to dislike them. Yet.

Much like MW2, there are certain points on each map where traffic is heaviest when playing TDM. The worst map for this was Sub Base, where the only TDM activity was at the right hand side of the map, in this image.

Sub_Base_minimap_MW2.png

If you know where the high volume areas are on each map, you're golden.

It also obviously helps to know when spawn has switched and where the more common spawn points are.