You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guilty until proven innocent then!

He is not on trial for his character, nor is he in trial for being the media darling. Until the judge says guilty or not guilty everything should carry on as normal.

If this had happened in most workplaces, you would be suspended pending an investigation.

The England rugby coach has dropped Delon Armitage after he was arrested (not even charged) for an alleged assault

Guest davelfc
Guilty until proven innocent then!

He is not on trial for his character, nor is he in trial for being the media darling. Until the judge says guilty or not guilty everything should carry on as normal.

He is guilty of referring to a persons colour of skin in a football game, an offence under FA rules. It doesn't matter the circumstances, it's an offence under FA rules and even if he clears his name in court the FA have him 'bang to rights' on video.

Therefore he should stand down, common decency is what is was called, some just get their head around that because it doesn't exist much anymore.

Guest davelfc
Rule E3(1): "A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour."

"In the event of any breach of Rule E3(1) including a reference to any one or more of a person's ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, faith, gender, sexual orientation or disability (an "aggravating factor"), a Regulatory Commission shall consider the imposition of an increased sanction."

He's as guilty as fuck, (according to the FA rules) so 8 match ban and a huge fine then? Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

This is the FA at their most inept.

Fabio cares nothing for the FA, England or English football and thinks that he is just making a decision based on the best footballers available to him.

Simply on a footballing basis, for me, Terry’s powers have been on the wane for some time. He now appears a divisive force in the dressing room, first with Bridge, and now with this. Can it be worth it?

Representing England is an honour and a privilege, being Captain more so. With that comes responsibility. If being selected as a player or captain creates adverse publicity which may tarnish those positions that player should choose to stand down, irrespective of their innocence or guilt as a matter of honour.

The FA is getting the worst of all worlds with this. I don’t think they are betting the benefit on the pitch they think they are, off the pitch they certainly won’t.

Terry has ridden his luck for a long time, that run should end.

If this had happened in most workplaces, you would be suspended pending an investigation.

The England rugby coach has dropped Delon Armitage after he was arrested (not even charged) for an alleged assault

Which also means that in most other workplaces, until a decision has been reached he would not be suspended.

He is guilty of referring to a persons colour of skin in a football game, an offence under FA rules. It doesn't matter the circumstances, it's an offence under FA rules and even if he clears his name in court the FA have him 'bang to rights' on video.

Therefore he should stand down, common decency is what is was called, some just get their head around that because it doesn't exist much anymore.

Not sure that you can be charged for refering to a persons colour during a game, if you are responding to an accusation!

The reason he wouldn't step down is because he is a selfish cunt, but he isn't being charged with being a selfish cunt.

Guest davelfc

Not sure that you can be charged for refering to a persons colour during a game, if you are responding to an accusation!

Hey I don't make the rules, the FA do as they go along. He used the words and that's enough. There was really no sensible excuse to say such a thing on a football pitch.

Interestingly Ferdinand seems to have forgotten to tell the police that terry was responding innocently to an accusation. I would assume he would also forget to tell the FA the same thing.

gutless from the FA again, surely you either keep him as captain or chuck him out of the squad completely

You'd think wouldn't you?

In SA he acted like the captain, a clearly divisive figure.

London in general acts like that post belongs to them, hence Samuel's grotesque and fully self-aware about-turn.

Still, watching the FA fuck up time after time is great fun.

Hey I don't make the rules, the FA do as they go along. He used the words and that's enough. There was really no sensible excuse to say such a thing on a football pitch.

Interestingly Ferdinand seems to have forgotten to tell the police that terry was responding innocently to an accusation. I would assume he would also forget to tell the FA the same thing.

My instinct is haha, and I do think he has a case to answer and should have the decency to resign.

But there seems to be a response reserved for other cases, and a different response for racism cases (and arguably a different response depending on the player!)

You'd think wouldn't you?

In SA he acted like the captain, a clearly divisive figure.

London in general acts like that post belongs to them, hence Samuel's grotesque and fully self-aware about-turn.

Still, watching the FA fuck up time after time is great fun.

In all fairness they have backed themselves into a corner in stripping him of the captaincy for allegedly shagging Bridges wife. He is a horrible human being.

I really hope Stevie fucks it all off after the Euros.

Even before them, but he won't. That will be the manager's call.

After a year out with fitness questions still lingering, Capello may make it.

The FA, the newspapers, England; they all seem to develop a spine where LFC is concerned.

They'll fudge on Terry, they'll whine about kangaroo courts, they'll take Lampard to the Ukraine.

henrywinter Henry Winter

Terry loses #eng captaincy. I can't see how he can even go to Euros now. FA fears about dressing-room dynamic & media circus would remain

The FA are an absolute joke of an organisation. Clearly this has been leaked left right and center. They can't even keep it to themselves before making any announcement.

I would assume the fact that Terry is captain (still, after his behaviour in SA) that he still retains some support from other players, so what about them?

If Rio is instrumental in removing Terry then how can he be made captain, or Rooney? Lampard ain't good enough.

So who is it going to be? Not that I give a fuck, but I would suggest Joe Hart is the obvious candidate or Gareth Barry.

henrywinter Henry Winter

Terry loses #eng captaincy. I can't see how he can even go to Euros now. FA fears about dressing-room dynamic & media circus would remain

The FA are an absolute joke of an organisation. Clearly this has been leaked left right and center. They can't even keep it to themselves before making any announcement.

Spot on.

This is the FA at their most hapless.

I would assume the fact that Terry is captain (still, after his behaviour in SA) that he still retains some support from other players, so what about them?

If Rio is instrumental in removing Terry then how can he be made captain, or Rooney? Lampard ain't good enough.

So who is it going to be? Not that I give a fuck, but I would suggest Joe Hart is the obvious candidate or Gareth Barry.

Richards!