You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've helped black families…to guide them in the right direction

RedSand

Usually when people are accused of "getting on their high horse" it's that they are just being decent, moral, human beings and challenging things that are a bit off.

I'm accusing him of trying to twist what i said so 'he can' get on his high horse.

Yet again - take what suits you from what is read and not what is actually said.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I twisted? I've been quoting you verbatim.

Twisting the meaning.

I said it is 'scary what they can get away with'. Meaning that yeah, i was scared that this little prick was trying to get me sacked for racism just because he had been caught out being a little cunt.

The word 'can' is me saying that clearly this 'can' happen. If i didn't have that call recording I could have been sacked for nothing. Like I said, scary.

But if it doesn't fit you're agenda then please carry on trying to make out I have other views.

I'm a humanitarian 100% and never would I discriminate against anyone.

If my wording came across different to how I meant it or how I have read it back as well then i apologise.

Twisting the meaning.

I said it is 'scary what they can get away with'. Meaning that yeah, i was scared that this little prick was trying to get me sacked for racism just because he had been caught out being a little cunt.

The word 'can' is me saying that clearly this 'can' happen. If i didn't have that call recording I could have been sacked for nothing. Like I said, scary.

But if it doesn't fit you're agenda then please carry on trying to make out I have other views.

I'm a humanitarian 100% and never would I discriminate against anyone.

If my wording came across different to how I meant it or how I have read it back as well then i apologise.

But you said it happened "loads of times" and the word "they" was clearly meant to encompass lots of other people. Otherwise you would have used "he". Or am I wrong on both of those points?

I'm not trying to twist anything, just having a discussion and challenging what I think are baseless views.

Nothing personal Stig, but when you use words like "they", it's instantly divisive. We're all people, and all different, so classifications like that are a little insulting I should think. Turn it around and imagine it was someone pigeon-holing scousers for instance. I'm definitely not saying you are a racist at all, but careless thinking like that when you put people in boxes is what people mean by institutional racism. Anyone who "plays the race card" like that fella is an arsehole, but to extend it to "them" implies that you think it's what all black people would do in that situation. It isn't though. Don't take getting picked up on this personally, just have a think about it. I know I'm ignoring obvious trolls here in talking to you by the way, but I'm not feeling all that peckish.

I've worked with various minorities over the years. The vast majority of which would reach straight for the race card the second something (holiday, appraisal etc) went against them. It tended to be the ones who were racist themselves and who made a big deal of their race every minute of everyday that did this.

One woman had a pretty inflammatory poem on her desk about how she was a victimised black woman and one of the lines was 'Everyday day all I face is work placed hate' someone complained about it and she went full race card mode

I also find the minorities who just get on with their lives without making an issue of things can't stand the card wavers as it skews the peperception of the race as a whole

Back to the case and it seems to me that this is a straight-forward case of was it self-defence or not? Why the confrontation took place is a surely a side issue which it strikes me a lot of people are using to get a bandwagon rolling. If I saw a young bloke I'd not seen before loitering around outside my house, I'd feel within my rights to ask him what he was up to, whatever the colour of his skin. If he felt the need to respond aggressively to my enquiry, I'd feel within my rights to kick his fucking head in, in self-defence. What made me suspicious of him in the first place is irrelevant in this case isn't it? If it was a black dude and he threw the race card in my face, I would simply explain that I wasn't suspicious of him because he was black, but because he was hanging around outside my house when he had no obvious reason to. I don't pick on people just because they are black.

I wouldn't employ one though, no sir. Dem boys are too much trouble.

I've never met anyone who has made a big deal of their race every minute of every day. I don't believe such people exist. Nor do i think I've ever met one of these "card wavers".

That's certainly a huge sweeping exaggeration, but I have encountered someone who made an issue of their race when I called them for being an arsehole on the bus. When that happened though, I just laughed it off and other people of their ethnicity defended me.

I've never met anyone who has made a big deal of their race every minute of every day. I don't believe such people exist. Nor do i think I've ever met one of these "card wavers".

