You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Were there any reasons given why the court case was put back to the 9th July? If I am thinking correctly a crime of that nature would only be seen in a magistrates court so why wasn't it seen on Tuesday?

It's a fucking disgrace that Mongo gets to play the rest of the season and what'll be worse is that he'll probably get off with the charge and the FA will say no further action can be taken as it has been settle in a court of law.

The FA fucking stink.

I concur! However I would like a prolonged soap opera until Sweden send them crashing out, making axminster head's introduction pointless!

Ideally the arguing and backbitting leads to all sorts of accusations and hopefully a couple of writs flying towards a few of those involved. Nice little bitter war between the media and the players.

Basically all those cunts who stood as one, united in zero tolerance towards Luis to tear themselves apart highlighting the fact that they are all a shower of hypocritical cunts.

Ha!

The lack of patriotism among the English always makes me chuckle. You almost hate yourselves as much as a lot of other countries do! And I say that as a fully paid up Anglophile.

Ha!

The lack of patriotism among the English always makes me chuckle. You almost hate yourselves as much as a lot of other countries do! And I say that as a fully paid up Anglophile.

You realise there's a difference between the country and the football team, right?

Ha!

Ask me about the Cricketers, Andy Murray, Athletics, Golf, Boxing in fact most other sports and I am quite happy the plod the patriotic path.

However it is worth noting I consider myself British, from Liverpool. I don't like the English by and large.

Although truth be told, If I was French I probably wouldn't like the French either!

Ha!

Yeah, but there's myriad reasons for that. I was born in Liverpool, but both my parents are Irish, so I consider myself half-Irish anyway.

And most people who support top clubs would support them more fervently than the national team; it's only small, insecure countries who demonstrate real fervour re: support of their national team, and national pride in general. Like Denmark, or Israel, or the Ivory Coast or wherever. It's pretty embarrassing most of the time.

Big, important countries don't need to give a fuck, unless they're America, who are insecure because they've only existed for 400 years.

Plus hating John Terry has nothing to do with England or the Engladn team, it's a natural human response.

Ask me about the Cricketers, Andy Murray, Athletics, Golf, Boxing in fact most other sports and I am quite happy the plod the patriotic path.

However it is worth noting I consider myself British, from Liverpool. I don't like the English by and large.

Although truth be told, If I was French I probably wouldn't like the French either!

Have you lived elsewhere, Whelan? Just curious if you heard the English being slated in another country, you would defend them or join in!

Well if 'arry boy's trial didn't quite end the media feeding frenzy over Suarez this will certainly get their attention. What a joke the FA are. Mongo of course has overplayed his hand by manipulating the trial date and leaving them no choice but to act. Terry if he had one shred of decency would tell the FA to fuck off and retire immediately from international football. He would at least get his fat friend in the press claiming the moral high ground on the basis of an innocent man being hounded out. Expect the selfish twat will soldier on for the sake of Ingurland and the fans .

Yeah, but there's myriad reasons for that. I was born in Liverpool, but both my parents are Irish, so I consider myself half-Irish anyway.

And most people who support top clubs would support them more fervently than the national team; it's only small, insecure countries who real fervour re: support of their national team, and national pride in general. Like Denmark, or Israel, or the Ivory Coast or wherever.

Big, important countries don't need to give a fuck, unless they're America, who are insecure because they've only existed for 400 years.

Plus hating John Terry has nothing to do with England or the Engladn team, it's a natural human response.

Disagree with your big country/small country theory. Agree there is a myriad of reasons for the lack of patriotism among the English though.

Even before them, but he won't. That will be the manager's call.

After a year out with fitness questions still lingering, Capello may make it.

The FA, the newspapers, England; they all seem to develop a spine where LFC is concerned.

They'll fudge on Terry, they'll whine about kangaroo courts, they'll take Lampard to the Ukraine.

So bored of this bullshit about the media. The FA stripped him of the captaincy BECAUSE of the media campaign.

Ignoring the odd spastic like Samuel, he's been roundly castigated in the press. Simon Barnes fucking ruined him in this morning's Times, and Syed regularly does it.

So bored of this bullshit about the media. The FA stripped him of the captaincy BECAUSE of the media campaign.

Ignoring the odd spastic like Samuel, he's been roundly castigated in the press. Simon Barnes fucking ruined him in this morning's Times, and Syed regularly does it.

They've pretty much ignored the cloud until they were informed it would still be hanging over him by July.

The difference in coverage back in December when dirty Liverpool backed racist Suarez (even Johnson got ripped to bits) at Wigan v big brave JT at White Hart Lane was virtually 180 degrees.

Samuel certainly is an odd spastic. He is in no way unique on this.

