You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've helped black families…to guide them in the right direction

RedSand

I always thought that the dead bloke was sitting on the Hispanic shooter beating him up when he got shot . Seems a reasonable outcome to me .

No one really knows besides Zimmerman (what you said was his story) and Martin, but the evidence (witness' testimony, forensics, etc.) seemed to corroborate Zimmerman's story, which is probably why he wasn't arrested in the first place.

The media and Obama latched on to it (I actually believe that's the only reason he was even charged) and then he got arrested had a trial and now some people are pissed because it didn't go their way. To be fair I thought it would be a hung jury (reasonable doubt as to the murder 2 charge was certainly there) but a Juror spoke anonymously (supposedly anyway) and said it was 3 v 3 guilty and not guilty and the not guilty side won the rest over.

I believed, because of the law in Florida, he was always going to get off. Towards the end of the trial I was starting to think that manslaughter might have been reasonable because Zimmerman didn't need to be so pro-active. At the same time though, if more people were pro-active there would probably be less crime. Another problem with manslaughter for me was that since Zimmerman's story was corroborated sufficiently, what he did was justified under Florida law. That would essentially mean you're sending a man to prison for something other than breaking the law, mainly to make other people feel happy and/or vindicated.

The irony about there being a lynch mob out for this guy is staggering, never mind the fact that if both of them were the same color you'd have never even fucking heard about it. The media intentionally stoked "racial fires", which is especially ridiculous considering Zimmerman is a man of Jewish and Peruvian descent. I don't know about anyone else here, but I've never met a Latino person that identifies as white irregardless of if they have white skin, nor have I met a Jewish person that identifies as being anything other than Jewish.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught the end of the first half of the daily show today (so yesterdays show) where a black woman in florida has just been given 20 years for firing a gun into the air to warn off her husband under SYG.

Didn't catch all of it so some of the details may be off.

No that's basically it. Her trial was over after 12 minutes. God bless America.

She was convicted for attempted murder, she could have taken a 3 year plea deal which I'm sure sounds a lot better now than it did at the time.

She probably thought that, as she was firing warning shots against someone who she had a restraining order out on, they might accept that as self defence. It's a fucking disgrace and this is hardly going to help race relations in that country.

Apparently she fired the shots inside so if the bullet holes were in the roof that seems like good evidence that they were warning shots, if they are next to the wall where he was standing that would be harder to prove as warning shots. I don't know where the shots went.

The guy sounds like a right fucking cunt though, some miserable long haul truck driver who couldn't take being rejected and didn't want her to move on with her life because he wanted her to stay as miserable as he is.

Apparently she fired the shots inside so if the bullet holes were in the roof that seems like good evidence that they were warning shots, if they are next to the wall where he was standing that would be harder to prove as warning shots. I don't know where the shots went.

The guy sounds like a right fucking cunt though, some miserable long haul truck driver who couldn't take being rejected and didn't want her to move on with her life because he wanted her to stay as miserable as he is.

I repeat, she's a bird. Where the bullets ended up has no bearing whatsoever on where she intended them to end up. I'd venture in this case it is even possible she was trying to commit suicide.

I think in cases like this it is only right and proper to side with the man.

I repeat, she's a bird. Where the bullets ended up has no bearing whatsoever on where she intended them to end up. I'd venture in this case it is even possible she was trying to commit suicide.

That's fucking preposterous. As if a woman could handle the responsibility of making a decision like that. She'd probably ask her husband to order a suicide so she could share a bit of his.

How about "the guy that looks like he can dance", or "that fella with the good dress sense". Second one isn't always true, first one almost always is.

"...convict with the longest record."

Anchorman 2 is already delivering.

The shot was fired at the guy, went through a wall into a room containing her kids and deflected into the ceiling. This after the bloke said, we're done, we're leaving, to which she replied "We'll I got something for you", at which point she went to the garage, got a gun and shot at him.

Stand your ground? After leaving and returning? Not gonna fly.

