You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Mendoza

I'm about ready for new maps now.

Half of my problem is I end up with the same routine in it and start to get bored and need to be taking breaks from it for a week or so.

Was doing some Nuketown runs this afternoon while I was on my own, lag and nobhead central. Objective based games really piss me off, hardly anyone plays the objective so you end up being fucked if you actually try to play the game, complete waste of time them being on the playlists most of the time.

I'll actually buy the new maps for this. Really enjoy playing it. Had a good little hour session on it flying solo last night. Got into a duel for most of it and it was really good.

I think they will never be able to stop the hackers now. They should try and split the lobbies in too, one for mods and one for regular players. From what I've seen, most of the cheaters are really shit any way. Even with all their advantages.

Just had a quick blast on each map against bots.

Downhill:

Decent sized map. Mainly an outdoor map, with one central building. There's a route on one side of the map that I suspect will see a lot of traffic to begin with. It's ideal for snipers and those who run Target Finder.

Mirage:

First impressions are that this is a quality map. Good mix of everything. Again, there's an area that I reckon will see a lot of traffic. It's like a little courtyard area with several access points, but sufficient cover. It reminds me a little of Aftermath.

Hydro:

Small, frenetic, with 3 main routes, the central of the 3 is going to be the busier, but it's a prime area for snipers and Target Finder. The 2 routes down either side will see a bit of traffic, with the least used being the route where you encounter the most water. However, from this route there is a ladder to a small control room in the very centre of the map, similar to that room in express, there will be a lot of people trying to camp out in it.

Grind:

Strange map. Could be a lot of fun, but it could also be the most frustrating of the 4. Again, mainly outdoor engagements with a central building to allows for quicker routes from one spawn to the opposition's. Strikes me as a map that will create longer games, as you can spend quite a bit of time running around the thing without seeing anyone. No real area stood out as an obvious choke point, though I'm sure we'll see them soon enough.

As for the Peacekeeper, it feels kind of bulky, like an Assault Rifle, but it says that the mobility is that of an SMG, which it is classified as.

Looks to be a general purpose weapon, with no real outstanding strengths or weaknesses. Clip size is 30 rounds standard, 40 with extended mags. The iron sights are decent, and the recoil while ADS is good, a little horizontal wobble followed by an ever so slight vertical flick. Hip fire spread is huge, so a laser sight will be needed if you plan on hip firing. The fire rate seems pretty average for an SMG, and I reckon you'd be looking at a 4 hit kill with this from most ranges. Possibly 3 hit at close range.

Going to check out the new Zombies map and game mode now.

The hit detection on this game really annoys me. How can someone take four bullets into the back and still use a sniper like a SMG.

I reckon that they've been tweaking lag compensation to try and even things out.

I've noticed that the locale preferences have been removed from both PS3 and Xbox.

The Party Privacy optionis have also changed. There used to be an option for Open, but invite only, now the only options are opened or closed for PS3. I think Xbox has 1 more option, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Do people like the peacemaker?

Just in case you missed my brief summary of the new gun.

As for the Peacekeeper, it feels kind of bulky, like an Assault Rifle, but it says that the mobility is that of an SMG, which it is classified as.

Looks to be a general purpose weapon, with no real outstanding strengths or weaknesses. Clip size is 30 rounds standard, 40 with extended mags. The iron sights are decent, and the recoil while ADS is good, a little horizontal wobble followed by an ever so slight vertical flick. Hip fire spread is huge, so a laser sight will be needed if you plan on hip firing. The fire rate seems pretty average for an SMG, and I reckon you'd be looking at a 4 hit kill with this from most ranges. Possibly 3 hit at close range.

I'm a big fan of the PDW, and I wouldn't be looking to replace my PDW classes with the Peacekeeper.

I'd possibly use the Peacekeeper in a class that I have currently got set up for an Assault Rifle. Although, of the Assault Rifles, I've only really used the MTAR and the Type 25...

I'm working this evening and then going for a pint afterwards I think so not sure if I will get in later.

In during the day tomorrow to cover for someone so I'll be on tomorrow night I think. Should be nicely refreshed and back into it as I'll have had nearly a weeks break from it.

Just in case you missed my brief summary of the new gun.

I'm a big fan of the PDW, and I wouldn't be looking to replace my PDW classes with the Peacekeeper.

I'd possibly use the Peacekeeper in a class that I have currently got set up for an Assault Rifle. Although, of the Assault Rifles, I've only really used the MTAR and the Type 25...

I use the Type 25 mostly.

But I am going to give The Peacemaker a try, as it seems great in theory.

Reasonable session. Had to leave during a game on Aftermath, as I was getting no hit registration at all.

There wasn't much lag for me tonight in general, though just when I was getting into the swing of things, the very next game would throw out lag spikes and nothing but hit markers.

So frustrating at times.

I'm off work until Sunday, so I'll be around for a few sessions tomorrow and Saturday.