Terry’s legal team and Chelsea decided to delay the case as long as possible so he would be available for the club. I’m sure we would have done the same if it was possible, but ultimately there was so much adverse media publicity heaped on the club that the club feared making matters worse (wrongly in my view we bottled it). In this instance the focus is on England and the FA not Chelsea.

In fact we were told do not appeal the decision, as the matter is so important. I am surprised more has not been made of Chelsea’s involvement to delay matters.

It could end up with two clubs fighting for the c/l spot with players who have referred to skin colour, one has served an eight game ban whilst the other has been able to play for his team. What is to stop a player stamping on another player in a game, and a member of the public reports it to the police and the police investigate.

It could open up all sorts of issues in the future, where players could get bans delayed for the best part of a year, just by complaints being made. You can not have players and clubs being treated differently, just because one unnamed member of the public makes a complaint, it is open to all sorts of trickery.

Have you lived elsewhere, Whelan? Just curious if you heard the English being slated in another country, you would defend them or join in!

I haven't lived anywhere else no. I would hope that I judge criticism on whether I think it is valid or not! I certainly don't support scousers on everything.

It might (football aside) be a Liverpool thing regarding the country (as Silverlining aluded to), as I believe there is still a prejudice against the city. I work with a lot of non UK organisations and people who by and large have a positive reaction to the City which I don't get with English people, particularly the South East.

I have long since took the view 'Well fuck off then!'

He'll score in Chelsea's next game.

*Motty voice*

"It's Juan Mata - two Mata haha! - down the right flank ohhh and... and... John Terry! Who else?! Haha!"

woolnoughcamerafeb17_654771.jpg

Hello again and welcome to Sunday Supplement, the show that everyone watches - everywhere. As you know, we are gathered here today to rage at the injustice of the treatment of the great John 'JT' Terry, a personal friend of all of us here and quite possibly the most wonderful human being ever created by a humble dribble of semen. Gentleman, let's start.

29-03-2009-Henry-Winter-copy_2078699.jpg

And it came to pass, that an hairy man - Luis Suarez - donneth a most egregious thing, and a smooth man - John Terry - committeth no sin other than to doeth what any other smooth man wouldst doeth when the camel-faced one tryeth to passeth through a needle and-

Shaun-Custis-800x600_2657161.jpg

Er, I'm confused, which is why me voice is shooting up all high and girly and that. Can someone please tell me like when are we talking about Newcastle? What's going on? What IS this?

paddybarclay_611512.jpg

Look, the England team is crap. Fact. Okay? I know it's very gutsy and controversial for me to say so, but, hey, that's the kind of guy I am. I tell it like it is. So Terry's absence doesn't actually strike me as a massive blow. It's a small blow, yes, but not a massive blow. And frankly I don't care whether Terry said something wrong - let's say allegedly - because it's not as bad - it's not anywhere NEAR as bad - as what I have to put up on a DAILY basis with all of those OBSCENELY insane dullards who call themselves Liverpool fans. My God, they cannot understand pure reason! Only me and Kant have it. People get us confused all the time - I hear them calling me "Kant". "A great big Kant" actually, which I have to admit is flattering. But this degree of persecution-

OliverHolt_2680692.jpg

Actually, Paddy, if I may, I think you're missing the point on this particular occasion. The point is that Luis Suarez is a disgrace for being accused of racism by someone else, whereas John Terry is the victim of a witchhunt for being caught on camera saying something racist. I really am perplexed to the verge of tears to read all of this careless misinformation by my many moral inferiors. Why are there so few clever people in the world today? Why can't people feel as keenly as I do? Why can't people CARE as deeply as I do? If you cut me, do I not bleed? If you-

MartinSamuel_1936492.jpg

Lads, lads, lads! This is JT we're talking about! THE JT!! Our leader! Our King! The greatest living Cockney! What we're looking at here [munch munch munch] is a conspiracy [burp] by the nefarious forces [crunch crunch] gathered together in that darkly satanic place [hic] they call Merseyside. Out of pure ENVY [burp] these sad little whiners and whingers have responded to Suarez being caught eating babies and god knows what else [munch hic burp] by screaming blue murder at one of the noblest, prettiest and heroically bruised footballers ever to walk the earth. I would urge the FA to throw the book at Kenny Dalglish [burp], Ian Ayre [burp], John Henry [hic], Bill Shankly [munch], Ken Dodd [berrrrp], Alexi Sayle [hic-berrrp], Jimmy Tarbuck-

031010PaulSmith_2510888.jpg

I just killed a man! I KILLED 'im! Wiv me bare hands! He's outside in the boot of me car! I KILLED A MAN!!!

SundaySupplement3_1131041.jpg

Well, sadly for our understandably loyal viewers, that's all we've got time for this week, because our taxis are running and we've left some customers inside them. Don't forget that you can watch it all again in our podcast! Be lucky!

• Upvote 1