I've come across card wavers before - usually the same sort of ignorant twats that us whities have to put with in the EDL, and I'm sure just as embarrassing. I had one chap of asian descent accuse me of racism because I hadn't been able to get him a job interview (I work in recruitment). I had to explain to him that I wasn't putting him forward for job interviews on account of him being a rather tedious little dick, not because he was a tedious little asian dick. I work in recruitment, says I, I don't even see you as a person, you're either a fee, or you're a waste of my time. Don't call me again.

I know there is genuine racism out there, and it must be hard for minority groups to try and get dealt with on level terms, but I'd be lying if I said I gave a toss.

That's certainly a huge sweeping exaggeration, but I have encountered someone who made an issue of their race when I called them for being an arsehole on the bus. When that happened though, I just laughed it off and other people of their ethnicity defended me.

Not saying the card wavers, if that is a legitimate description, don't exist. Just that I've never met one. I suppose the closest I've come is a girl who was a team leader who the boss was trying to sack as he believed she was stealing petty cash for cocaine (you all would, by the way - stunner). She argued that he was picking on her because of her race. I don't know if that was true or not.

Not saying the card wavers, if that is a legitimate description, don't exist. Just that I've never met one. I suppose the closest I've come is a girl who was a team leader who the boss was trying to sack as he believed she was stealing petty cash for cocaine (you all would, by the way - stunner). She argued that he was picking on her because of her race. I don't know if that was true or not.

It'll have been true - they're all into cocaine.

I don't like Belgians. But that could change as I've never really met one.

This Trayvon case was always going to be bad as basically there is the stupidest law in the history of stupid laws in Florida (stand your ground) that allows you to shoot people.

Let's say TK421 and I are standing at a bus stop in Boca Raton, FLA. I'm packing because Noos has got me very fearful of coked up black women mugging me. TK wants to demonstrate his leg bowl. But in my advanced state of paranoia, I take this as an aggressive move and that cricket ball looks like a little bomb so I pop five rounds into him. Under Florida law I am innocent as I was standing my ground against this perceived threat.

This Trayvon case was always going to be bad as basically there is the stupidest law in the history of stupid laws in Florida (stand your ground) that allows you to shoot people.

Let's say TK421 and I are standing at a bus stop in Boca Raton, FLA. I'm packing because Noos has got me very fearful of coked up black women mugging me. TK wants to demonstrate his leg bowl. But in my advanced state of paranoia, I take this as an aggressive move and that cricket ball looks like a little bomb so I pop five rounds into him. Under Florida law I am innocent as I was standing my ground against this perceived threat.

they have a few odd laws in Florida

Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

It is considered an offense to shower naked.

You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.

It is illegal to block any traveled wagon road.

Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

It is illegal to skateboard without a license.

A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

Can't see the courts buying that. Not if they'd seen TK bowl anyway.

A civilian 911 operator recommended he didn't approach him, but that's all it was. Don't think they were gonna send out cops.

Just checked the transcript. Police were dispatched and on their way. One thing I did get wrong ws that I thought he was one of those private security force 'cops' these gated communities sometimes employ. He was just a neighbourhood watch volunteer.

I've worked with various minorities over the years. The vast majority of which would reach straight for the race card the second something (holiday, appraisal etc) went against them.

I also find the minorities who just get on with their lives without making an issue of things can't stand the card wavers as it skews the peperception of the race as a whole

I'm having trouble reconciling these two paragraphs.

If the vast majority of people from ethnic minorities play the race card, why do the minority get annoyed with them for skewing the perception of their particular race, whatever it may be, as a whole? If the popular perception is that the race card is always played then how is that perception being skewed? If anything, it's being reinforced by such behaviour, it being an accurate (according to you) description of a typical person who belongs to an ethnic minority group.

Just checked the transcript. Police were dispatched and on their way. One thing I did get wrong ws that I thought he was one of those private security force 'cops' these gated communities sometimes employ. He was just a neighbourhood watch volunteer.

He wasn't even a part of a registered neighborhood watch program.

Stand Your Ground had nothing to do with this case. His defense was plain old self-defense. SYG applies to dwellings and vehicles not bus stops.

Almost as fanciful as the idea of coked up blacks and public transit being allowed in Boca city limits.