You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've helped black families…to guide them in the right direction

RedSand

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm Canadian.

I get as balanced a perspective as possible, probably. Including the synthesis you recommend.

Whoops! In mitigation at least I didn't mistake you for an american!

What would you say were the leading online resources up there that provide a balanced perspective.

but the point of sugar is as a flavouring, alcohol as a social lubricant those are unintended side effects. guns are meant to kill people.

Americans may want their guns but plenty of people want plenty of things they can't or shouldn't have and that's no different.

The problem is it's a democracy so you have to convince those people to give up their guns. They won't do it at the say so of a bunch of politicians they don't trust further than they could throw them.

Nice to know walking home from 7-11 is grounds for being stalked and shot in florida

(if you're black)

Again "stalked" why not observed? A neighbour hood watch guy spots a guy hanging around in the rain in the middle of the night in a neighbour hood with a history of burglaries who fits the recent description of the burglars. So he calls the cops and keeps an eye on him and gets jumped.

Why didn't Treyvon just go home? He could have just kept walking home it was in the opposite direction to where Zimmerman was. Na he had to confront that cracker and get his.

Also the skittles thing is funny because we now know he was buying the ingredients to make purple juice or Syzurp as little Wayne likes to call it. Sweet child.

Stand Your Ground had nothing to do with this case. His defense was plain old self-defense. SYG applies to dwellings and vehicles not bus stops.

Apparently in Florida, among some other states, SYG extends to "any place someone has a right to be".

Either way, it's a disaster of a law for any civilized country.

I was discussing with a work friend today, is it ok to say 'the black fella?'

Like if you were referring someone to someone else, you might say 'yeah, speak to John, he's the tall guy with glasses over there...' or 'Mike, the slightly downs looking fella over there'.

I've noticed when it is with ethnics people kinda go 'Yeah, see Tyrone over there the bl-- uhh the fella over there'

'Which fella? Oh 'Tyrone', guess its the coloured fella'

Fucking minefield these days. Surely you can just say the black fella, the baldy fella, four eyes, beardo, dyke etc?

Like if you were referring someone to someone else, you might say 'yeah, speak to John, he's the tall guy with glasses over there...' or 'Mike, the slightly downs looking fella over there'.

I've noticed when it is with ethnics people kinda go 'Yeah, see Tyrone over there the bl-- uhh the fella over there'

Fucking minefield these days. Surely you can just say the black fella, the baldy fella, four eyes, beardo, dyke etc?

Pretty sure both of those are a no no, in case you wondered.

Caught the end of the first half of the daily show today (so yesterdays show) where a black woman in florida has just been given 20 years for firing a gun into the air to warn off her husband under SYG.

Didn't catch all of it so some of the details may be off.

How about "the guy that looks like he can dance", or "that fella with the good dress sense". Second one isn't always true, first one almost always is.

How about "the guy that looks like he can dance", or "that fella with the good dress sense". Second one isn't always true, first one almost always is.

Then get your gun and shoot at his feet for emphasis.