You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's impossible as Liverpool Fans to look at the Terry case without thinking of Suarez.

However in isolation, as much as I think John Terry is a natural born scumbag, I don't think he is a racist, and I don't think he's honestly THAT stupid to call someone what he did on the football pitch.

I think taking the England Captaincy of him, although perhaps logically the best thing to do, he could be innocent and all this fucking hoo har has effectively fucked themselves owner.

He's as guilty as fuck, (according to the FA rules) so 8 match ban and a huge fine then? Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

According to those rules you posted he definitely should face a ban even if the gets off with the criminal charge.

It seems to clearly state in those FA rules its an offence to mentions anyones skin colour no matter what circumstances. And as we saw with Suarez they seemed keen to ensure no matter the circumstances he was going to be got.

So they simply should be banning Terry. I'm not holding my breath though.

hmmm the contenders for the England captaincy is actually quite hilarious if you go through the people likely to be heavily involved

Hart- young keeper only being in the side just over a year

Johnson- regular who keeps his nose clean but never been a leader

Cahill- only got about ten caps

Ferdinand- already had captaincy taken off him, past it and injury prone, also involved in the Terry case

Cole- shithouse who admits he doesn't give a fuck about England, but still probably the best performer for the country and very experienced

Barry- the day he becomes England captain the future of football in this country is fucked

Gerrard- injury prone, not played for England for over a year

Lampard- not certain of a place in the team

Rooney- lunatic who will get sent off or throw a wobbler at every major competition

I would assume the fact that Terry is captain (still, after his behaviour in SA) that he still retains some support from other players, so what about them?

If Rio is instrumental in removing Terry then how can he be made captain, or Rooney? Lampard ain't good enough.

So who is it going to be? Not that I give a fuck, but I would suggest Joe Hart is the obvious candidate or Gareth Barry.

Here in lies the FA's dilemma, who to appoint?

I think because of this is the main reason why Terry kept the Captaincy for longer than he deserved (never deserved it IMO).

To be honest I wouldn't have Gerrard as the media would tear him apart. They'd ask why make him Captain as he's been in court on assault charges and doesn't give the kind of interviews they like.

Rooney, haven't got the time to list his misdemnours!

Lampard, falling out of favour with Chelsea and on the wane, not a long term option

Ferdinand, dodgy past and the Terry backers would not be happy and would lead to division amongst supporters

Gareth Barry, don't think he's worthy of a first team place sometimes when I watch him!

Joe Hart, becoming a really good goalkeeper, wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on himi

Who does that leave?

Not many

Help please as I can't suggest anyone!

hmmm the contenders for the England captaincy is actually quite hilarious if you go through the people likely to be heavily involved

Hart- young keeper only being in the side just over a year

Johnson- regular who keeps his nose clean but never been a leader

Cahill- only got about ten caps

Ferdinand- already had captaincy taken off him, past it and injury prone, also involved in the Terry case

Cole- shithouse who admits he doesn't give a fuck about England, but still probably the best performer for the country and very experienced

Barry- the day he becomes England captain the future of football in this country is fucked

Gerrard- injury prone, not played for England for over a year

Lampard- not certain of a place in the team

Rooney- lunatic who will get sent off or throw a wobbler at every major competition

LOL.

Great minds think alike

What would the charge be? If it were the same, broadly, as the Criminal charge, and he was found not guilty, why would the FA bring a charge?

I do not believe that there is any precedent, or FA rule, which provides for someone facing an FA charge for an offence which a criminal court has cleared them of guilt.

If I was JT's team, in that situation, I would offer no evidence other than the transcript of the trial.

It is possible that evidence may come up which supports an FA Charge, but not a criminal one.But they would need to word it very carefully so that it did not appear that he was being tried twice.

I think that we are all agreed that a sporting tribunal is not the place to hear cases which may give cause for Criminal Prosecution. I anticipate that with due process, FA rules for those situations will change in the foreseeable future.

I do believe that the Pakistani Cricketers where charged and suspended by the ICC before their criminal case was heard. Also think the Jockey club did something similar. The precedence is there.

Fuck England.

This.

And Mongo won't get a ban before his court case which is what makes it suck arse even more that he's been adjourned til July. Us fighting for fourth with them and their captain being allowed to play out the season because a FA ban would likely prejudice the court case. If that rule is right about referring to a player's colour in any context he needs banning but it disgusts me that it won't be this season whereas Saurez had the kangaroo court to deal with.

Fuck the FA. Fuck Ingurlund. I hope they get fucking beasted in the three group games.

Fuck the FA. Fuck Ingurlund. I hope they get fucking beasted in the three group games.

I concur! However I would like a prolonged soap opera until Sweden send them crashing out, making axminster head's introduction pointless!

Ideally the arguing and backbitting leads to all sorts of accusations and hopefully a couple of writs flying towards a few of those involved. Nice little bitter war between the media and the players.

Basically all those cunts who stood as one, united in zero tolerance towards Luis to tear themselves apart highlighting the fact that they are all a shower of hypocritical cunts.

I do believe that the Pakistani Cricketers where charged and suspended by the ICC before their criminal case was heard. Also think the Jockey club did something similar. The precedents are there.

All Sporting Associations have their own rules. But you raise some interesting questions.

I don't think that either found the individuals guilty in advance of a criminal case.

Employers suspending, pending an investigation, is quite common.

I don't think that the FA rules provide for that. It is not in the interests of the Clubs to do so or agree with it.

This.

And Mongo won't get a ban before his court case which is what makes it suck arse even more that he's been adjourned til July. Us fighting for fourth with them and their captain being allowed to play out the season because a FA ban would likely prejudice the court case. If that rule is right about referring to a player's colour in any context he needs banning but it disgusts me that it won't be this season whereas Saurez had the kangaroo court to deal with.

The decision to delay the trial has nothing to do with the FA though.

Don't you need to add 'fuck the justice system'? And while you're at it add 'fuck the machine' and head down to your nearest Occupy protest!

All Sporting Associations have their own rules. But you raise some interesting questions.

I don't think that either found the individuals guilty in advance of a criminal case.

Employers suspending, pending an investigation, is quite common.

I don't think that the FA rules provide for that. It is not in the interests of the Clubs to do so or agree with it.

The Pakastani cricketers were found guilty by ICC at beginning of 2011. Found guilty in Court months later.