You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Mendoza

Trailer looks decent. I can't get excited about the new CoD's anymore, though. Since CoD4 they've gone a bit downhill for me. I love playing the online games but the maps are nowhere near as good as 4. It's like they try too hard on other aspects of the game, which is fair enough, but I can guarantree about 75%, at least, buy the game to go online. I want a game like CoD4 which had me playing for over 20 days. I think on the new one I have 3 days gaming time, and I still think it's a pretty good game. I just can't get addicted to them like I did with 4. I still play 4 to this day, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority, but I prefer the Treyarch maps/campaigns to those released by Infinity Ward, and I also think that the Black Ops multiplayer was better than MW3.

The best CoD multiplayer experience I've had was with MW2 due to the engine that they used. The best maps in my opinion were from World at War, without a doubt.

I'm looking forward to BlOps 2, especially the campaign, as the campaign in BlOps was pretty fucking solid, unlike the MW3 campaign which despite being nice and slick, was too short and too easy.

I'm also interested in seeing what Treyarch are doing with Zombies. This side of the game is so popular that they could almost sell it as a game in its own right.

I got into COD from MW2 onwards, currently would rate it as still the best I've played of them, followed by Black Ops, then MW3.

To be honest I wish they would just keep and refine the same engine and then just release maps for it, while I enjoy the campaigns it's predominantly an online games for me. I could cope with the idea of paying for something like Elite each year. If, and it's a big if I actually do buy Black Ops 2 I very much doubt I'll be going for Elite premium as I think it's generally speaking been a disaster, especially the staggered release of map packs. Mostly play with with TK and he didn't have Elite so I may as well not have had them at times.

Between them Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Activision have a lot of work on to get me back onside again.

Guest TK-421

I have the map pack 1 now. I really dig Liberation, Black Box and Overwatch. Great improvement on the first batch of maps on MW3.

I have the map pack 1 now. I really dig Liberation, Black Box and Overwatch. Great improvement on the first batch of maps on MW3.

I know you have it now. I meant in the stages when it's released to Premium. I'd rather play buddied up with you, Al or Byrnie than play on my own so it kind of made having them early pointless. Incidentally where the hell have you been? Been on a couple of nights and no sight of you. Thought you had died or something!

It also forced you into rotating them between, domination, kill confirmed and tdm. I hate playing the objective based games because of all the buggers who don't play the objective.

Guest TK-421

I've just been watching the football and have been too tired to play after coming on here for some post game reading etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone would like to see how the new pick 10 create-a-class system works, you can use the following link to an excel spreadsheet which will allow you to have a play around with the new class set-up system.

The spreadsheet also contains info on perks and scorestreak rewards. The weapon stats are not ready as yet, although it would appear that all weapons are available for selection when creating a class.

The spreadsheet was created by the folks over at DW24/7.

Pick 10 create-a-class spreadsheet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took a while, but details for DLC and Elite have now been revealed.

Firstly, DLC. They've done away with the format from MW3 that caused way too much confusion about who was getting what and when.

They've gone back to old school DLC releases, although you can still purchase a season pass off the bat which will allow you to get all DLC content at a slightly discounted price.

From what I've seen, the season pass will be £34.99/$49.99 and there will be 4 DLC packs for BlOps2. Each individual DLC pack will be available for individual purchase should you not want the season pass. Individual DLC packs will be £9.99/$14.99.

BlOps 2 Season Pass Info

The exclusivity deal for XBOX is still in place, so XBOX players will be able to get the DLC 30 days earlier than players on other platforms.

Moving on to Elite briefly. Elite is now completely free to all, which is what I would expect now that they've separated DLC from Elite.

BlOps 2 Elite Info

Have a gander at the short video below for some details regarding Elite.

ZUv4PjFUFGw

Al have you seen anything so say if they are doing the prestige token carry over thing again if you've prestiged previous version? If so I might actually pull my finger out and prestige MW2 so I can have some goodies early on for a change.

I think they had to separate Elite from the DLC as it didn't really work, especially the early releases for Elite premium versus other users, I'll be map pack only so at least if I don't like it I haven't already shelled out for map packs in advance.

TK was laughing at me on Friday claiming he knew I would buckle and pre order as usual.