Self-defense while the guy and the kids are dressing to leave? Not gonna fly.

Not taking three years in Florida where there is a MANDATORY MINIMUM of 20 years if you fire a gun in commission of a crime is pretty dumb.

Trial Begins for Old White Man Who Senselessly Shot and Killed Black Middle-Schooler | Alternet

Days after a jury found George Zimmerman innocent of murdering Trayvon Martin, another racially-charged murder trial begins.

July 17, 2013 |

Opening statements for the trial of a seventy-six-year-old white man accused of murdering his thirteen-year-old Black neighbor began Tuesday, unveiling the heartbreaking details of the May 2010 shooting that occurred in broad day light in Milkwaukee. In a video the prosecution showed to jurors, sixth-grader Darius Simmons drags his trash can inside before stepping outside, at which point his nextdoor neighbor John Spooner approaches him with a handgun. Simmons backs up fearfully, and Spooner briefly points the pistol at the young boy's mother, Patricia Larry, who was sitting on the steps of her home. Spooner fires and shoots the child in the chest as his mother watches. The wounded youth stumbles away, and Spooner fires again, missing. Moments later, Simmons was dead.

Larry testified that she ran toward her son, and placed her hand on his neck, where she felt a light pulse.

“Then I pulled his shirt up and I (saw) he had a bullet hole in his chest,” she said through tears, “He took one more breath and that’s it.”

A video of Spooner's interrogation shows the killer saying he shot Simmons because he thought the middle schooler burglarized his home and stole his shotguns. The Associated Press explains:

Simmons’ mother, Patricia Larry, testified that Spooner warned her to call 911 and accused her son of burglarizing his home. She said Spooner told her son he’d teach him not to steal, then fired the shot that struck the boy in his chest.

[Milwaukee police officer Michael Urbaniak] testified that he and Martinez placed Spooner in the back of a squad car while they investigated the scene. While being detained, Spooner commented that he had reached his breaking point and that his house had been broken into two days earlier, Urbaniak said.

The officer said Spooner claimed he knew the culprits were the kids who lived next door, and that they were part of a black family that recently moved next door and had caused nothing but trouble. Spooner is white.

In other words, another lawless white man callously profiled a Black child, rendered him guilty, and took his life with a bullet.

The defense claims Spooner did not intend to "kill" Simmons by shooting him at point-blank range. If the old, bearded white man is found guilty of murder, another round in court must then determine if he was mentally sound at the time of the killing. While the evidence in this case should make for an easier conviction than George Zimmerman's, the trial is yet another example of America's failure to value the lives of young, Black men. Today, Democracy Now reported on "Operation Ghetto Storm," the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement (MXGM) project that found "at least 136 unarmed African Americans were killed by police, security guards and self-appointed vigilantes in 2012." That's one Black person dead at the hands of a lawless enforcer every 28 hours.

Justice for these slain Black youths is not only in the court room, but a committment to stopping the thought patterns that kill kids 'guilty' only of being Black.

Again "stalked" why not observed? A neighbour hood watch guy spots a guy hanging around in the rain in the middle of the night in a neighbour hood with a history of burglaries who fits the recent description of the burglars. So he calls the cops and keeps an eye on him and gets jumped.

Why didn't Treyvon just go home? He could have just kept walking home it was in the opposite direction to where Zimmerman was. Na he had to confront that cracker and get his.

Also the skittles thing is funny because we now know he was buying the ingredients to make purple juice or Syzurp as little Wayne likes to call it. Sweet child.

You would think if Trayvon were making sizzurp, purple drink, whatever you want to call it, his tox screen would have come back positive for Promethezine.

Zimmerman (in his own statement) said he confronted Trayvon.

Why didn't Trayvon go home? No one knows really. What we do know is that Trayvon was followed by Zimmerman. Trayvon had no keys, and his brother was home alone. Maybe he didn't want the strange man to know where he lived and put his brother in danger.